Silly things the GP say

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

My best friends and I once went to SFNO. While riding Mega Zeph, the train stopped on the lift for about 2 minutes, then started up again and everything went like normal.
It wasn't until the ride was over and we had walked all the way down to the photo booth that my buddy asks one of the photo-op people, "Hey, why did the ride break down?"

#22 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Not really the GP, but my friend who speaks fluent German went on Verbolten with me, and the whole queue he was pointing out grammatical errors on the signs and posters.

While in line for Apollo's Chariot: Teenage Kid: "I wanna build a roller coaster that goes like this!" (Proceeds to wave arm frantically.)
Let me stress this once again, TEENAGER.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#23 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

My friend was ranting on about a coaser called Tremors at a park in Idaho. I showed him some of my pics from SFMM and he kept saying hove it was way better, had a verticle drop, and went 85mph.

I looked it up on the rcdb, its a tiny woodie...

#24 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Completely agree with the "the" thing. I've even heard employees say it at KI.

I was walking up to Diamondback, and I heard a woman looking at the park map say "I don't want to go on the Diamondback, it has loops and spirally thingies. Instead, lets hit the Vortex."

Edited by -=Zach=-, 12 April 2014 - 09:41 AM.
Grammar correction.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#25 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Completely agree with the "the" thing. I've even heard employees say it at KI.

I was walking up to Diamondback, and I heard a woman looking at the park map say "I don't want to go on the Diamondback, it has loops and spirally thingies. Instead, lets hit the Vortex."

Seriously the workers say the "the" thing at KI! I hate that! >:( That 's my pet peeve too...

I was in line for Manta at seaworld San Diego, where we could see the whole ride, (it gets really boring) and some australian people in front of me go, "I wonder how many times this goes upside-down."

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#26 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Last time I went to CP I rode Gatekeeper and I heard a woman say "This is so similar to Top Thrill Dragster!"

Spoiler

#27 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

I am sure that I have heard the word "the" in front of the name of at least 90% of roller coasters I've been on, and what makes it even more annoying is how they all go on and on about it like they know everything when they are 100% wrong. You can't add the in front of a name, only an object!

#28 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

It also bothers me when people call every inversion loop. My friends call also a zero-rool or a cobbra roll a loop (huh)(thumbsdown)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#29 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

GP is funny, especially kids. I love their comments. When I worked at the Super Mouse I'd get a lot of kids being super enthusiastic about it while their parents leave the coach completely disoriented.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

I can remember waiting in line for wooden coasters and hearing kids say, "I hope it doesn't go upside down."
Nowadays that concern is a little more justified.

I was in line for Batman SFOT once and overheard a kid telling his friends, "My brother says that last year, this ride broke down and started going over 100mph and they couldn't get it to stop." So according to this kid, when B&M inverts break down, they grow a set of LIMs.

#31 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

^ That is probably the best thing I have ever read on this thread. XD
I was in line for The Beast, and this group of 10 year old kids was in front of us. I heard one of them say "When this ride first opened, it had a loop like Son of Beast did. One day the carts fell off the track at the top of the loop, landed back on the track, and then got stuck because it went two slow over the hills. The ride people found the carts and had to take all of the people out, and closed it for the next month."

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#32 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

^facepalm!

I always find myself correcting my friends who call a loop a loop de loop, I even had to correct my science teacher once. He was explaining kenetic energy (nothing I didnt already know) by drawing a rollercoaster, after a few minutes I was in front of the class teaching and drawing a sweet layout.

When we went to SFMM my dad called everything that wasnt a loop a pretzel...

#33 ThisIsGabe

ThisIsGabe

Electrical Engineer

• 177 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Where do I even begin....
I think my most common question asked (at the entrance to Maverick) was if it was a water ride. I would usually respond with "only if something goes very wrong".

I had a 96 year old lady with a guest assistance pass come on Maverick once - she was super nice, and I was told something along the lines of "she dosen't have long, so we're getting her through her bucket list" by her daughter as she left. That old lady became my new idol. I hope that when I get that old I can still find someone to take me on the newest, craziest coasters!

The most annoying question I would get asked is "Is this Millennium Force?" Keep in mind, while they're asking this, I had a giant sign that said MAVERICK directly above me -> http://www.lifthill....k/maverick2.jpg

I photobombed so many guest's photos...probably one of the best parts of working entrance! xD

Cedar Point Ride Ops
2013 - Maverick
2014 - Cedar Downs and Cadillac Cars Supervisor

I'm building a thing! http://www.sscoaster...m-launch-16194/

#34 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

One of the funniest things I heard was on Mamba at worlds of fun. This lady who was in line behind me was saying that it is 100000ft tall. She also said it went 560mph. So I kindly corrected her saying" actually the ride is 205ft tall and goes75 mph". She then responds no those are just the bunny hills.'facepalm' then I kinda accidentally went in to a smart-butt mode and said so considering you are about an 8th of the height of the small hills, you are 70ft tall. No response. Also I was behind a really nice kid on Outlaw run at SDC, we chatted a bit about outlaw run. I had my themeparkreview shirt on and he was talking about how he is a enthusiast and wanted to join the group too. He then goes on a funny rant saying that outlaw run is 300ft tall when it's biggest drop is 162 and how it goes 100 mph when it gos 68. But it was funny so I didn't correct him.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#35 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

When I was in line for Millennium Force, the ride broke down for about 30 mins. We were to the point in line where the path starts to raise up, and the guy in front of me seemed a bit scared to ride. He asked one of his friends, "Hey, do you know how tall this thing is?" I then told him, "310 ft with a max angle of 80* sir." He looked at me, shocked. He then said, "Do you know how fast it goes?" I replied, "93 mph." He just stood there, looking at me like I had four eyes. Then he asked, "How much do you know about rides and theme parks? Everything here? Because that would take a genius!" I then laughed, and told him a bit about what I know. After the ride started operating again and the queues started moving, he said to his friend, " This guy's the next Einstein, I'm ridin' with him!"

Edited by -=Zach=-, 22 April 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

#36 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

I've always wondered what my mind could do if it weren't crammed with coaster facts and music lyrics...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#37 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

One of the funniest things I heard was on Mamba at worlds of fun. This lady who was in line behind me was saying that it is 100000ft tall. She also said it went 560mph. So I kindly corrected her saying" actually the ride is 205ft tall and goes75 mph". She then responds no those are just the bunny hills.'facepalm' then I kinda accidentally went in to a smart-butt mode and said so considering you are about an 8th of the height of the small hills, you are 70ft tall. No response. Also I was behind a really nice kid on Outlaw run at SDC, we chatted a bit about outlaw run. I had my themeparkreview shirt on and he was talking about how he is a enthusiast and wanted to join the group too. He then goes on a funny rant saying that outlaw run is 300ft tall when it's biggest drop is 162 and how it goes 100 mph when it gos 68. But it was funny so I didn't correct him.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#38 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

When I was in line for Millennium Force, the ride broke down for about 30 mins. We were to the point in line where the path starts to raise up, and the guy in front of me seemed a bit scared to ride. He asked one of his friends, "Hey, do you know how tall this thing is?" I then told him, "310 ft with a max angle of 80* sir." He looked at me, shocked. He then said, "Do you know how fast it goes?" I replied, "93 mph." He just stood there, looking at me like I had four eyes. Then he asked, "How much do you know about rides and theme parks? Everything here? Because that would take a genius!" I then laughed, and told him a bit about what I know. After the ride started operating again and the queues started moving, he said to his friend, " This guy's the next Einstein, I'm ridin' with him!"

Edited by -=Zach=-, 22 April 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

#39 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

I've always wondered what my mind could do if it weren't crammed with coaster facts and music lyrics...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#40 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Amen^

So I was at Kings Dominion the other day when I saw this:

Posted Image

Wait...

Posted Image

So apparently Kings Dominion has a coaster that is over a kilometer tall. How did we not know about this???

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11