a vv apacolypse eurofighter

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here is my new coaster, A VV Eurofighter. My next element might be a batwing. Anyways, here is what I have!
Also, I am using Bballers spine for this ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment Please!

#2 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

this looks very nice good job! I have nothing to complain about. and I see that you moved your building spot:D

#3 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

WOAH. It looks really good! The drop is really smooth. You should probably make that chain lift tighter, so that the train doesn't get stuck on the lift.

#4 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Very nice Eurofighter design! Gotta admit, when I saw the thread name, I thought it was a recreation of Apocalypse in six flags!

#5 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

don't make a batwing loop as the first element since they're not to high irl make it the third or second element to get a longer layout

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#6 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

this looks very nice good job! I have nothing to complain about. and I see that you moved your building spot:D

Thanks!

WOAH. It looks really good! The drop is really smooth. You should probably make that chain lift tighter, so that the train doesn't get stuck on the lift.

Thanks! I didn't make the chain too tight so the car can go up the lift snoothly, and it does!

Very nice Eurofighter design! Gotta admit, when I saw the thread name, I thought it was a recreation of Apocalypse in six flags!

Thanks! It would be impossisble to make that ride out of VV!

don't make a batwing loop as the first element since they're not to high irl make it the third or second element to get a longer layout

Yah...... I wont make a batwing, I just made a dive loop. Ill show it to you right now!

Well, update time, got the dive loop, here it is!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test Vid!

Comment Please! :D

#7 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

You should make that a lot taller. The overall shaping is good, and I like the supports, but it should be close to twice the height it is now.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#8 Sorunome

Sorunome

Programmer

• 436 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Looking good so far, hopefully you will finish this time your project >.<

logo_v1_small.png 36691.png

#9 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

As good as this looks, I personally don't like the look of a batwing on a eurofighter. At least make something else first. A batwing is usually a not-so-tall element. But your shaping is very nice;)

#10 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Apart from the batwing being too small and a bit uneven, I'd say everything else is good.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#11 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

You should make that a lot taller. The overall shaping is good, and I like the supports, but it should be close to twice the height it is now.

Thanks! I dont want it to be taller because I want it to be a high speed dive loop. I made it a tiny bit taller but that is it.

Looking good so far, hopefully you will finish this time your project >.<

Thanks!

As good as this looks, I personally don't like the look of a batwing on a eurofighter. At least make something else first. A batwing is usually a not-so-tall element. But your shaping is very nice;)

I wont make a batwing, and yah, I know they are too small. The first inversion I made was a dive loop. Anyways, Thanks!

Apart from the batwing being too small and a bit uneven, I'd say everything else is good.

It is not a start of a batwing, it is a dive loop. Anyways, Thanks!

Here is a new element to my ride. I guess an inverted top hat. Well, here it is!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment Please!

#12 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think you may want to try a different backbone. It's extremely hard to explain why. with that backbone, you can't really change your shaping all that much, and you have more track-twisting possibilities if you used your drop spine. I like your inverted top hat though!

#13 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

This is a fantastic layout, I did not expect an inverted tophat at all!

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#14 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think you may want to try a different backbone. It's extremely hard to explain why. with that backbone, you can't really change your shaping all that much, and you have more track-twisting possibilities if you used your drop spine. I like your inverted top hat though!

Thanks! Actually, the funny thing is it is easier to make twisting track with that spine. Also, the spine looks more like a spine you will see on a gerstauler eurofighter.

This is a fantastic layout, I did not expect an inverted tophat at all!

Thanks!

Well, I got most of the MCBR done, here its is!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment Please!

#15 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

With the backbone you use, you can only achieve a certain amount of curve with that spine. There is a limit to how far it will bend the track, unlike your drop spine. And also, that spine will bend your connectors, which then over time, will reduce the connectors ability to snap onto rods and stay there. I just trying to prevent you from having to throw out parts ruined from that spine. But I do like the look of this coaster so far :)

#16 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

With the backbone you use, you can only achieve a certain amount of curve with that spine. There is a limit to how far it will bend the track, unlike your drop spine. And also, that spine will bend your connectors, which then over time, will reduce the connectors ability to snap onto rods and stay there. I just trying to prevent you from having to throw out parts ruined from that spine. But I do like the look of this coaster so far :)

Thanks!

Update time, I got the drop out of the MCBR, here is what it looks like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment!

#17 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

make a batwing right now

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#18 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

It looks like your drop has a sharp/straight spot in it and needs to be at a lower angle. Other than that, I must say nice job on this so far. :)
Edit: I really don't think you'll have the speed for a batwing. How fast does the train go through there?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#19 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

If you want perfect shaping with this spine, i suggest you use only one specific rod. I see in one picture, near the end of the MCBR drop you used a red rod instead of a gray rod for curving your track. Change it to a grey rod and you'll have a nice drop ;)

#20 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

If you want perfect shaping with this spine, i suggest you use only one specific rod. I see in one picture, near the end of the MCBR drop you used a red rod instead of a gray rod for curving your track. Change it to a grey rod and you'll have a nice drop ;)

Remember we said to stop talking about the spine, also, that red rod is used too not make it straight or sharp, you actually are supposed to put the red rod there. Anyways, I changed the spine on that drop to Bballers spine. Just stop talking about the spine already though. Its not helping.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: a vv, apacolypse, eurofighter