K’NEX® New Thrill Ride Sets (Son of Serpent)

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#341 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have found a few pictures I think you guys might find interesting...

New coaster ? - SSCoasters Model Gallery
New coaster? - SSCoasters Model Gallery

No, this is not fake, it's legit.

Discusss oppinions on these new sets!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#342 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Links? The first link reminds me of one of the K'nex education sets. I'd also buy some of those Scorcerers Eclipse coasters for the blue tubing and the black X-ties.
I would have like to see more originality from the first model. It looks like a modified SS. But that blue train looks sick!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#343 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Where did you find those...... :o I just peed my pants, if those are reasonable priced, the SS could be revived!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#344 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

if those are reasonable priced,

Mwahahahahahahaha. I hope they are but after the whole SoS pricing thing, I have serious doubts. Also, there's no middle car on that blue train but there's always paint. The second one looks really cool though.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#345 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Just kept looking, found this, slimtrack builders should be delighted.

New coaster - SSCoasters Model Gallery

Also, there a a whole bunch of new sets and models, a lot of classic knex sets such as a octopus ride.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#346 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

OMG! K'NEX put a spine on one of their sets! I need one of those. And GLOWING TRACK LIKE ON SPACE MOUNTAIN! I need one of those!!!!!!!!

#347 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Dude, where are you finding these?!?! That micro coaster looks pretty awesome. Love the curved incline, and the spine.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#348 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

That minature SS coaster BETTER be reasonably priced.... if its like the Son Of Serpent deal......... ill die.

#349 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

For sure cool to see. The "Sorcerer's Eclipse" is great just because of the black x-ties and blue tubing. Ultimately though, I really hope the track and tubing colours get changed up a little (blue tubing is awesome) However I already have so many green and yellow x-ties, that having more of those colours is no real bonus for me. However if they made some new x-ties colours, I'd definitely be excited and looking to purchase a few sets :)

No matter what though, its awesome to see some classic roller coasters! It's been way to longggggg without one.

Check me out

Youtube

#350 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

I've had this theory that maybe the Son of Serpent was just a play-about to show what K'nex could do with the SS design and now that they have brought it back "with a bang" so to speak, they'll start making more accessible models for your average peerson for a reasonable price. God I hope that's true. At least parts will be becoming more readily accessible.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#351 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

WOAH THAT SLIMTRACK COASTER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! It has a flexi rod spine! And what looks to be a 90 degree turn! I want that so bad!

#352 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

K'NEX posted videos of all their new rides to their Youtube today, check them out!

K'NEX - YouTube

Two of them are classic sized coasters as seen below!

Edited by Jogumpie, 30 May 2013 - 04:13 AM.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#353 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hooray for new smaller SS style coasters. They have a lot of other new sets coming out too.

Tyndrum

#354 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

I felt like one of them was the SS but without the bunny hill after the loop.
and the sorcerers one (I think) was pretty cool..

I think they should produce an expansion kit or kits.
you can, for example buy an expansion kit with 20 flexi's and 100 crossties, or 10 ft of tubing in any colour or sets of SS trains.
So you can expand your roller coasters without having to buy another actual set, as the sets don't seem to get a great mix of tubing to crossties to flexi's and supports etc.

#355 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

I feel the SS coasters could be more interesting. Look at the micro coasters they twist and turn and do a whole bunch of random stuff, and yet these SS styled coasters are just a drop loop of sorts and a turn or two. I do like that they're bringing them back though. They're still awesome and the Sorcerer's Eclipse coaster also had flexies in the middle of the X tie clip.

Colors are also awesome as well.

#356 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

^The thing about the micro coasters is you get a few inches of track as one piece, and they only require a couple of connections per section. Also, the cars are much lighter. An SS coaster with a VV layout would shake like no other, plus it would be quite a time consuming process to assemble.

I'm really liking the Sorcerer one, I may just get a set for the black x-ties and blue tubing. I haven't actually gotten a brand new k'nex roller coaster since my very first Rippin' Rocket. Ah, memories.

#357 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hooray for new smaller SS style coasters. They have a lot of other new sets coming out too.

Do you know what they are? Or where I could find sneek peeks?

In pieces logo thing