The Racer! Mister Piglette's Recreation (6/1)

inverted coaster montu recreation tube support

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

Rebel Yell at King's Dominion.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#22 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

I think you're on to something CG...
If it is, then that would be quite ironic, cause it's my avatar, and second favorite wooden coaster.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#23 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm with CG on this one.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#24 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

I see connectors on the other side for another track. Either a dueler or the return side. Wooden dueler/racer is my guess.

EDIT: 500th Post!

EDIT: vvv I was thinking that, I just couldn't remember what it was called.

It is a Racer ;)

yes something dueling the structure is common for woodies but I think you used a similar structure as a base for your tubed looper

I did use a similar base, but for a different reason. The base had the extensions at the bottom just in case I had to continue the base, but it was inefficient..

Was I right?;) A dueling woodie!!

Yep ;) Nice job!

Rebel Yell at King's Dominion.

Nope, but it's the same manufacturer!

I think you're on to something CG...
If it is, then that would be quite ironic, cause it's my avatar, and second favorite wooden coaster.

I would love to recreate that one, but this one happens to be my favorite woodie also, but its in a tie for first XD

I'm with CG on this one.

It was close! But no!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I am back! With construction up to half way of the first camelbackish hill, I can now show over view pictures ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
When its all put together

Another view...
Posted Image

And a test video of course:
http://youtu.be/LYfnOj5zhY4/

I didn't show the tall hill in detail, mainly because its not done, but also because the shaping just is terrible on it. I hope to actually finish it soon in the next update.

Enjoy :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#25 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

As I've said before, I really like it so far. I hope you'll have enough speed/pieces for this

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#26 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Are you recreating American Eagle at sfgamerica? Cause if it is, it looks amazing! If it is not, then it still looks amazing!

39797.png

#27 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

You should put red tubing on one and blue tubing on the other.
Looks cool so Far

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#28 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

It looks really good so far. My train won the race when I rode this coaster in Kings Island. :)

Posted Image

#29 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

It looks really good so far. My train won the race when I rode this coaster in Kings Island. :)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure WE won Helmer. We sat together and then Zach in front of us, while Kevin and Elijah ditched us. XD

You should put red tubing on one and blue tubing on the other.
Looks cool so Far

I might. I am not sure what I will do for colors, but I think it will all be red. I only have one set of blue and that won't cover this long layout. Thank you.

Are you recreating American Eagle at sfgamerica? Cause if it is, it looks amazing! If it is not, then it still looks amazing!

Thanks either way! It is the Racer from Kings Island.

As I've said before, I really like it so far. I hope you'll have enough speed/pieces for this

Thanks, Zach. Always nice to hear from you. I should, but if I don't, I can know how many I need because I organize ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys for the comments, as I do enjoy them all. I have another update, and this concerns the now finished hill. This one was a struggle to build because it doesn't bank in the center of the pullout, but right on top of the hill (thumbsdown)

I used a weird, but effective "structure splitter" that got me from granite width to a blue rod width. So far it looks pretty good to me.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image
I absolutely love this picture for some reason.

Posted Image

Posted Image
You can see the pattern on the right.

Posted Image
This is the 'brick' pattern I used for the outside of the structure that I also used for the center of the structure. It is super effective for saving pieces.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is it guys, enjoy! :D

Edited by Mister Piglette, 15 March 2015 - 11:40 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Looks very nice! I like your switching from granites to blue rods for the width of the supports.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#31 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Shaping is good, perhaps raise the supports on the whole hill, the track shouldn't be that far away from the structure.

#32 Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

I like the shaping, and how gradual you made the hill bend toward your foot! I honesty wonder where your going to put it.... ;)

#33 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

I agree with G Force - your track is a little far from the supports, but I know that can be difficult to do with woodies.
Apart from that this looks really nice! Will be good to see the two trains race :)

#34 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Haven't commented in this section of the forum in a while, but this definitely deserves it. Although I agree with what has been said about the supports, I think this looks great so far:D.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#35 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Looks very nice! I like your switching from granites to blue rods for the width of the supports.

Thanks Zach!

I like the shaping, and how gradual you made the hill bend toward your foot! I honesty wonder where your going to put it.... ;)

Haha, thanks, I have an idea to where I'm going to put it, but I'd need permission first and a few trips back and forth between my house and where I hope to put it.

Shaping is good, perhaps raise the supports on the whole hill, the track shouldn't be that far away from the structure.

Yes, thanks, that is what I plan on doing. I just have not gotten to it yet.

I agree with G Force - your track is a little far from the supports, but I know that can be difficult to do with woodies.
Apart from that this looks really nice! Will be good to see the two trains race :)

Thanks! I agree also. I'm only worried about the train getting through the layout first, and then I will make the details. I can't wait either!

Haven't commented in this section of the forum in a while, but this definitely deserves it. Although I agree with what has been said about the supports, I think this looks great so far:D.

Thank you so much. And I will try to fix it soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, I would like to apologize for my comment on Fury's thread, but it is all handeled now.

Now onto the update. I have a YouTube video and I'll probably add a few photos. Here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://youtu.be/INHUCg5uhoE

That's all, folks! :)

Edited by Mister Piglette, 20 March 2015 - 02:08 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

You're keeping speed quite nicely, impressive.

#37 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

It always surprises me how stretched out these classic woodies are. The shaping and supporting look good, you have a sufficient number of track-to-base connections. The train clears the elements with a nice pace, you are maintaining speed nicely.

Posted Image

#38 Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

Everything looks wonderful! Just keep building and the time will pay off!

#39 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

Everything looks wonderful! Just keep building and the time will pay off!

Thanks! I will and as you will see, it took me tons of time moving the coaster to a new spot for now.

It always surprises me how stretched out these classic woodies are. The shaping and supporting look good, you have a sufficient number of track-to-base connections. The train clears the elements with a nice pace, you are maintaining speed nicely.

Oh my goodness these are stretched beyond compare. I measured it and it is 28 foot long so far, and that isn't with all the lift and station and prelift! I have added a few more connections to places that are essential for speed to be kept. So far there are a total of 5 elements and a little less than 50% of height loss. Its pretty good and realistic to the actual ride :)

You're keeping speed quite nicely, impressive.

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I would like to start off by saying thanks to the staff for the hilarious usernames, those really made my day.

Anyways, to what you all love the most, pictures:

Posted Image
The turn's slightly banking really sucks to do so have mercy on me please. Its not perfect yet.

Posted Image
Another shot.

Posted Image
A comparison of the pull in of the turn and the pullout from the turn.

Posted Image
Overview of the camelback to the turn, and where I'm about to go to.

Posted Image
The better supported camelback.

Posted Image
Sweet picture of the first two hills of the ride.

Posted Image
Overview.

Posted Image
Another overview.

Posted Image
Overview again.

And finally a few action shots that I liked.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that is about it. A test video will come next update. Thanks for viewing and if you guys see any problems comment them!

Enjoy! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

There are a few sharp/straight spots, but the Skittles are great.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted coaster, montu recreation, tube support