titan helmut

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Yeah the picture was fine, wanted to see the backbone for the drop but I saw it in the other pictures. Thanks though!
The overbank looks amazing! Is it sturdy enough for the train going through it? It looks like it would. Have you thought of putting tubes in-between the other supports in-case it isn't? Words cannot describe how much I love this coaster, it is just keep on growing!

#42 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Wow looks so smooth test video please lol!! I think the pullout of the drop looks a little to late just saying. I thought it would've been more longer and stretch out like millinieums or leviathans drops.

#43 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yes I totally agree, ^ but its a little late now. Everything else looks great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#44 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

I am almost certain that I will never be able to build as well as what I see here. I am shocked that you made this so smooth, and so perfectly shaped. Very, very, nice job! (thumbsup)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#45 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

I love how it will come over the pullout. I cannot wait to see a pov of this!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#46 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

I love your banking on that first element; it reminds me of Goliath at Magic Mountain. Aside from that, you may want to add some diagonals on your pullout supports.

#47 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

I like it! Shaping is great, maybe some more banking, but it isn't really necesasary, the overall look is great! I'm sure you'll get a nice layout out of this!

Edit: Will you have enough pieces for this?

I hope I will have enough pieces for this. I think I will have to use metallic green rods for tubes later on.

The new lift hill spine looks great and definitely keeps the lift much straighter. Although your original layout was fantastic, I'm sure this new combination of elements will be just as great. The overbank looks fantastic. I have zero complaints about its shaping. I will say I'm very excited to see the next element built.

Thanks! The new lay-out is a lot more based on high-speed elements than the previous lay-out. The new-built element in this update clearly shows that.

Yeah the picture was fine, wanted to see the backbone for the drop but I saw it in the other pictures. Thanks though!
The overbank looks amazing! Is it sturdy enough for the train going through it? It looks like it would. Have you thought of putting tubes in-between the other supports in-case it isn't? Words cannot describe how much I love this coaster, it is just keep on growing!

I think the overbank is sturdy enough. There is a testvideo in this update, so you can judge the sturdiness yourself. ;)

Wow looks so smooth test video please lol!! I think the pullout of the drop looks a little to late just saying. I thought it would've been more longer and stretch out like millinieums or leviathans drops.

Thanks! I think the pull-out is fine the way it is.

Yes I totally agree, ^ but its a little late now. Everything else looks great!

Thanks!

I am almost certain that I will never be able to build as well as what I see here. I am shocked that you made this so smooth, and so perfectly shaped. Very, very, nice job! (thumbsup)

Do not forget that I have been building K'NEX rollercoasters on SSCoasters since 2010. Please check out some of my older construction threads. You will see that my building also improved over the years. If you have fun building K'NEX rollercoasters, you will also be able to build on this level. Thanks dude!

I love how it will come over the pullout. I cannot wait to see a pov of this!

Well, I have a POV camera, so there will definitely be an onride video in the final video. :D

I love your banking on that first element; it reminds me of Goliath at Magic Mountain. Aside from that, you may want to add some diagonals on your pullout supports.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. At this moment I do not think I need any diagonals, but I will add them if necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I built a high-speed turn which has the entrace going underneath the lift. This element is mainly inspired by the high-speed-turns on Fury 325.

Some of the tube-supports of the lifthill are bending a little on the pictures. It happened when I was building the high-speed-turn. It has already been fixed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testvideo! I had to take off weights because the train went way too fast through the turn. The train has not been lubed for months, so once it is lubed, there is a chance that I have to take off even more weights. Yeah, I do not really have any speed issues with a 7 foot lifthill so far. :P

:)

Posted Image

#48 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Wow, it doesn't shake at all and has a great shaping and layout = PERFECT!!! I guess a big hill is next.
Is it easier to make the transitions on a big coaster than on a small one?

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#49 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Looks great dude ya defiantly lube those trains they seem a but loud in the video, and get the lift working too please. Maybe a little bit more banking on the high speed turn I think but it looks really smooth even with gray rods. Do u want to make those diagonals on the turn stronger with the blue 3ds like on the lift instead on the half moons they seem to be weaker and bend more easily too.

#50 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

Dang. I don't really see anything wrong. I would imagine that you can get a pretty nice layout out of this huge lift, even with two high-speed elements in the beginning. I would love to see some hills and a stengel possibly.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#51 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Shaping is incredible and the element choice is awesome. Your trains sound almost as great as mine.

Posted Image

#52 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

^They sound similar to mine too, they haven't been lubed in over a year :P

I really like the shaping on that turn. I am excited to see what's next!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#53 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Yeah that seems to be sturdy enough. I think everyone else said what I would say soo... ME LOIKYYY!

#54 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

My jaw has fallen off.... This is just amazing! Can't wait for more!

#55 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

Wow. Fantastic. Perfect. This is definitely going to be your best build if you keep it up! Although, I'm just a tad skeptical on how the high speed turn will affect the lay out. Seems like it may be a total speed killer. Please deceive me Helmer. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#56 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Looks amazing, I like how high speed and twisty it is so far. I hope next up is a nice big hill or something tall.

#57 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

^I agree. Something just to slow it down before bringing back the intensity again. Everything so far, as usual, is beautiful. I couldn't see any shaking in the video at all.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#58 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Wow, it doesn't shake at all and has a great shaping and layout = PERFECT!!! I guess a big hill is next.
Is it easier to make the transitions on a big coaster than on a small one?

Thanks! Yes, the transitions are more gradual - and thus smoother - on a large coaster.

Looks great dude ya defiantly lube those trains they seem a but loud in the video, and get the lift working too please. Maybe a little bit more banking on the high speed turn I think but it looks really smooth even with gray rods. Do u want to make those diagonals on the turn stronger with the blue 3ds like on the lift instead on the half moons they seem to be weaker and bend more easily too.

I think the half-moons provide sufficient strength. I will soon lube the trains for a second time. So far I could not find the motivation to get the lift working, but I will make the lift work as soon as possible.

Dang. I don't really see anything wrong. I would imagine that you can get a pretty nice layout out of this huge lift, even with two high-speed elements in the beginning. I would love to see some hills and a stengel possibly.

Hills: check. Stengel: check, sort of.

Shaping is incredible and the element choice is awesome. Your trains sound almost as great as mine.

Great, because your trains are the best.

^They sound similar to mine too, they haven't been lubed in over a year :P

I really like the shaping on that turn. I am excited to see what's next!

Thanks! Well, you will be very surprised to see what is next.

Yeah that seems to be sturdy enough. I think everyone else said what I would say soo... ME LOIKYYY!

Thank you!

My jaw has fallen off.... This is just amazing! Can't wait for more!

Thanks a lot!

Wow. Fantastic. Perfect. This is definitely going to be your best build if you keep it up! Although, I'm just a tad skeptical on how the high speed turn will affect the lay out. Seems like it may be a total speed killer. Please deceive me Helmer. ;)

You were right about that high-speed turn...

Looks amazing, I like how high speed and twisty it is so far. I hope next up is a nice big hill or something tall.

I built a big hill, but the order of elements changed a little.

^I agree. Something just to slow it down before bringing back the intensity again. Everything so far, as usual, is beautiful. I couldn't see any shaking in the video at all.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot has happened since the last update. After the high-speed turn I built a low high-speed airhill and the first half of a Shambhala helix. However, the two high-speed elements took so much of the speed that the train did not clear the Shambhala helix. I changed the Shambhala helix into a turnaround that did not cost as much speed, but the train did not clear the turnaround either. Then I took out the high-speed airhill, which resulted in the train clearing the turnaround.

However, I did not like the new lay-out. I decided to re-design the lay-out. This was harder than it sounds, because I wanted to re-use as many of the elements as possible. In the end I designed a lay-out in which I could re-use all of my elements except for the high-speed airhill.

The first turn will now be followed by a camelback. The turnaround I built will now be placed after the camelback. The turnaround will be followed by the high-speed turn - which was initially placed after the first turn. The position of the high-speed turn on the photos roughly indicates the final position of the high-speed turn.

This update was mainly to tell you about the new lay-out plans and to show some pictures of the camelback. Next update will be about the turnaround and the high-speed turn, including a testvideo. I was in a hurry, so unfortunately I did not have the time to take more and better pictures.

The train clears both the camelback and the turnaround with a nice pace.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#59 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Looks pretty damn amazing, I can't spot any flaws.

#60 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Pretty dang amazing. I like this choice of order of elements better than what you had previously. I love the base you have. Will it go into the high speed turn now?

EDIT: I missed the part where you said it would..

Edited by Mister Piglette, 18 January 2015 - 02:06 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titan helmut