ball machine ball tower

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Last Saturday, my family and a friend finally got around to using the free tickets I got with Savage to Dorney Park. We got there around 11 o'clock, when the park opened. The weather was perfect, 70º and sunny.

We first rode Talon twice, once in the front row and once in the middle. I think Talon might be my favorite invert (it changes between Talon and Raptor). After that we headed to Hydra, which we also rode twice, both in the back. It's much rougher than I remember it being, but that might very well have been the difference between the front and the back. Either way still an enjoyable ride.

We then walked to Possessed, which was my first impulse coaster back when it was Voodoo in 2008. I rode back row. Again a lot rougher than I remember, especially the pullin going up the back tower. Next up was Stinger, which is right by Possessed. I had never ridden a Vekoma inverted boomerang before this, and from what I had heard I didn't expect a smooth ride. I was actually pleasantly surprised though, because other than a spot or two on the cobra roll it was very fluid. The station music was funny too, which is always good. :D

Afterwords, we headed to Steel Force. This is quite the ride, and has retained its smoothness exceptionally well. It glides over the hills on the way out, and throws you up and down on the way back. A thoroughly fun ride for sure. Then came Thunderhawk, which is near Steel Force. I remembered this ride being very painful, and I was pleasantly surprised as I was with Stinger. It gave some nice airtime, and instead of being overly rough it was pleasantly so, just enough to add to the wooden coaster vibe.

By this point it was probably 1 o'clock, and before lunch we wanted to find Savage. We had no idea where it was, and after asking a few employees one thought it might be in Planet Snoopy. We looked around there for about 45 minutes and finally found it in I think the Customer Care/Lost Child office. Not sure why it would be there, but we were glad to find it. The track had been really messed up in lots of places, the chain was broken and hanging off, and one of the tubes was completely detached and lying on the table. :P The guy at the desk was very nice and let me fix it up to the best of my abilities, but to fully fix it I would have been there for hours, and we didn't want to spend the day doing that.

Afterwords, we had lunch at Coaster's Drive-In. Throughout the rest of the day, we rode Wild Mouse, Demon Drop, Meteor, Hang Time twice, Talon 2 more times, Hydra 2 more times, Steel Force 1 more time, and Stinger 1 more time. We left at about 6 o'clock as the ghouls were coming out for the haunt, for which my brother was very relieved. :D A great day for sure.

Picture time:

Entrance
Posted Image

Talon
Posted Image

Stinger
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Asylum, a haunt attraction
Posted Image

Steel Force
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thunderhawk
Posted Image

Posted Image

Savage in its sorry state
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hydra
Posted Image

Looking up!
Posted Image

More Hydra
Posted Image

Meteor
Posted Image

Sunset
Posted Image

Closed water ride
Posted Image

Even more Hydra
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bye Dorney!
Posted Image

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#2 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks like you had fun! Dorney seems like a nice park. Savage was pretty mangled haha. Rimpac and Mythos were both mangled when they were put together too. Really cool to see Savage in the park I bet!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#3 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for posting this trip report. Dorney has a really nice collection of roller coasters, looks like you had a great time.

Posted Image

#4 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Looks like you had fun! Dorney seems like a nice park. Savage was pretty mangled haha. Rimpac and Mythos were both mangled when they were put together too. Really cool to see Savage in the park I bet!

Dorney is indeed a nice park. Mythos was in pretty good condition when I saw it aside from the prelift section, but I'm sure having box supports helped with that. Probably wasn't the best idea on my part to use the skinny tubes for a coaster that I knew would be transported by other people. :P Definitely good to see that it survived at least decently well though. Thanks for the comment!

Thanks for posting this trip report. Dorney has a really nice collection of roller coasters, looks like you had a great time.

Any time, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Dorney is an enjoyable park for sure.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

#5 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

I too went to dorney about halfway through september and sadly had to deal with the monsters for about 4 whole hours before my parents came and picked us up. The station musics are pretty weird for some reason, they tell you how to get into the train and everything to be safe in a song and to a certain beat. On stingers second lift I also heard them play halloween and friday the 13th music which was shocking and kind of stupid. Even more crazy than that, steel forces theme song is harlem shake and it doesn't change, who thought of that. Good thing you had a great time and it wasn't sabotaged by the scary monsters.

#6 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Dorney is indeed a nice park. Mythos was in pretty good condition when I saw it aside from the prelift section, but I'm sure having box supports helped with that. Probably wasn't the best idea on my part to use the skinny tubes for a coaster that I knew would be transported by other people. :P Definitely good to see that it survived at least decently well though. Thanks for the comment!

It survived better than CCreator's VV coaster last year! That thing was mangled because kids kept trying to touch it, and the fence/things around it fell in it a few times haha.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#7 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

Send me the full-res pic of this I want to use it as my desktop background

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#8 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I too went to dorney about halfway through september and sadly had to deal with the monsters for about 4 whole hours before my parents came and picked us up. The station musics are pretty weird for some reason, they tell you how to get into the train and everything to be safe in a song and to a certain beat. On stingers second lift I also heard them play halloween and friday the 13th music which was shocking and kind of stupid. Even more crazy than that, steel forces theme song is harlem shake and it doesn't change, who thought of that. Good thing you had a great time and it wasn't sabotaged by the scary monsters.

Yeah, I noticed Harlem Shake playing in Steel Force's station too, kind of weird. Thanks for the comment!

It survived better than CCreator's VV coaster last year! That thing was mangled because kids kept trying to touch it, and the fence/things around it fell in it a few times haha.

I remember seeing that, it was pretty beat up. At Dorney there isn't even a fence around it, so I'm sure kids have been messing with it all season haha.

Send me the full-res pic of this I want to use it as my desktop background

Sent, I'm glad you like it! :)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#9 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Knexrule11 View Post
I remember seeing that, it was pretty beat up. At Dorney there isn't even a fence around it, so I'm sure kids have been messing with it all season haha.

ugh don't remind me... I don't like thinking about all the broken pieces and screwed up track sections that they sent back

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ball machine, ball tower