• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 frosb013

frosb013

92% of teens have moved o

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hay guys this is my new coaster avalanche that is my first real coaster that i have made with SS and it uses one set if there is any improvements i can make please let me know there will be a video coming soon please comment. the coaster is a hybrid with an inverted with a vertical lifthill.
photos

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
video will be in the next update
also what do you guys do in the way of making trees and useing for snow/tunnels as id really like to know and i have looked around the forum and haven't found much.
any questions welcome and if you want to know how i made my inverted seats let me know as i will gladly make a tut for you guys

#2 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

Looks good! Keep going!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#3 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

If you are planning on entering the Winter Contest, there are certain space constraints and rules that you must follow, here is the link to the rules.

Winter Contest 2014-2015

You would have to adjust your coaster to fit within the rules.

As for trees and snow, check out this construction thread, it is a great example.

Spiral Lift Coaster

Hope I helped. :D

Posted Image

#4 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

If you are planning on entering the Winter Contest, there are certain space constraints and rules that you must follow, here is the link to the rules.

Winter Contest 2014-2015

You would have to adjust your coaster to fit within the rules.

As for trees and snow, check out this construction thread, it is a great example.

Spiral Lift Coaster

Hope I helped. :D

hay josh i have read the rules and this coaster does as a matter of fact fit those space requirements yet the crossover sections between the 2 areas i have used because my lift hill sticks out over the requirements but i hope the admins allow that as there will be an extension on that area.

#5 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't allow it. Everything fits so far (except for that little triangle next to the lift you've built) and you don't need to use all the space if you don't want to if this is the coaster you want to build. You haven't used the other area at all so if the lift hill sticks out from the bridge then you have a whole 4x4 space left to use. It should be fine.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#6 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't allow it. Everything fits so far (except for that little triangle next to the lift you've built) and you don't need to use all the space if you don't want to if this is the coaster you want to build. You haven't used the other area at all so if the lift hill sticks out from the bridge then you have a whole 4x4 space left to use. It should be fine.

Ok thanks for letting me know that really helps alot as this is my first coaster.

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

CW5X is correct. Remove that grey and granite rods in the triangle and you're good to go.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#8 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

CW5X is correct. Remove that grey and granite rods in the triangle and you're good to go.

Okay i will remove the gray support rod and start adding some decorations like snow and trees...

#9 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Im not completely sure what I think of that drop.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#10 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

That lift style and helix is incredibly unique. Definitely haven't seen a vertical-lift invert since Deja Vu. However, you may want to add some height to your following elements otherwise this'll be a short coaster.

#11 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

I agree with Cobra Roller. Maybe have an overbanked turn or a helix instead of just going right back to the lift.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#12 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

That lift style and helix is incredibly unique. Definitely haven't seen a vertical-lift invert since Deja Vu. However, you may want to add some height to your following elements otherwise this'll be a short coaster.

I quite agree it all depends on the fact if i have enough track.

I agree with Cobra Roller. Maybe have an overbanked turn or a helix instead of just going right back to the lift.

and as it happens i may and a zero-g role at a later state.

#13 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

hay guys anyone have any advice on how i should add the cobra roll to my coaster the coaster hasn't changed since i posted the photos so could you let me know the best way to add it.
thanks

#14 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

I find there's no defined way on how to add an element. My best advice would be to decide on a position for it that looks cool for you and works for your layout (the end of the big drop perhaps?) Then trawl the database to find examples that you like. There are plenty of coasters out there to choose from so knock yourself out with the search. Once you find one, use that as your inspiration and let that help you design the supports or shape and style but try not to completely copy it. Learning what works for you is essential for your future builds. After you've got something then we can help a lot more with how to finish it or anything that could be improved. Experiment; have fun; build it up; tear it down. That's what it's all about. So I hope this helped. Enjoy building and don't rush anything. There's still plenty of time to play around with whatever you have and we're always willing to help out. It's just much easier for us to help and more fun for you if you try something out first rather than leave us with a blank sheet to start from. You've done well so far so there's no reason to assume you can't try a few things out.

I hope that sounds reasonable. Some of my 5am posts can be a bit cranky so sorry if it comes across a bit that way. But have fun anyway. ;)

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#15 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:52 AM

I find there's no defined way on how to add an element. My best advice would be to decide on a position for it that looks cool for you and works for your layout (the end of the big drop perhaps?) Then trawl the database to find examples that you like. There are plenty of coasters out there to choose from so knock yourself out with the search. Once you find one, use that as your inspiration and let that help you design the supports or shape and style but try not to completely copy it. Learning what works for you is essential for your future builds. After you've got something then we can help a lot more with how to finish it or anything that could be improved. Experiment; have fun; build it up; tear it down. That's what it's all about. So I hope this helped. Enjoy building and don't rush anything. There's still plenty of time to play around with whatever you have and we're always willing to help out. It's just much easier for us to help and more fun for you if you try something out first rather than leave us with a blank sheet to start from. You've done well so far so there's no reason to assume you can't try a few things out.

I hope that sounds reasonable. Some of my 5am posts can be a bit cranky so sorry if it comes across a bit that way. But have fun anyway. ;)

Hay CW5X thanks very much for the advice. I have will start experimenting with the new eliment today and see where it goes from there.
regards
frosb

#16 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

gave up on trying to build a coaster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2 trains, inverted coaster, vertical lift