coasterguy55 launch maxwell58 measure tape

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

I don't know if this is in the correct spot, sorry if it is, this is a challenge between me and SCM and we want to see who can build SheiKra the best. No body else may join (sorry), we are looking for 3 judges, it can be anyone.

The first 3 commenters saying I want to judge, (or something along the lines of that) will be the judges. Our two coasters will have Construction threads and the 3 judges may comment (or anyone else that wants to) there. At the end there will be scoring. Here is the way the points will be divided.

20 for Holding Brake
50 for overall design, resembling the real layout.
10 for station design
10 for Catwalks and other accessories
10 Brake Run and water-splash.

Judges will do the judging on the last update of the Construction Thread

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#2 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I will judge.

One change, I want to the final judging to start when both of you have your models entered into the Ride Database. Judges will leave their final comments and scores in this thread.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#3 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

No dive cars = no dive machine. :P

#4 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

^why are you so concerned about the dive cars. Shouldn't you be more focused on the coaster it's self?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I will judge.

One change, I want to the final judging to start when both of you have your models entered into the Ride Database. Judges will leave their final comments and scores in this thread.

Sorry for the double post. But thats a great idea! I like it better than mine

#6 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

No dive cars = no dive machine. :P

I think the dive cars are a bad idea (no offense RideOnKl) because they would kill a lot of speed, and would just look awkward. They look amazing in real life, but not in K'nex. Also, remember how Sheikra is a floorless dive coaster. (from what I've heard)

cg987, since this is a contest, and no offense or anything, don't try to help me with the coaster in my thread, it would just seem weird. You can look at it, but just don't post anything helpful in ANY way. It's like helping the other team win the game. (don't know what else to compare it to)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#7 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'll judge, since I ride this ride like every week, and I live close by it too. I actually saw the ride today at Adventure Island!

#8 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

I think the dive cars are a bad idea (no offense RideOnKl) because they would kill a lot of speed, and would just look awkward. They look amazing in real life, but not in K'nex. Also, remember how Sheikra is a floorless dive coaster. (from what I've heard)

cg987, since this is a contest, and no offense or anything, don't try to help me with the coaster in my thread, it would just seem weird. You can look at it, but just don't post anything helpful in ANY way. It's like helping the other team win the game. (don't know what else to compare it to)

Yah, I was planning on that.

I'll judge, since I ride this ride like every week, and I live close by it too. I actually saw the ride today at Adventure Island!

Ugh, lucky I live 4 hours away. Ok we've got two judges! One more spot left.

#9 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

i want to judge :D

#10 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

I would've been a judge but I build with VV.

#11 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Well we have our 3 judges
Pkiknex25
IOAgeek
Dragon

Good luck SCM...

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Well we have our 3 judges
Pkiknex25
IOAgeek
Dragon

Good luck SCM...

And good luck cg987! :) You're going to need it, lots of it. Judges, have fun... judging I guess!

Edit:

Lucky! I wish I could ride it. I've never been to that park. I also really want to ride Cheetah Hunt, haha. I've got it even worse than cg987. I live like 8 hours way, maybe more. So that's 8 hours of sitting bored in the car.

Question: Do we have to call the judges "your honor"?

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

And good luck cg987! :) You're going to need it, lots of it. Judges, have fun... judging I guess!

Edit:

Lucky! I wish I could ride it. I've never been to that park. I also really want to ride Cheetah Hunt, haha. I've got it even worse than cg987. I live like 8 hours way, maybe more. So that's 8 hours of sitting bored in the car.

Question: Do we have to call the judges "your honor"?

So you live in Georgia/Alabama?
And, no that's silly.
Also I was in the car for 15 hours straight driving from Oklahoma City to Atlanta, Georgia.

#14 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

So you live in Georgia/Alabama?
And, no that's silly.
Also I was in the car for 15 hours straight driving from Oklahoma City to Atlanta, Georgia.

Awww, I wanted to call them that. Can I do it anyway? :)

I live in North Carolina, and South Carolina must have a very compact road system, it takes forever to get out of that state.It's like 1/3 of the entire trip. In Georgia, we're out of that state in about an hour.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#15 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

I live about 35 minutes from Busch Gardens Tampa! Chettah Hunt is good, but I believe Maverick is much better and faster. It actually has good inversions too. Anyone know what year Sheikra was built, and how tall it is off the top of their head without looking it up. I know the year all the roller coasters where built at BGT! I'm probably the closest SSC member and judge that lives to Sheikra!

#16 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I live about 35 minutes from Busch Gardens Tampa! Chattah Hunt is good, but I bet Maverick is much better and faster. It actually has good inversions too. Anyone know what year Sheikra was built, and how tall it is off the top of their head without looking it up. I know the year all the roller coasters where built at BGT! I'm probably the closest SSC member and judge that lives to Sheikra!

I don't know what year it was made in, but I DO know what the height is: 200ft

Edit: cg987:

Posted Image

^It won't let me upload screenshots.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#17 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

I don't know what year it was made in, but I DO know what the height is 200 ft.

Good job so far, but does anyone now what year Sheikra was built, off the top of there head without looking it up? How many trains does the real ride run too, and how many people sit in each row with three on a train?

#18 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm guessing ten in a row. And maybe 2000 2002? And 3 trains.

#19 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

2005 and 5 trains. 3 rows of 8 per train. Covered its construction like white on rice.

#20 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Good job so far, but does anyone now what year Sheikra was built, off the top of there head without looking it up? How many trains does the real ride run too, and how many people sit in each row with three on a train?

I cannot believe you don't know that! Lol. The best part is I have 6 SS (with cars) so I can do the train amount. Don't they run 3 on a regular basis? The most I've ever seen is 4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coasterguy55, launch, maxwell58, measure, tape