mad mad mouse micro mouse samissoawsome

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

Wow! This has got to be one of my favourite vv coaster ever! Very nice shaping!

#22 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Looks incredible, and the speed is amazing. Looks very realistic!

#23 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

That looks very, very good, and the speed is brilliant, but I think that the first drop after the turns is a bit too steep for a wild mouse, but I may be wrong.

#24 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

That looks really good. MORE PICTURES! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#25 intim305

intim305

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Wow that's an amazing way to ise the vv track,wow...

#26 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

That looks fantastic. Some supports are on an angle though, you might want to fix that. Other than that, we discovered another advantage of VV: building Wild Mouse coasters.

Posted Image

#27 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Wow, this is really one of the best things I've seen with VV.
A wild mouse with VV is really awesome, and your transfer track makes it even better.

Which set gave you so many curved pieces? Or did you just bought many of them.
EDIT: lol, I forgot about your first post :P

Thanks!

That is amazing! This might possibly be one of the best VV ever built! Such a simple layout, yet so aesthetically pleasing.

I think it looks pretty cool. Thanks!

This looks great. This is a case where I think being slim track benefits the aesthetic appeal.

I always thought a VV Mad Mouse would be cool looking and it definitely is!

Wow! This has got to be one of my favourite vv coaster ever! Very nice shaping!

Thanks a lot!

Looks incredible, and the speed is amazing. Looks very realistic!

Thanks!

That looks very, very good, and the speed is brilliant, but I think that the first drop after the turns is a bit too steep for a wild mouse, but I may be wrong.

You're right it is too steep... The problem is that because VV track comes in strict lengths I had to chose either a really steep drop or a not steep drop that doesn't drop very far down. I went with option one. :) Thanks though!

That looks really good. MORE PICTURES! :D

Thanks I'm working on it!

Wow that's an amazing way to ise the vv track,wow...

Thanks!

That looks fantastic. Some supports are on an angle though, you might want to fix that. Other than that, we discovered another advantage of VV: building Wild Mouse coasters.

ya I know I should... The problem is that there aren't any angled supports supporting the vertical supports so it's really hard to make all the tubes straight...

Ok so I finished.

I didn't know if Alpal and Josh Monster were going to tell SSC this but they haven't yet, so I am! This coaster and their Raptor Recreation are going to being at the Grand Rapids Public Museum as part of a Maker Faire they are doing with Maker Magazine. It's basically an event where people from the community display projects they've done, so we are showing our K'nex coasters. It should be fun and I'll post pictures from it. Here is a test video/final video of this coaster. I'm not going to make a well edited final video for this coaster as I really don't have the time or energy so this might end up being the final video I haven't fully decided yet. This video shows all 8 cars going through the whole circuit which is the amount the real coaster runs so I'm very happy that I got all eight cars to make it through the circuit. I'll post pictures in the next few days so keep posted and please comment.

ONE MORE THING!
Technically this coaster fits all the requirements for the "Hypers O' Plenty" competition for Summer Heat except the fact that it's not a hyper coaster... Can I enter it? The drop requirements really the biggest question mark as it technically has a 4 grey rod tall drop but that includes the turny bits on top. Technically it's downhill the entire time but it's not a drop as people usually vision one. Can I have an official Staff Member judge on this one?

Edited by SamIsSoAwsome, 28 August 2014 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#28 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Looks lovely as always! I really didn't notice how large this thing was until I saw that it was as tall and as wide as your couch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#29 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Looks nice. I can see you in the mirror! :P Looks like I might actually have some competition. (I'm the only one who has entered.)

#30 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Very well done, a solid build. As much as I dislike this ride in real life, I love your model. :P

Posted Image

#31 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Very nice job, I wish I could see it in real life. Good luck at Makerfaire!!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#32 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

That is pretty nice looking! I love the whole car loading thing you designed.

#33 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well, Sam you've certainly lived up to your name with this creation! Very realistic, well shaped and one of the striking aspects of it to me, is that's it's very 'clean' as such. This comes as a result of the regularity, the base and the shaping of your elements and supports. It doesn't seem like a custom build. Speed loss clearly isn't much of an issue too, which is always a good thing!

My only complaint is that I would've liked to see more of it in the video :)

#34 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Looks lovely as always! I really didn't notice how large this thing was until I saw that it was as tall and as wide as your couch.

Ya it turned out a lot bigger than I anticipated. A lot more pieces too.

Looks nice. I can see you in the mirror! :P Looks like I might actually have some competition. (I'm the only one who has entered.)

Thanks! Ya I know I realized that after I posted the video. :)

Very well done, a solid build. As much as I dislike this ride in real life, I love your model. :P

Thanks man, I think it's fun... Never worth the wait but it's fun.

Very nice job, I wish I could see it in real life. Good luck at Makerfaire!!

Thanks. It was fun!

That is pretty nice looking! I love the whole car loading thing you designed.

It's pretty low-tech automation but it works well. Thanks!

Well, Sam you've certainly lived up to your name with this creation! Very realistic, well shaped and one of the striking aspects of it to me, is that's it's very 'clean' as such. This comes as a result of the regularity, the base and the shaping of your elements and supports. It doesn't seem like a custom build. Speed loss clearly isn't much of an issue too, which is always a good thing!

My only complaint is that I would've liked to see more of it in the video :)

Thanks!

Ok so Maker Faire's done and Mad Mouse is in pieces. It was a fun weekend, I met a lot of cool people and made a lot of 8-year-old fans so it was a great time! I ran Mad Mouse for a total of 15 hours using like 16 AA batteries. It takes about 40 seconds for a circuit so doing the math this coaster ran about 600 times and only rolled back twice. After the second time I took that car off the track and ran 7 cars and It worked flawlessly. Here is a link to the Database.

Mad Mouse Recreation (Michigan's Adventure) - SSCoasters Rides Database

Also here's a picture of all the pieces that went into Mad Mouse
Posted Image

Edited by SamIsSoAwsome, 02 September 2014 - 07:22 PM.

Posted Image

#35 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

Wow, a lot of pieces made up that ride.

Outstanding build to say at the very least. Your rides are some of my favorite on the site, and are very inspiring. This is probably the best mouse-style coaster built on this site; out of both standard and micro. I really can't wait to see what you build next!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mad, mad mouse, micro, mouse, samissoawsome