marching band music

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Very cool tube supports you got their.Good luck on the other 6 inversions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

i will be reworking the lift hill because the angle is way off. i just used the lift i already had built.

i will work on the bottom of the drop. should i move the loop closer to the bottom of the drop of just make the pullout shallower?

I don't think there's too much wrong with the positioning of the loop in relation to the lift hill. I think it's just a case of making the pullout a consistent curve instead of having a flat bit along the ground. Then I reckon it will be fine. If not, it's not too hard to move the loop at this stage.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#23 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Very cool tube supports you got their.Good luck on the other 6 inversions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

i will be reworking the lift hill because the angle is way off. i just used the lift i already had built.

i will work on the bottom of the drop. should i move the loop closer to the bottom of the drop of just make the pullout shallower?

I don't think there's too much wrong with the positioning of the loop in relation to the lift hill. I think it's just a case of making the pullout a consistent curve instead of having a flat bit along the ground. Then I reckon it will be fine. If not, it's not too hard to move the loop at this stage.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#25 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

well i am still away on business so no progress but here is a sketch of what im thinking about doing to fix the flat spot at the bottom of the drop what do you think of it?

Posted Image

#26 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Fix that flat spot like you mentioned, then fix that loop. It's way too tight which will result in speed loss. For the rest, kinda like the first part of the drop :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

how bout this for the drop,loop, lift hill mods?

Posted Image

#28 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

^ Oh yeah. That looks just like it!

I was wondering about that straight spot, too. I know Steel Phantom had one. Does Viper have one? If so, you might be better off just smoothing it out.
Since we're all working with such a small scale, straight spots like that have a much bigger, negative impact on speed.

I'm glad you're able to spot and fix your own problems.
That's a sign of a good builder, and it'll result in a great model.

#29 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think you've just about hit the nail on the head there. The line looks very close to real thing I would say. If you can build to that line I think you're well on your way to a very good recreation.

Tyndrum

#30 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

i actually traced a pic of the loop in my cad program and the placed it in the pic of my coaster. i should be able to build to it since i can visualize where the loop needs to start and end. also from looking at the pic a couple more times the start of the loop is right on the angle is right and everything so i jet need to adjust the exit position and shape of the actual loop.

3 more weeks till i can start work on it again

#31 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

hi guys sorry for the long hiatus but this coaster is not dead. life got in the way and i was not able to work on it.

well i finaly got a chance to work on it a bit. i rebuilt the lift hill, although im not entirely happy with it but it works. i really need to put the motors at the top of the hill and not at the bottom. the train goes up fine but it is a bit jerky.

also i redid the first loop and fixed the flat spot at the bottom of the drop.

so how does it look? and yes the train makes it all the way through the first loop and i still have a lot of energy after the loop.

next up the banked turn into the second loop

Posted Image

#32 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

That looks good, Dude. The loop looks great! Glad to hear it makes it.

#33 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

just curious has any one used royal purple Maxfilm spray lube on there cars?

here is a video of my progress

Posted Image

#34 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Your lift support tower is bending. Try and fix that, it'll help your coaster, and also, the drop pullout could be smoothed more, right now it's a bit sharp, and you'll be able to make the loop even taller than it is. Speaking of the loop, how tall is it compared to the drop?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#35 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

If you're going for accuracy, you'll need to make that pullout bigger so it looks more like Viper, which has a pretty big pullout, judging from off-ride videos and pictures.
I like how you're recreating this.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#36 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

the top of the lift is 48" the top of the loop at the track rail is 37". also i just noticed my drop moves when the train goes over it. i think i might build some tubes to support the drop some more and see if i can get that shake worked out.

i will work of the pull out.

#37 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

well i smoothed out the bottom of the drop and was able to make the loop one inch taller. i also added another middle car and i bet if i wanted i could make the loop even taller but i like the way it looks and how the train goes through the loop so im leaving it as is. next up the banked turn into the next loop

Posted Image

#38 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

That right there is perfect. Don't change anything. I'm concerned that you won't have enough speed for the whole ride though. It's pretty long.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#39 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

yea, i know the next two loops should be good but im not sure on the bat wing. we will see though.

i have taken the train to the top of the loop and ran it backwards and it makes it about 2/3rds the way up the drop so i should have a fair amount of energy. and the new longer train goes through the loop carrying a good amount of speed. i will post another video later after i get the turn done

#40 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

well the curve after the first loop is about done i still have a lot of shaping to do and i need to make one of my tubes a bit taller but what do you think so far?

should i brace the turn from the inside like spokes on a bike wheel or should i brace from the outside?

here is a video of it so far

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
i need to make the gray rod tube taller i did not see that dip where that one attaches
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marching band, music