Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

The shaping on that looks great!

Posted Image

#22 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

The element after the loop is the reverse of a dive loop called an immelman. Random Fact!

Anyways, the shaping looks very smooth. I like that pullout on the immelman, very twisty. Keep up the good work.

Posted Image

#23 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Sad thing is I knew that was an immelman. Don't know why I wrote dive loop hahaha. I lurked around here from 07-08 so I know quite a bit. :D

#24 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

So far your shaping is looking very smooth. My only suggestion is to try to make the supports closer to the actual track. The closer the track is to the frame, the more connection points you can make which can help solidify the track and keep it from swaying. And as everyone knows on this site, the less the track moves, the more speed you save!

#25 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

So far your shaping is looking very smooth. My only suggestion is to try to make the supports closer to the actual track. The closer the track is to the frame, the more connection points you can make which can help solidify the track and keep it from swaying. And as everyone knows on this site, the less the track moves, the more speed you save!

I assume you're mostly referring to the top of the immelman?

#26 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sorry for double post but I continued the turn a little bit. I stretched it a bit and made it drop lower since it was pulling out to sharply before, but the photos were hiding it a bit. I feel like I've got it now. :D

The turn:
Posted Image

The Immelman and turn:
Posted Image

Cool shots:
Posted Image
(I've since fixed the bump in this one)
Posted Image

Overview so far:
Posted Image

Building will be slowing down as I'm about to go on vacation, and won't be back until August 18th. Hopefully I'll get some building in before I leave on August 2nd, though. :D

#27 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

I see a straight spot after the loop before the immelman. the turn looks very good I don't see any big or noticable bumps!

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#28 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm thoroughly impressed so far. For an older member, your style of building is great! The track flows beautifully and the shaping is superb.

Posted Image

#29 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I see a straight spot after the loop before the immelman. the turn looks very good I don't see any big or noticable bumps!

Do you mean the pullout of the loop into the pull in of the immelman? I'm almost certain it isn't straight and is the angle, but I'll check it again.

I'm thoroughly impressed so far. For an older member, your style of building is great! The track flows beautifully and the shaping is superb.

Thanks! Last time I built I was 12 or so and refused to take advice or anything, so I wouldn't consider myself an older member, even though I lurked here for a year and a half or so. I tried unrealistic things like recreating Fahrenheit and Hydra with each having a 6 1/2 foot lift and the first element be 3 feet tall or so. Nothing was ever smooth, either. I try to forget those days. My old username was fireskull24 (not sure if you remember me). My last coaster before this one is this (which somehow got TONS of views...): Custom K'nex Coaster | Speed Demon (with POV) | READ DESCRIPTION - YouTube

Regardless, I'm taking my time on this one, so I'm glad everyone likes it. :D

#30 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I meant to upload this picture before I left, and I now have time to do so. As I was leaving my house I noticed that the turn may be a little sharp based on an angle at which I was viewing it. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

I feel that it may be a bit sharp at the very bottom, but maybe I'm just crazy. I also smoothed out other spots and I'll take pictures when I get home on the 18th. Also, Witting, I checked the part before the immelman and after the loop. You can see in this picture that it certainly isn't straight. :D

#31 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

I think it looks good, sometimes support columns being in the way can give the illusion that there's a straight or sharp spot. I remember your old username, nice to see you back!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#32 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Do you remember any of my horrible builds? :P

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

I wouldn't call them horrible, but yeah I do. :D You've improved leaps and bounds for sure though.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wouldn't call them horrible, but yeah I do. :D You've improved leaps and bounds for sure though.

Just realized I didn't quote the last post. :P

Also, yeah, they were horrible. It's odd how I've improved leaps and bounds and haven't even built since then. All I did was think, "hey, I wonder what's going on at SSC," looked, and decided to build. I guess I'm just more of a perfectionist now.

#35 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Sorry for the double post...

Construction on this coaster will be at a stand still for a while. I've done some building since my last update, but it was mostly just reshaping the curve so I would like it, and I made the curve go up a bit higher. Nothing really worth updating. I've since moved the coaster into my basement, as my mom was tired of it being in the living room. It's in three pieces, but it should be easy to reconstruct, so no worries there. I'm leaving for college in a few days, so construction won't resume unless I'm home for more than a few days. Maybe over Thanksgiving break a bit, but it should be completed over Christmas break. Just keeping you guys posted on what's going on. If I build in the next few days, I'll update the thread.

#36 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I can wait as long as it's not cancelled. This thing is looking pretty sweet. By the way I think I remember seeing Speed Demon quite a few years ago. I didn't comment on it and I'm not sure if I'd even joined YouTube at that point. The video and layout though seem very familiar to me.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#37 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

I can wait as long as it's not cancelled. This thing is looking pretty sweet. By the way I think I remember seeing Speed Demon quite a few years ago. I didn't comment on it and I'm not sure if I'd even joined YouTube at that point. The video and layout though seem very familiar to me.

My family and I still laugh about that video. My Google Adsense account has around 75 bucks in it from the 65k views. Leads me to another point: how the hell did it get that many views? It's such a dumb video. Can't complain about it really, except I can't take the money out of my account until the balance is >$100.

#38 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Decided I'd give a little update. Nothing really has happened since I left for school. I got to go home last weekend and takes some pictures of the coaster as it currently sits. I'm itching to build so much but school work is more important and my coaster is an hour and forty minutes away. Regardless, my winter break begins December 19th, and I hope to finish it over that break. At the very least, I'm going home next weekend and Thanksgiving weekend, and maybe I'll at least get to put this back together, and maybe add some more track. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Sup guys. Just wanted you to know I'm not dead and I'm still gonna be building this thing. Pretty much had no time over winter break to build and now I'm past spring break so this thing don't be started again til June I'd say. All I've done to this thing since taking the above pics is getting it all in one piece. So yeah. Just a quick update for anyone who cares.

#40 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

The coaster is fantastic! It is a shame you can only build one coaster before going to collage. I would have loved to see more coasters from you. Keep building like this and i think you could get a TM. I only wish i could be as good as this build. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roller coaster, screamin serpent, teej