43 replies to this topic

#1 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys,

I used to be a member here, but things didn't go so well as I was 12 at the time and built horrendous coasters with absolutely no organization or smoothness, and I wouldn't take criticism. So here I am now, 18 years old and about to go to college, and I wanna build one decent coaster (at least) before I leave for school. It's going to be a looper of some sort, though I'm not really basing it off of anything. Here's what I've done so far. Some of the things still aren't color coordinated, as I used prebuilt pieces from years ago. I will go back and coordinate them, though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My plan so far is to have a slight predrop into dive loop, then I'm not sure where to go from there. I'll figure it out at some point...

Edited by Teej, 08 July 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#2 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well you have a great start can`t wait to see how your building is ,so far I like what I see. ;)

#3 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Well, the crest looks like it can use some tweaking. The start is a bit sharp, while the end should be sharper.
I'll need to see some more track before I can say anything about your building style though. Doesn't look newbish atleast ;)

#4 knex-man

knex-man

Dutch Details employee

• 573 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Keep in mind that you need space to return the chain. Looks good though!

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

*blushes* He's color coding! However, there's a straight spot just at the top of the crest.

I see your train in the back. It seems you have 4+ SS, that also makes me happy :D

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#6 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

I tweaked the crest basically right after I uploaded the pics. I'm at Applebee's currently, but I'll add pics when I get home. Also, I added a bit after the crest.

#7 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm not sure if I'm doing this element correctly... I'm trying to make a diveloop style element, but I'm having trouble with shaping. I've started out the first half or so, and I think I need to tweak the half loop part a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I see the flat spot before it goes vertical and I'm going to fix that as soon as I post this.

#8 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

It looks pretty good from these pictures, the only flaw that I can see is the flat spot that you pointed out. Can you give us an overview? So whe can see how high it is compared to the lift.

#9 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I worked a little bit on the heartline roll, and I started the shaping for my half loop. I think it looks pretty good, but it's a bit under supported. I just wanna know if you guys think the shaping is good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPqpOHYtcuk&feature=youtu.be

#10 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Deleted since computer posted twice

Edited by Teej, 09 July 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#11 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Sorry for the double (well, triple...) post, but I just finished the half loop. How does it look?

Posted Image

#12 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

The only thing I see wrong is your structure isn't very strong about 1 gray rod up. Seventy thing else looks amazing!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#13 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

The only thing I see wrong is your structure isn't very strong about 1 gray rod up. Seventy thing else looks amazing!

That's what I was thinking too, but that part is actually rock solid somehow. I guess since it's only a one rod length where it's that thin. Dunno. But regardless, the track doesn't shake at all. :D

#14 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Looking good that's one heck of a smooth pullout!

#15 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Wow, really nice coaster! Welcome to the site and hope to see more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#16 Kumba2013

Kumba2013

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

The shaping looks good and the pullout of the half loop is great! Just wondering how many pieces do you have? Finally, I really want to see what you have planned for the rest of the layout keep up the good work!

You were probably expecting a better signature

Favorite coasters
1.Cheetah Hunt
2. Wildfire
3. Kumba
4. Raging Bull
5. Sheikra
Kumba2013 Supports *Equality*: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hlVBg7_08n0

#17 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Wow, really nice coaster! Welcome to the site and hope to see more!

I'd love to build more, but with vacations and school coming up, I'm hoping to at least finish this one! We'll see what happens. ;)

The shaping looks good and the pullout of the half loop is great! Just wondering how many pieces do you have? Finally, I really want to see what you have planned for the rest of the layout keep up the good work!

I've got about 5 or 6 SS, two RR, a Storm Mountain, the surfer one (don't remember the name...), and a bunch of other things like the ball factory. Pieces shouldn't be an issue. :D

I've started work on a loop. I'm not sure that I like the shaping, but it goes through it with decent speed. At the bottom you can see I was messing with trains, but having four unweighted makes the loop, and I threw batteries in my four painted ones to see what happened. I'll figure out the train deal later on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

The loop does have a few sharp spots on entry but the one I was drawn to most was the one at the very top of the loop. Apart from these though, this is looking pretty nice.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#19 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I've done quite a bit of work, but haven't gotten around to posting anything here. I finished the loop and added a dive loop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ignore the last few inches of the track, as they aren't connected to anything yet. My plan is to make a helix type thing into a brake run that goes through the loop, then do stuff after that. Not sure what'll come after, or if I'll even do the helix that way. We'll see. :D

#20 hi452

hi452

That's all folks!

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Without taking out my magnifying glass I don't see any terrible spots on the track. Looks nice!

Posted Image
The sun always shines, somewhere.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roller coaster, screamin serpent, teej