• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hello all,

I am back with a new coaster, called Titan. It is a B&M Giga inspired by Leviathan and Fury 325. Due to college, I will only be able to build on it in the weekend. Sorting the pieces of Helmerpark took a while, so that is why I have not been able to build for such a long time.

I did not have time to clean the room and to take more pictures, I am sorry for that. I initially wanted to build this coaster with boxes, but after I finished the lift I made the change to tube-supports. That explains the box-supported lift structure laying on the floor in the background.

Hopefully I can finish the drop next weekend. I did not measure the height of the lifthill yet, but it must be around seven feet or taller.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D

Posted Image

#2 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Oh my helmut. This is gonna be great.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#3 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Holy crap... This is looking great, so tall...

#4 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

Titan! Let's go beyond Koloss! ;)

#5 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

Amazing! You can do it!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#6 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Why dont you come over to the dark side and try boxes at least once, you know you want to :P

Seriously. I am very excited for this. Really looking forward to seeing what crazy elements you can design :).

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#7 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Oh my god... You're back...
Looks magnificent so far, you never fail to impress.

Is this all going to fit in your grandparent's attic? :o

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#8 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

O_O Speechless

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

Here we go again. It's always exciting when you start building.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

:o Dang, that is impressive! Can't wait to see where this goes!

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#11 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Well, this is another amazing project from you, well done so far.

Posted Image

#12 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

You already have me wanting more, I can't wait to see what you produce. Why do you have to be so good? :P

#13 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

well it looks like im the only one that doesnt 100% like this so far the crest seems a little small for a coaster this size imo

#14 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

^ It looks comparable to Leviathan and Fury 325 to me.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#15 Jay 314

Jay 314

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

The lift looks amazing! It looks very realistic! Also you should go for a unique layout.

#16 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Personal opinion (here goes nothing) the supports feel way too wide, it looks a little odd. Try making the supports at a higher angle. (Please don't bombard me with endless hate)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#17 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

One update and 15 comments. It a seems there is bias for when to comment.

Otherwise, it looks great. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more.

In pieces logo thing

#18 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

One update and 15 comments. It a seems there is bias for when to comment.

It all comes down to reputation. If you've done good projects before, people will want to see you build more, and encourage you to do so.

I can't wait to see how this will look once completed!

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#19 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

It all comes down to reputation. If you've done good projects before, people will want to see you build more, and encourage you to do so.

Understandable.

In pieces logo thing

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

[quote name='TimmehTheAmazing']Oh my helmut. This is gonna be great.[/QUOTE]

I hope you will be right. ;)

[quote name='Gvus2001']Holy crap... This is looking great, so tall...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it is very tall indeed!

[quote name='Muzz135']Titan! Let's go beyond Koloss! ;)[/QUOTE]

Koloss was a B&M Mega whereas Titan will be a B&M Giga, but it are both huge tube-supported hypers, so I understand the comparison. I will do my very best to make this ride as good as possible. Making it as good as Koloss - maybe even better - would be a very nice goal. Jochem definitely set the bar high with Koloss, so it will be tough, that is for sure.

[quote name='Spaghetti']Amazing! You can do it![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Coastergeek987']Why dont you come over to the dark side and try boxes at least once, you know you want to :P

Seriously. I am very excited for this. Really looking forward to seeing what crazy elements you can design :).[/QUOTE]

Haha, 'the dark side'! Lightning Racer was with boxes - because it was a woodie - but my last coaster with real box-supports was Monster, which was in 2012. So initially I wanted to build this coaster with boxes, but I changed to tubes pretty soon. To be honest, I do not regret that decision, because the lifthill looked a lot better with tubes than with boxes.

[quote name='TheZachMan28']Oh my god... You're back...
Looks magnificent so far, you never fail to impress.

Is this all going to fit in your grandparent's attic? :o[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will make it fit, I hope. :D

[quote name='Koozie']O_O Speechless[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='CW5X']Here we go again. It's always exciting when you start building.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Coasterman345']:o Dang, that is impressive! Can't wait to see where this goes![/QUOTE]

Hint: The lay-out will mainly be inspired by Leviathan.

[quote name='MrRemcoStyle']Well, this is another amazing project from you, well done so far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Connector1o1']You already have me wanting more, I can't wait to see what you produce. Why do you have to be so good? :P[/QUOTE]

My secret is: have fun while building. ;)

[quote name='cartracer56']well it looks like im the only one that doesnt 100% like this so far the crest seems a little small for a coaster this size imo[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pkiknex25']^ It looks comparable to Leviathan and Fury 325 to me.[/QUOTE]

I agree with PKI, but thanks for pointing it out nevertheless.

[quote name='Jay 314']The lift looks amazing! It looks very realistic! Also you should go for a unique layout.[/QUOTE]

I will make the lay-out as nice as possible. Thanks!

[quote name='SFDK800']Personal opinion (here goes nothing) the supports feel way too wide, it looks a little odd. Try making the supports at a higher angle. (Please don't bombard me with endless hate)[/QUOTE]

First of all, you may criticize my builds as much as needed. If you see any room for improvement, please tell me, and do not be afraid to criticize.
I took another look at reference pictures, but the supports on Leviathan's lifthill are very wide as well, so I think mine are good.

[quote name='Gromit12']One update and 15 comments. It a seems there is bias for when to comment.

Otherwise, it looks great. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IonZer0']It all comes down to reputation. If you've done good projects before, people will want to see you build more, and encourage you to do so.

I can't wait to see how this will look once completed![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gromit12']Understandable.[/QUOTE]

Ionzero could be right. Thanks for all these comments!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished the drop this weekend. The construction took longer than I thought, because it was hard to shape the drop at this scale. I also moved the lifthill into the right position on the attic.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
A pretty cool picture of the supports underneath the lifthill
Posted Image
A nice photo of the drop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Finally I built a lifthill that is taller than me. I am approximately 6.3 feet (190 cm) and I estimate that this lifthill is 7 feet (210 cm) tall.
Posted Image

:P

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titan helmut