inverted coaster montu recreation tube support

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi I'm going to recreate Montu from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Florida. I finished the station and I'm currently deciding to raise the whole coaster to a triple platform because the real coaster has trenches dug into the ground in the second loop and immelman. Also, do you guys think it is okay to not have an exact copy of the same tube support in the beginning before the lift hill? (shown in the pics)
Also.. Do you guys think that 4 SCC sets will cover this coaster... it aprox. to 40ft of track. Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the Tube Support....
Posted Image

Tell me what you guys think!

Edited by sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR, 08 March 2014 - 11:07 PM.

ReadThisBackwards

Me is CLK 10...So I Be Building Dem Tube Supports

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Coaster! Yay! http://www.sscoaster...-coaster-16747/

#2 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Good luck.

#3 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Do you guys think that 4 SCC sets will cover this coaster

Not even close.

#4 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Is it from prior experience that you say that? Well the chances that I am able to create this coaster is high (if it does become Montu or a custom B&M inverted coaster, IDK). Both you and DDRman are doubting my abilities. I say that you guys are suppose to answer my questions respectfully, with advice. Extremely...Rude

ReadThisBackwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 StuntPilot22

StuntPilot22

The Eingsh Teacher

• 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Is it from prior experience that you say that? Well the chances that I am able to create this coaster is high (if it does become Montu or a custom B&M inverted coaster, IDK). Both you and DDRman are doubting my abilities. I say that you guys are suppose to answer my questions respectfully, with advice. Extremely...Rude

To put his in a nice way, they are probably doubting your abilities considering your (new) status. If I could give you some advice, I would probably start with a simple invert with one or two inversions before attempting a recreation.

(EDIT) I noticed your " i'm not new" in your signature. But I still think you might want to go custom before attempting a recreation.

Help me get a coaster installed at a new local theme park! http://www.ipetition...-in-west-berlin

Debut Models : Declaration Of Insanity :Mount Spacemore :Schwarzkopf Loop :Robotboy The Ride: Ballista: Nightfire: Roxxer : Reactor :Fireblast
To-Build List-: Longstrike : Star Jet : Synder :Water Coaster?
No, not the English teacher..
The Eingsh Teacher!

#6 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

To be fair, we did. Him saying good luck isn't being mean nor is it doubting your abilities. I also answered your question without any disrespect, personally I don't see how you can finish Montu with only 4 sets. I shouldn't have to sugarcoat and be as "happy sounding as possible XDXDXD" to answer your question. Don't be so quick to judge.

Edited by A.S.C., 02 March 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#7 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

To put his in a nice way, they are probably doubting your abilities considering your (new) status. If I could give you some advice, I would probably start with a simple invert with one or two inversions before attempting a recreation.

(EDIT) I noticed your " i'm not new" in your signature. But I still think you might want to go custom before attempting a recreation.

I've done inverts before. However, I have never finished them due to issues in the past. I've had experience in doing loops, immelmans, etc. Even tubing in general. My point is, is that I like challenges, and having not built a coaster in a LONG time will make this a fun project. Now... I will be starting the lift hill soon.

ReadThisBackwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Your signature says you aren't actually new. What was your old username?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#9 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Neither one were doubting that you had the experience for it. DDRMan was saying that this will be extremely difficult and that if you finish it, it will be a great accomplishment.
A.S.C was saying not even close because of the piece count you have, not because of your building skill. That's why he only quoted that part of what you said.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#10 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Your signature says you aren't actually new. What was your old username?

My old username was CLK10 (two years ago), however I am not planning on referring back to that.

ReadThisBackwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Neither one were doubting that you had the experience for it. DDRMan was saying that this will be extremely difficult and that if you finish it, it will be a great accomplishment.
A.S.C was saying not even close because of the piece count you have, not because of your building skill. That's why he only quoted that part of what you said.

I just want to put this out there.....
I have PLENTY of pieces...not just SSC sets.

Thanks for the post Zach :D

Now can we get down to the real stuff...... Advice...and comments on the coasters pls.

ReadThisBackwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Got the inverted coaster seats:

Posted Image

ReadThisBackwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 StuntPilot22

StuntPilot22

The Eingsh Teacher

• 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

I gotta admit, those look gorgeous. However, you sure you can pull off a Montu recreation? I wish you good luck (in a positive way)

Help me get a coaster installed at a new local theme park! http://www.ipetition...-in-west-berlin

Debut Models : Declaration Of Insanity :Mount Spacemore :Schwarzkopf Loop :Robotboy The Ride: Ballista: Nightfire: Roxxer : Reactor :Fireblast
To-Build List-: Longstrike : Star Jet : Synder :Water Coaster?
No, not the English teacher..
The Eingsh Teacher!

#14 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Oh my god this is ironic...

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#15 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Maybe I was blunt, but the point I was getting at was reiterated by Zach. I never said I doubted your ability. This recreation would be difficult for anyone, regardless of ability. I wasn't trying to be rude. Also, ASC has a very valid point. 4 SS sets is not going to be enough to complete this, assuming that you're building tall enough to complete the layout. Even if you skimp on X-ties, which is not advisable if you want to keep your speed, you would be hard pressed to finish this coaster. And yes, I have experience with this.

As for the coaster itself, it looks alright, but I can tell you from YEARS of experience that you do not want to be using the ladder pieces in your track, also what you have should be banked a tad more IMO. I don't remember any of your past builds, so I have no real way to gauge your building abilities.

So, again, with no ill-intended subtext, good luck.

#16 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

I ran out of pieces building my current coaster multiple times. I had to order an extra 300 granite rods and I still ran out. I have 8 Screamin Serpents, 2 Rippin rockets, and loads of other pieces, but I still had problems. If you are going to build Montu, I would skip the trenches.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#17 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Thank you for the concerns guys! I will continue the coaster up to the batwing, skipping the second loop and immelman to go straight to the corkscrew. However, if there is enough speed, then I will indeed add the loop and immeman. While taking your concerns in mind, I will build the lift hill now.

#18 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Being completely honest, you won't even have enough pieces to get to the loop. Considering you have 4SS plus some other sets.

I highly suggest you don't do this, as you will let us down. Make it a custom so you can then make the layout however you like.

How tall do you plan on making it?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#19 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Montu is a stupidly long coaster, I wouldn't worry about pieces but more about how high you have to build to cope for the terrible speedloss inverts have.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I honestly know 4 ssc sets will not work. The coaster I just built used 2 ssc and one son of serpents also, it is your choice to build. Try your best, see if it works, do what you want! Also I'm not trying to fight the other posters. I'm trying to encourage you!:)

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted coaster, montu recreation, tube support