• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi!

Here I'll post my NL projects. At the moment, 2 projects are going on. Some of you might have seen the first, initially called 'Chicken Race'. However, now I'm theming it. Another project going on is Eruptor!, a heavily-themed volcano ride.

First, Eruptor!

This ride starts off with a backwards launch, up in a 270* twisting spike. After that, it gets launched again, into a kind of immelman, with downwards hearthline roll at the end. A helix completes the first half of the ride. The train flies into a spike again, and gets lifted, to be released again, backwards.

Posted Image
Top view

Posted Image

Posted Image
Supports!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Terrein!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sketchup!

Posted Image

Chicken races comes later.

Comment!

#2 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

How did you get the coaster into sketch up im trying to find that out for ages :P.

Posted Image

#3 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Google construction kit no limits. You want the full version, which is now freely available.

Cool coaster by the way, but some of those twists look a little on the tight side. Maybe just the angle though.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#4 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Looks very good RNB! I remember that i've seen a video of it too, can i be right about that??

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#5 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Please tell me what free program I can use to convert my sketchup files to 3ds files! Even if I must get a different program, just tell me, I'm desperate! (Pervs, don't even think about it!)

And fantom, gravimetric studios closed a while ago. That's not available anymore from what I know, unless someone could post the file for it. :(

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#6 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

How did you get the coaster into sketch up im trying to find that out for ages :P.

Watch below

Looks very good RNB! I remember that i've seen a video of it too, can i be right about that??

-=Tk=-

Can be true :P

Please tell me what free program I can use to convert my sketchup files to 3ds files! Even if I must get a different program, just tell me, I'm desperate! (Pervs, don't even think about it!)

And fantom, gravimetric studios closed a while ago. That's not available anymore from what I know, unless someone could post the file for it. :(

I'll post the file this afternoon, once I'm on my laptop. The codes are given here.
** Note: this is NOT illegal, the creator of Construction Kit gave it away for free a year ago **

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

I never knew the full Construction Kit was released publicly. Of course I haven't worked with NoLimits for a couple of years now.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Incredible work :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

For all who want the Construction Kit: **file outdated by now**

#10 -Saam-

-Saam-

-

• 192 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Nice coaster, Ruben! Intamin Suspended Coasters are beautiful in NoLimits for some reason- I love them!

#11 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

When did you last work on Eruptor? These pictures are the same ones from the dead thread at NLE. lol

I like it though, I hope it gets finished.

#12 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

^Last work: 2 weeks ago. I have paused the project for now, my Sketchup skills are not good enough yet. I decided to firstly do a new project, with easy theming, and after that going back to Eruptor.

#13 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Nice! So wait, the link you posted will allow the import of your tracks to GoogleSU, but does that mean you need the full version of Google SU to then export them as 3D's? I'm just curious because I've spent days making things on SketchUp and realized after I finished making them that I need the full version.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#14 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

^ Here's how I do it: I use the free sketchup to build everything, and once its done, I open it in a Sketchup PRO demo, and export it. Might be not how it should be, but works for now.

#15 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

^Hmmm, I think I'll have to look into that. I really wish I could make 3D's and hopefully this will allow me to.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#16 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Where do you put the construction kit file? I know, I'm no good at this kind of stuff....

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#17 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

^ Just somewhere you want it. When you open it, you can select a track from your tracks folder, and use it!

#18 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Well, as a side project to learn some sketchup: I present Superman: Danger Ahead.

This coaster is made after a template I found on themepark.nl, as the location where Movie Park Germany will build a 45 meter tall coaster in 2014.

My coaster still uses the old building that are in that location, it has a topspeed of 98 km/h, a double launch, tophat, I-305 alike turn, 0-G hill and brake hill.

I builded this coaster using Newton2. Only problem with that program is that tophats are practically impossible to make. Therefore, my tophat is slightly misshapen...

The ride has 2 stations and a pre-ride, riding through some scenery. (not made yet). Because the train stops at the launch, in the pre-ride, final brake and 2 stations I am able to run 5 trains, without having to wait long. (approx 20 seconds before the actual ride, but with scenery around you, and 10 sec at the final brake). Because of the many trains, the ride has a capacity of 2880 persons/hour! :D

Since I updated already twice on other forums (sorry, forgot about this one...) you will see 2 versions of the tophat-supports. In each pic, I will tell if these are the correct ones or not.

Most important, the pictures!
Posted Image
Layout

Posted Image
Layout, with the location in movie park in the background.

Posted Image
Height view

Posted Image
Overview, with old tophat supports

Posted Image
First launch, still with old tophat supports

Posted Image
The turn between 2 launches

Posted Image
Second launch, tophat with old supports

Posted Image
I305 - alike turn

Posted Image
Overbank and 0-G airhill

Posted Image
Again the 0-G airhill, with old tophat supports

Posted Image
Turn, it goes over the mainstreet, explaining why some supports are strange.

Posted Image
Brake hill pulling -1 G, and the second station.

Posted Image
New tophat supports (Sorry for the 'statistics off' message, wanted to do everything a little too quick...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The train texture

Posted Image

Posted Image
The train number is train-specific, so each train has another number

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment!

#19 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

I really like the layout and concept of this coaster, and I think it will be a great coaster for Movie Park Germany! And for some reason, I really like the supports for the top hat. :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#20 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Seems like it could be a nice fit for that park. It's a very short but also very intense track that you've made there!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: no limits, rnb, simulator