The Racer! Mister Piglette's Recreation (6/1)

inverted coaster montu recreation tube support

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

That was pretty good. I forgot what today was, so nice work making me think I was gonna get an update and see... well whatever that was...

Posted Image

#42 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Okay, for a real update I have real pictures! (Sorry about yesterday, but I really had to do it. I hope this update makes up for it.)

I had to set up the rollercoaster in our dining room and then go through into the kitchen. My mom is getting paranoid about it being there, and its been two days, so I had to hurry up and get it back in sections and put it upstairs. II have all the way up to the turn which connects to the first camelback. I know that I could have more TTS connections, but I was more worried about having the track completed so I could move on quick. This will probably be the last setup until the final run for this side. Then I will move onto the other side.

Here are some valuable photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are all just a few overviews.

Posted Image

Posted Image

More overviews.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's it guys, thanks!

(I'm having trouble uploading photos so Iwill be uploading more photos in a few minutes along with a test video.)

EDIT: https://youtu.be/yhSFGVEA-jM

Edited by Mister Piglette, 02 April 2015 - 03:27 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#43 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

You have very nicely shown how good of a builder you are with this coaster! The only problem I see is that the turn looks a little bumpy in some pictures, nothing too drastic. Keep it up!

#44 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

It's a shame you are limited to so few crossties per rod, but you still somehow manage to have perfect shaping. That's not terribly easy to achieve, so congrats. You seem to have no speed problems either, which is also impressive with a layout of this length. Nicely done.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#45 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

This is so good, wonderful work.

#46 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Dang this is bigger than I expected. Really nice job so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#47 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Looks nice u should move it outside or somewhere else though not in the middle of the house lol. U still have the other sides to build though.

#48 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Wow, has it been a long time! Construction had slowed due to school, but since school is reaching it's end, I have found time. I was also held back by lack of pieces (Don't worry, its not like I ran out completely, I just needed clips, flexies, cross ties, and some ball joints, along with some blue rods) and construction is also reaching it's end. *cough* so is the available space *cough*

Looks nice u should move it outside or somewhere else though not in the middle of the house lol. U still have the other sides to build though.

I'm thinking about moving it to my church where the have a huge place I could put it for a day, to test and assemble, and etc. You'll see that I have almost all of the other side done.

Dang this is bigger than I expected. Really nice job so far.

Thanks! Its taken a long time too. Much larger than I could have comprehended during the earlier phases of building.

This is so good, wonderful work.

Thanks!

It's a shame you are limited to so few crossties per rod, but you still somehow manage to have perfect shaping. That's not terribly easy to achieve, so congrats. You seem to have no speed problems either, which is also impressive with a layout of this length. Nicely done.

Thanks, Zach!

You have very nicely shown how good of a builder you are with this coaster! The only problem I see is that the turn looks a little bumpy in some pictures, nothing too drastic. Keep it up!

Yes, yes. There were a lot of bumps! However it was mainly due to the poor tubing I used for the middle of the crossties. (Assuming you are talking about the camelback-turn.) I have fixed the turnaround using ball joints to get the small, custom banking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all! I have one picture to show because 1. Its no longer in the living room, kitchen, and dining room any more and 2. My camera broke so I have to take selfies with the front camera to capture the photos.

Well here it is!

Posted Image

Enjoy =D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#49 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Piglet, we need to talk. Repent from your ways or wrath shall come upon you. Do you not see the evil image you have created?!
Spoiler

If you couldn't tell, this was a joke. The coaster looks amazing Piglette.

Edited by Connector1o1, 24 May 2015 - 12:19 PM.

Signature not available 

#50 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

That edit looks more like a crappy fan art combination of Tropius and Pikachu...

The coaster looks great. The same thing happened to me, but with the front camera, so now I only have a back one.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#51 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

God that thing is beautiful, I'm actually quite surprised by your skills!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#52 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:47 PM

Woah I didn't expect this to look that intense...

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#53 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

Wow. I can't tell you how many times I've been on The Racer. It makes me super excited to see it come to life as a k'nex model. Can't wait to see the final product!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Wow! That is much bigger than I thought it would be, and not to mention fantastic!

#55 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

The size of this thing is unbelievable. It's absolutely insane!
You pretty much got it from here too, all you need are a couple of rises, brake runs, and stations. :) nicely done

Edited by -=Zach=-, 26 May 2015 - 07:43 AM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#56 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

That's huge... And it looks really good!

Posted Image

#57 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

My god, that's hot.

#58 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Just would like to point out:

Posted Image

The pullout needs a lot more support. Add some boxes and track to support connectors.

Formally RK500

#59 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

I'll let Logan reply to all of the comments. :)
So this weekend, I went over to Logan's house to "finish up" The Racer. In no way at all did we EVER waste ANY time, especially not by playing 9 ball pool or 007 on the N64.
Anywho, we didn't completely finish the blue side, but there is only track on the brake run, and the station area left on that side. We did, however, manage to finish, and set the red side up outside, when there was a opening from rain. We had a ton of issues to work out, like how Logan's driveway is on a slight slope, which meant that we had to rotate the coaster 180* from where we originally had it. But we did finally get the ride to work wonderfully. I should have a test up pretty soon too.
Alright, let's see the ride!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit: Test (Featuring Logan's dad (lol))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPY0rxm-t2c

So Logan is borrowing some tubing, and my train, so expect to see a familiar paint job in the final video :D
Thanks guys!

Edited by -=Zach=-, 01 June 2015 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image

#60 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Looking great, guys! I'd love to see some laterals for the lift hill once you get the brake runs finalized.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted coaster, montu recreation, tube support