Skyrush and Comet

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yep, the last support seems a tad tall. Maybe lowering it a granite/green rod will do the trick.

The supports looks super duper sturdy. I love this so far and im glad you fixed the lift!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#22 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Huge improvement on the lift! The supports for the drop look awesome.

Posted Image

#23 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Looks interesting, but your drop seems to pull up too soon on the last two supports. Should be lowered by a bit. This really is a huge recreation and I hope you have enough parts for it! Also, have you been able to get your lift to work? I would focus on that, because from what I saw, the forces of the train and cable can really affect the lift hill's strength.

I was planning on shortening those last two supports. As you can see they aren't layered yet. I may need to buy more snowflakes and granites to finish this. I haven't got started on the cable lift yet, I can see what you mean about the pressure of it on the lift, I will be thinking about that. I'm probably getting a lego NXT to operate the drill for the cable lift when I finally get it. The coasters completion date will probably be late September - late October. Thanks for the advice!

That is one hell of a backbone! Looks very good so far! And you might want to listen to LaMbChOpZ about the lift hill. Keep up the great work!

Edit: Wait I just realized that the first support is slanted a little bit. Is it supposed to be like?

Yes, the first support is supposed to be tilted.

That's an amazing structure.

It really is incredible and strong, thanks!

Yep, the last support seems a tad tall. Maybe lowering it a granite/green rod will do the trick.

The supports looks super duper sturdy. I love this so far and im glad you fixed the lift!

I will lower the last support. The lift does look much better, thanks!

Huge improvement on the lift! The supports for the drop look awesome.

Well, those are the real supports and I think it looks awesome as well, thanks!

#24 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

This is going to be a huge coaster when it's finished! Good luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#25 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

[quote name='N C c o a s t e r']
I put the diagonals in the backbone and it worked very well, all the sag is gone. I didn't want to do that originally bacause I thought it wouldn't look like the real thing as much (ruin the yellow look). From far away you can't even see the diagonals and knowing that it is stronger makes it look better, thanks!
QUOTE]

You could use the orange rods from the original coaster and they would be barely noticeable

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#26 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Wow this recreation is huge faints my jaw dropped when I saw the first pick I was expected like a regular height of like 5 feet or so ahh I think the pulling to the lift should be a little bit longer, since the size of the lift is huge, do you think youll have enough pieces for this, and make the train like seven or eight cars too btw!

#27 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm guessing about 8 feet tall?

#28 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

I forgot to ask a question about your backbone: will you be using that for the majority of the ride, or just the support-less sections (lift hills, the stengle dive)? That backbone looks incredibly strong but not very flexible. If you use it throughout the whole ride, be sure to have enough pieces and be sure to use extremely strong and sturdy supports. Regular tubes may not suffice.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#29 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

This is going to be a huge coaster when it's finished! Good luck.

I know, but I even have bigger plans for the future.

You could use the orange rods from the original coaster and they would be barely noticeable

It doesn't matter as much to me anymore, but thanks for the info.

Wow this recreation is huge faints my jaw dropped when I saw the first pick I was expected like a regular height of like 5 feet or so ahh I think the pulling to the lift should be a little bit longer, since the size of the lift is huge, do you think youll have enough pieces for this, and make the train like seven or eight cars too btw!

I think I will make the pull in to the lift longer because it does look a little weird. I think I do have enough pieces to finish this without having to buy more. I definitely have enough cars to make 2 8-car trains

I'm guessing about 8 feet tall?

I don't know the exact height but I did measure it and just estimated, I do know it's around 11 feet tall though.

I forgot to ask a question about your backbone: will you be using that for the majority of the ride, or just the support-less sections (lift hills, the stengle dive)? That backbone looks incredibly strong but not very flexible. If you use it throughout the whole ride, be sure to have enough pieces and be sure to use extremely strong and sturdy supports. Regular tubes may not suffice.

Actually the backbone is more flexible and not as strong as you think. I am trying to use the backbone throughout as much of the ride as I can. There will be more strength when I put the part with the x ties on. I think I do have enough pieces, and I think regular tubes will be strong enough as long as I have many connections to the base. Thanks for the help.

Update

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments!

#30 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Damn. The first thing that popped in my mind was "That is beautiful." The second thing was "wait... that's slim track."

#31 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

I put it on Gump's thread and I think something like this warrants it again:
http://i1073.photobu...of-god-meme.jpg

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#32 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

That is beautiful! The shaping and supporting look flawless. I hope you have enough pieces to maintain this certain style throughout the entire ride.

Posted Image

#33 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

OMG! this looks amazing! can't wait to see more!

#34 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Completely freaking beautiful!!!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#35 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

This is so elegant looking...very nice!!! :D

#36 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

That backbone a great idea for keeping the track shape on such a large ride. Awesome, I can't wait to see how this progresses.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#37 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I completely agree with everything everyone has said so far. The supports look sturdy and the backbone looks incredible. I just hope speed won't be an issue (I had to sort of hope it would make it when building Leviathan), but with the large lift I don't think it will be a problem. Just weight your cars A TON.

Posted Image

#38 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

That's big. And looks impressive! Hope you don't run out of pieces or speed!

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#39 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

That's some spectacular shaping. Looks very accurate. That's going to look amazing with some track.

#40 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

THAT... IS... HUGE... Awesome! First SkyRush Recreation is going to be a success!!! (thumbsup)(thumbsup)(thumbsup)