marching band music

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

It looks like the turn dips down too quickly right in the middle, but you said you're not finished with the shaping so I assume you'll fix that. I recommend bracing the turn from the outside. You can brace it from the inside, but only if you take it to the ground. It won't do anything otherwise. I like it a lot though, you kept speed very well through the loop.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#42 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

also im thinking about adding another leg to the back side of the loop there is a lot of shake when the train goes through it. it is amazing how adding one car made it work so much better

#43 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hmm, I see that you've kept your speed well trough the loop, but I have a distinct feeling that the 180* turn is going to be the biggest speed killer... Have you looked at any other support techniques for turns? Because diagonals sticking out from the turn supports would definitely be a must. Here is a good picture *LINK*

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#44 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

yes i will be adding some diagonal supports to the turn

#45 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hmm.... when I look at photos of the real thing, that turn should be very close to horizontal. It should only descend maybe a blue rod. Just saying, since you're trying to recreate it.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#46 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

your right thanks for pointing that out off to fix it

#47 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

the loop shakes a little. but it also looks great.

#48 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Your motor is being killed by that long train. I'd add another motor if you have it. I am liking forward to seeing the loop that approaches.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#49 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

i have two motors on it right now and it does not appear to be having too much trouble lifting it. i do have two more i could use but without linking all the motors to the same power source i dont know if i really want to add more.

well i decided to move my motor pack to the top of the lift and it made a big difference. i think most of the surging was from all the slack in the chain and the chain bouncing.

also i have the second loop shaped up and the train makes it through both loops. i still have alot to do though the whole thing shakes too much

Posted Image

#50 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Looking pretty good except for the shaking. You may be able to make the second loop bigger once that is sorted out. I'm also thinking the 180 degree corner is further away from all the loops but I think that might just be the scale you're working on.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#51 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I agree with CW5X Try to make that turn as strong as you can. because you are losing alot of speed there!

#52 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

so do you think it would be more stable if i were to ditch the tubes and box out the 180* turn?

my other though is to keep the tubes but make the spokes inside the turn and tie them to the drop support

#53 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Keep the tubes if you want. They look pretty good but add diagonal ones to the inside so the straight ones don't flop. The real coaster has a similar sort of thing: Google Image Result for http://www.joyrides.com/sfmm/photos/viper1.jpg so it would suit the recreation anyway.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#54 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

i defiantly like the tubes and they did turn out good. i will add the inner diagonals. also i will be adding another leg to the first loop. the front side of the loop does not move so i think i will just add it to the back side of the loop. also looking at that last pic you posted i need to move my second loop in a ways

i need to make the track drop down after the turn before the loop when i do that i will be able to make the loop higher. from the looks of it i think i need to add about 2 more flexies worth of track before the loops, and drop down about one green rod

#55 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I defiantly like the tubes!

Wow man you are really serious about this ;)

I hope you can complete this recreation though I'm worried about the scale and getting enough speed to complete the entire circuit. I wish you luck!

#56 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm worried about the batwing. All I can say is good luck on the recreation.

#57 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

yea i think that will be the kicker for this whole thing we will see.

#58 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

looks good but to make it more sturdy i would use box supports like you said for the turn so you can get more speed for the loop and also it would help the speed of the whole roller coaster

#59 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

we will see i want to try the diagonal supports first and see how that goes. also i will be re tracking the entire coaster. i have some full length rippin rocket track coming and it will allow me to have a longer run of continuous tubing. or i might just add it on to where i am at since the tubing is continuous all the way to the bottom of the second loop.

what do you think i should do. keep the ss track and just add in the rr track or should i replace it all with the rr track?

#60 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think one color looks best.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marching band, music