Skyrush and Comet

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

THAT... IS... HUGE... Awesome! First SkyRush Recreation is going to be a success!!! (thumbsup)(thumbsup)(thumbsup)

It has been done before by Old Hag. Just not on this scale. But you weren't on here around that time and I wasn't really active either. But yes, this is awesome I agree.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#42 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

^What I did already has nothing on this.

#43 mitch

mitch

i hate hybrid coasters

• 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

this is incredible. if it's just tube supports right now, how will you get it to connect to the slim track.

Edited by mitch, 31 August 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#44 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

It has been done before by Old Hag. Just not on this scale. But you weren't on here around that time and I wasn't really active either. But yes, this is awesome I agree.

Oh, Whoops. Anyways... It's still Awesome!

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#45 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

I want everyone to know that I will begin building again very soon and I'll be very happy to finish this. I have a lot of money to spend on k'nex, so if I run out of pieces I will be able to buy more. I hope I might even be able to keep it set up outside for weeks at a time which will speed construction. Another thing I have to mention is that my VV volcano will probably be put on hold until next winter. I rather use the spring and summer to build larger outdoor coasters, so no worries.

#46 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Awesome very glad that your still working on this project.

K`nex always for life ;)

#47 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

All of Skyrush was outside stored outside in the backyard for the entire winter and I was finally able to take it in. I tried to take the sections in before it started snowing in december but I couldn't so they were stuck outside buried in snow for 3 months. I originally put the pieces outside because I needed to clear out the rooms for family visiting in November. Here is the last part of it I ever worked on which was the station in the beginning of October.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

Looking pretty good. You planning on making automated gates, etc? Can't wait to see how you do the lift hill :)

#49 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Judging from the photos in this update and the previous update, this is going to be a huge coaster. I like how you built the backbone of the lifthill with yellow colored pieces, which make it look like real. The station would not be complete without the characteristic church tower. ;)

Posted Image

#50 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Looking pretty good. You planning on making automated gates, etc? Can't wait to see how you do the lift hill :)

I'm not sure about any of the lift hill/station automation yet, I will see what I can do though. Thanks.

Judging from the photos in this update and the previous update, this is going to be a huge coaster. I like how you built the backbone of the lifthill with yellow colored pieces, which make it look like real. The station would not be complete without the characteristic church tower.

This will be huge and if I can't fit it in the backyard I will take it to a park, thanks.

Update

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Station Frame

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

'...And then we have a Stengel Dive, low turn, a Buckel, an airhill, brakes and then just a small turn leading into the final brake run...'

So if this is that small turn after the first brake run, how big will the other elements on this coaster be? I admire you for doing a Skyrush recreation at this scale. This is insane. :D

Posted Image

#52 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Wow this thing is growing everyday haha Looks massive and very smooth. I also like how your making it an exact replica of the real thing with that mini brake run into the station.
r un

K`nex always for life ;)

#53 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

This is the only part of Skyrush I don't like. I realize it is accurate, but it just looks sloppy and unprofessional overall. If you want to stick with realism, I don't mind, but if I were you, I'd probably make the first brake run inclined a bit more, lower it overall, and then make a regular (somewhat inclined) turn into the second brake run and station.

Edit: Actually, you may want to lower the turn a granite or two anyways, Skyrush's last dip between brake runs isn't that steep.
Reference 1
Reference 2
Reference 3 (Probably the best angle)

Edited by IonZer0, 27 March 2014 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#54 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

'...And then we have a Stengel Dive, low turn, a Buckel, an airhill, brakes and then just a small turn leading into the final brake run...'

So if this is that small turn after the first brake run, how big will the other elements on this coaster be? I admire you for doing a Skyrush recreation at this scale. This is insane.

I know it is pretty crazy. It will be really incredible if I can fit all of the parts inside the house. I probably won't be able to fit it in the backyard all set up too, thanks.

Wow this thing is growing everyday haha Looks massive and very smooth. I also like how your making it an exact replica of the real thing with that mini brake run into the station.
r un

Thanks

This is the only part of Skyrush I don't like. I realize it is accurate, but it just looks sloppy and unprofessional overall. If you want to stick with realism, I don't mind, but if I were you, I'd probably make the first brake run inclined a bit more, lower it overall, and then make a regular (somewhat inclined) turn into the second brake run and station.

Edit: Actually, you may want to lower the turn a granite or two anyways, Skyrush's last dip between brake runs isn't that steep.
Reference 1
Reference 2
Reference 3 (Probably the best angle)

I'll see what the brake run looks like when I'm done building everything else, I thought it was alright but if I'm off I'll look at some pictures again. The dip between the brake runs isn't the wrong angle if you look at this picture. Thanks

Posted Image

Station roof almost done, stairs and queue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by N C c o a s t e r, 05 April 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#55 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Looks amazing, I still can't believe how huge this ride is.
Can't wait to see more! :D

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#56 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Looks amazing, I still can't believe how huge this ride is.
Can't wait to see more! :D

Somewhere with in everyone's post the size of this is always mentioned, I love it. Thanks.

Here are some of the cat walks

Posted Image

For Spring break which is only 6 days, 2 days of school, then 2 more days off, I might be able to get a lot of work done. My original Spring break cut into because of extra snow days that had to be used, now I have to go to school on a Thursday and Friday. I will only be able to get a lot of stuff done if the landscapers don't start coming because I will have to bring the stuff in, or if the ground is muddy from rain and I can't build outside anyway. If I do get a lot done, I hope to finish this by halfway through May. Spring break is still next week though not this one, but I hope your all ready for an amazing set up.

#57 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Come on guys, give him more than one comment!
The catwalks look great, as does the rest of the ride. Hopefully you can get a lot more building done over break! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#58 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

I commend your ability to recreate this on such a large scale. It really does look fantastic so far. This is going to be one epic model that will be talked about for a very long time.

#59 sh340141

sh340141

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Wow! That thing will look amazing! The catwalks look superb too!

#60 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Wow, that's the largest crest I've ever seen. That's like...insane. The station area looks amazing and so clean. Are those yellow rods on the track on the pull-in of the lift? It looks like it but I can't really tell. One thing is certain, though: I know now what my favorite catwalks look like. :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master