Boomerang Coaster 5/6/12

boomerang cota lambchopz school screamin serpent

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: My opinion about the type of coaster is:

My opinion about the type of coaster is:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Sea Serpent (Morey's Piers)
Neither does it move inward.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#62 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

^ Hopefully this is better!

Got quite a bit done this past weekend, I wanted to get farther, but I'll try to get that done during the week so I can build the loop and attach the 2nd lift hill into place next weekend. For now, enjoy.

Progress Saturday night:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sunday, however, I made a few changes and prepared for the 2nd half.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still have a bit of straightening to do, but at least the cars can make it as of right now.
Posted Image

These two, really starting to annoy me...
Posted Image

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#63 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Try not to bank the middle of the c-roll too much. Otherwise, it looks awesome!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#64 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

^Thanks. The banking does look bad in the pictures, but when I finish installing it, I hope it will be at a 35-45 degree angle.

Just one comment?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#65 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Haha right? The comments are lacking these days.

I think it looks cool... I'm excited to see the second half of the C Roll cause I have a feeling it may look asymmetrical. Prove me wrong though.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#66 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

You have to watch out, you have lego workers on knex coasters, no wonder they're slaking off

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#67 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Haha right? The comments are lacking these days.

I think it looks cool... I'm excited to see the second half of the C Roll cause I have a feeling it may look asymmetrical. Prove me wrong though.

Let's just hope this brings in more. Why would it not be symmetrical? Well, we'll see about that!

You have to watch out, you have lego workers on knex coasters, no wonder they're slaking off

Not like they're really doing any of the building, so I let them be.

Well, hopefully more critiquing can be done with this next photo. I'm not finish the 2nd half of the cobra roll (center support on), so please ignore that. As of right now, the car makes it through the 1st half with ease. My fear is the loop, so I'll be relubricating the cars when I finish the loop (by the weekend at this rate). I also need to get started on my other project for this coaster; not like it's going to do it itself!

For questions regarding the banking of the valley, it is a little high. It's at a 40-45 degree bank, and this is because of how hard it is to get the banking at 30 degrees with only 3 track-to-support connections. I'll try to get more images tomorrow morning.
Posted Image

#68 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I guess I'll have to wait to truly comment on the shaping because something seems a little off... IDK though, but it looks good. I'll see what it looks like with more views of the roll.

Posted Image

#69 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Very nicely done. You've certainly improved a lot. Great catch car design too, it looks spiffy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#70 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

I guess I'll have to wait to truly comment on the shaping because something seems a little off... IDK though, but it looks good. I'll see what it looks like with more views of the roll.

It is a little off, banking and a bit of shaping-wise because of the size of it and how I need to maintain velocity as much as possible (going in both directions). You'll see, that's why the banking is so much in the valley, and it was a little hard to bank it in the first place.

Very nicely done. You've certainly improved a lot. Great catch car design too, it looks spiffy!

Thanks! I've kind of noticed recently that I have improved quite a bit. Looking back at my coasters from 2009 and 2008, that was a big improvement...

Posted Image

Posted Image[/IMG]

Posted Image

Hmmm...
Posted Image

Uh, not quite.
Posted Image

Ah ha! Caught them, finally working!
Posted Image

#71 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

nice, this is looking AWESOME!. its funny how lego people are 'building' a knex coaster :D

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#72 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

The middle of the c-roll looks a little sharp. You should try raising it. Otherwise, looks amazing.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#73 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

So I raised the C-Roll up by about the length of a grey clip and also finished the 2nd half of the Cobra Roll. I also re-lubricated the cars, and they're now silent and make through the C-Roll with ease. Although some may be annoyed to see, I've also started basic construction and planning of the scenery for the ride.

Before you comment about the banking of the Cobra Roll, please note that getting the track to be unbanked past the supports, then start banking is a little tough. So instead of fighting it, I'm just keeping it.

I hope to get at least half of the loop built, if everything is fine with the Cobra Roll.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

the middle part needs to be heart lined way more. right now you are at about 85 degrees. it should be no more than 30. looks amazing though

#75 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

If we a get a direct view from the back I believe it'll show that the C-Roll is way too wide. The banking is weird but if it's too much of a paint than it won't kill the ride for me.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#76 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I see some tubing splits.

#77 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

;)Looks really cool right now! The stairs in the middle of the C-Roll are there not right now:OGo you fix them? Now is the big next element the Looping and the next lift.;)

Posted Image

#78 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

the middle part needs to be heart lined way more. right now you are at about 85 degrees. it should be no more than 30. looks amazing though

I quote:

Before you comment about the banking of the Cobra Roll, please note that getting the track to be unbanked past the supports, then start banking is a little tough. So instead of fighting it, I'm just keeping it.

If we a get a direct view from the back I believe it'll show that the C-Roll is way too wide. The banking is weird but if it's too much of a paint than it won't kill the ride for me.

So from the view from the lift hill then? The C-Roll isn't changing size. For the angle of the 2 lift hills to be correct, the cobra roll has to be that wide.

I see some tubing splits.

Uhm, thanks? Maybe a post a little more worthy would be helpful than pointing out an obvious fact that I knew about and wasn't caring about at the moment.

Looks really cool right now! The stairs in the middle of the C-Roll are there not right now. Go you fix them? Now is the big next element the Looping and the next lift.

Thanks. The stairs were taken off so I can fix the shaping and banking without having them in my way. They and the catwalks for the main lift will be added at the end.

#79 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Uhm, thanks? Maybe a post a little more worthy would be helpful than pointing out an obvious fact that I knew about and wasn't caring about at the moment.

I guess I'm sorry for trying to help you then. And how was I suposed to know you knew about them and didn't care?

#80 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think the overall shape looks good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boomerang, cota, lambchopz, school, screamin serpent