The Racer! Mister Piglette's Recreation (6/1)

inverted coaster montu recreation tube support

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

This looks so awesome... Wish I could've made it.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#62 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

"What are you calling this roller..." *video cuts off* If that was my mom, I would facepalm so hard. Looks great. Can't wait for the final video.

#63 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

You better pray it doesn't rain. Or storm. :P

That's some serious speed you've kept. Absolutely incredible! Are you considering adding the last hill under the lift supports (as you pictured in The Coaster Longest Thread)?

Formally RK500

#64 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

That is looking fantastic guys! Despite the presence of all these small airhills in this coaster, you have kept speed really well. The train has a great pace through each element, I have watched the testvideo five times in a row. ;)

Posted Image

#65 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Very impressive! You did a good job handling with speed loss, I was surprised that it was able to make it up the third hill, it looks taller than the drop from that angle. On a related note, how much K'nex do you have?

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#66 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:48 AM

Looks amazing! Very accurate too...
I wish I could do a collab build with someone....I've done a small one and really enjoyed it - you feed off each others ideas, and it halves the manual labour ;) Being in the UK, there aren't many SSC members near me...CW5X is probably the closest, but he lives all the way in Scotland!

Anyway, I don't think you could make this any better - it's fab! :)

Posted Image

#67 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

^ I'm just as close since I'm right next to Falkirk.... Maybe I'll steal your idea ;)

Fabulous guys! This has got to be my favourite duelling coaster ever built, as well as one of my favourite woodies! The speed and flow is fantastic and I can't wait to see the two trains fight for the finish line in the final video! :D

#68 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

The coaster looks wonderful as does its performance. Wonderful work maintaining speed on such a wonderful coaster.

Posted Image

#69 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Looks great, guys! I'd love to see some laterals for the lift hill once you get the brakeruns finalized.

I started on laterals once Zach left, but I became so low on pieces after I did two laterals, I couldn't do more. Though it is disappointing for me not to be able to finish the details, I think I am happy with getting the layout complete.

This looks so awesome... Wish I could've made it.

Yeah, that would have been fun. Thanks! Maybe next time ;)

"What are you calling this roller..." *video cuts off* If that was my mom, I would facepalm so hard. Looks great. Can't wait for the final video.

Right when my mom said that, my dad pretty much face palmed and had to explain it to her. I can't wait either.

You better pray it doesn't rain. Or storm. :P

That's some serious speed you've kept. Absolutely incredible! Are you considering adding the last hill under the lift supports (as you pictured in The Coaster Longest Thread)?

About the rain, it hasn't rained since Zach came, but I'm paranoid about it being outside during the night time, so I take it down into 5 or so sections and store it in the garage. It is a huge hassle... I am not considering the last hill, only because I spent about 2 days on the brake run after Zach left because we originally did not have the brake run on a slant. So I had to do the dirty work with tons of spacers and such to make it a slight slant, and it performs very well. Thanks.

That is looking fantastic guys! Despite the presence of all these small airhills in this coaster, you have kept speed really well. The train has a great pace through each element, I have watched the testvideo five times in a row. ;)

I'm actually surprised myself that it makes it with the kind of pace it has. It is a struggle because the heat outside makes the track really soft and unreliable when testing and 99% of the time it won't even clear the camelback, and if then, not the turnaround. When I deal with these woodies (more with straight hills and no curves), I work around losing only a blue rod height per element. So it makes sense to have a 12 (and a halfish) height hill, clear 9-10 elements and finish at around 2 blue rods. Thanks Helmer.

Very impressive! You did a good job handling with speed loss, I was surprised that it was able to make it up the third hill, it looks taller than the drop from that angle. On a related note, how much K'nex do you have?

It makes it up the hill, in good conditions, about 90% of the time. But I'm just happy that it makes it also and is able to complete the whole layout. (At least my train does... Did you hear that Zach?? :P)

Oh and I have 19045 pieces, not including chain. I use most of my pieces though when I build. And lets just say, 10% of my count was the blue rods I had to use for this xD

Looks amazing! Very accurate too...
I wish I could do a collab build with someone....I've done a small one and really enjoyed it - you feed off each others ideas, and it halves the manual labour ;) Being in the UK, there aren't many SSC members near me...CW5X is probably the closest, but he lives all the way in Scotland!

Anyway, I don't think you could make this any better - it's fab! :)

I probably could. If I had more space inside and didn't have to take it down into sections everyday, the shaping would be so much better. And I'm sure with more pieces, I could become less sloppy with my connections and structure. Thanks.

^ I'm just as close since I'm right next to Falkirk.... Maybe I'll steal your idea ;)

Fabulous guys! This has got to be my favourite duelling coaster ever built, as well as one of my favourite woodies! The speed and flow is fantastic and I can't wait to see the two trains fight for the finish line in the final video! :D

That means a lot since there are a ton more duelers out there that I like more than this xD. Zach's train is slow so its hard to duel when mine always win ahahaha.

The coaster looks wonderful as does its performance. Wonderful work maintaining speed on such a wonderful coaster.

Thanks Elijah. Means a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, this is more of a verbal update since I don't have pictures. The whole layout is now complete, and the final video will come when I can find a cooler time to test and have both sides working. I don't have a camera currently so it will only be ediied videos and clips merged together. I am pretty much out of pieces too, so a station will either be non-existant or be a very minor station. And I guess that is all I have to say! Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted coaster, montu recreation, tube support