flatride mondial tower wind seeker windseeker

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

Well I was gonna do a teaser, but everybody is doing those now and it is starting to get a little annoying, plus I have a lot to say about this.
As the title says, I plan on doing a Nefeskesen recreation as I have always thought that it is a beautiful ride, plus it has a layout that should but well suited for VV. I am going "All In" on this coaster, and hope to get everything just right, including accurate supports, so I ask you guys to point out all issues with ride once main construction starts so I can achieve this goal.
For now, I have a launch, I wanted to do a bigger version of my launch on Nos but the design could not handle much more power, so for now I have this dandy thing. I am very proud of myself with the trigger, it uses just a couple of parts but works perfectly. I am still working out some problems with the tension gear and the amount of power but here are the pictures and a quick test.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That last picture is cool...

Edited by Gvus, 15 June 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#2 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

This will be exciting to see

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#3 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

Cant wait. I have no doubt you will be able to complete this.

Edited by -i!Koozie!i-, 01 February 2015 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#4 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

Simple, yet efficient. Good work! It always makes me nervous resetting a launch like that, I always feel like the chain is gonna snap on my hand. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#5 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

This looks to be a very cool project. I was wondering though; will the launch track be longer than the launch itself?

#6 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

This will be exciting to see

Hehe, Yeah it will be...

Cant wait. I have no doubt you will be able to complete this.

Thanks.

Simple, yet efficient. Good work! It always makes me nervous resetting a launch like that, I always feel like the chain is gonna snap on my hand. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Thanks, yeah, it's a little sketchy.

This looks to be a very cool project. I was wondering though; will the launch track be longer than the launch itself?

Yes, the launch track is a bit longer than the launch itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've made progress!
I built the base, with some basic terrain to simulate the slight hill this ride is built on. I mounted the launch and got a spot set out for the station. Now I see truly how tall the break run will have to be, but I think I can still do it. Currently I need to do some work on the launch, I took out the tension gear to test the difference but now it breaks really easy so I better put that back in. I have started on the supports of the tophat now (These pictures were from last night) and the supports are quite strong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next time I hope I can get out a decent camera and get some better pictures, but for now, Phone pictures :P

#7 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Looks like a solid start. Only thing I'm worried about is the chain making a big angle where it gets onto the track. This may cause a lot of friction and possibly can make the chain break. You might be better of moving the gear up, however, if everything works fine now, keep it as it is.

#8 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

I really hope you can pull this off, it'll be really awesome.
I have no doubt that you can pull off this layout, and it's looking fantastic so far.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#9 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:46 PM

I had a VERY tight rubber band against my finger. It snapped back, and I couldn't feel my finger for a day. (Actually, 8 hours.)

Founder of Heidrich Construction, LLC.

43931.png

Wicked Cyclone Fireball Goliath Fury 325 Zephyrantes
©2016 Heidrich Construction, LLC.

#10 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

Ooh. Nefeskesen has a great layout - perfect for recreating as speed loss shouldn't affect it too much. What you've built so far looks strong and sturdy - can't wait to see the top hat!

Posted Image

#11 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

The only problem I see.... Is that the launch doesn't look supported enough from the bottom. I would suggest sticking just a few more supports under it. Everything looks great so far!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#12 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Looks like a solid start. Only thing I'm worried about is the chain making a big angle where it gets onto the track. This may cause a lot of friction and possibly can make the chain break. You might be better of moving the gear up, however, if everything works fine now, keep it as it is.

About that... I redid the entire launch and it is working great now...

I really hope you can pull this off, it'll be really awesome.
I have no doubt that you can pull off this layout, and it's looking fantastic so far.

It is taking a crazy amount of parts but I think this will work.

I had a VERY tight rubber band against my finger. It snapped back, and I couldn't feel my finger for a day. (Actually, 8 hours.)

Good job :P

Ooh. Nefeskesen has a great layout - perfect for recreating as speed loss shouldn't affect it too much. What you've built so far looks strong and sturdy - can't wait to see the top hat!

The hardest part will be not making it to the break run, but being able to have the break run as tall as I want it.

The only problem I see.... Is that the launch doesn't look supported enough from the bottom. I would suggest sticking just a few more supports under it. Everything looks great so far!

I added some more, now there are around 12 connections from the launch to base and it is very strong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I diid som werk gueys!!
I redid the launch into a basic cable lunch using the same trigger system as before. It is stupidly simple for how good it works, I can get my train over the tophat very easily. I also made the tophat. The supports are modeled after the ones on the real Nefeskesen, I still need to add a few more braces as it still shakes some, but I think it looks pretty good so far. The shaping has been a real pain though, as you can see in the pictures the top is not level and I can't seem to fix it sadly, I also don't know what I think of the overall shape of the element. It looks nice , but I'm not sure if it is accurate, so please tell me anything you think I should change about the tophat. Pictures? Pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the tubez...

#13 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

This looks very nice so far, though I would consider reshaping the right side (pullin) as it has I few strange/sharp spots.
Also nice to hear you've got a more simple launch that is working :)

#14 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

I spot some DD cars in the background. Future project? 

Edited by Spaghetti, 17 October 2015 - 08:34 PM.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

I like how elaborate the tube supporting is. Nice work.

Posted Image

#16 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

The right side of the crest should use some reshaping. It looks a little rough. I do love the supports on this though.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#17 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

This looks very nice so far, though I would consider reshaping the right side (pullin) as it has I few strange/sharp spots.
Also nice to hear you've got a more simple launch that is working :)

Thanks, I think I did work on it, I don't know for suure as the last time I built was about two weeks ago.

I spot some DD cars in the background. Future project? Btw can we Skype?

No, I just have a lot of those cars, but I really want to use them sometime because they look so cool. I had been thinking maybe a suspended coaster if I ever get the chance.

I like how elaborate the tube supporting is. Nice work.

Thank You!

The right side of the crest should use some reshaping. It looks a little rough. I do love the supports on this though.

Yeah, I think I fixed it, Thanks Jayke.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I built a bunch right after the last update for a few days, Then the string on the launch frayed and came off. No big deal, I just needed to cut another one off the big roll in the garage and attach it, I decided I was going to update when I finished that, That was almost three weeks ago. I decided to just update now with no working launch at the moment and get comments to motivate me to build some more. I mainly have not been building because I am so busy with biking and working at a local bike shop (So fun!), I have also been plain not motivated to build. I hope the next update will have the stengle dive and the launch, maybe a test video too.
So about what I built, the hill and Immelmann. There is not much to say, I went for realistic supports like the ones on Nefeskesen. It clears the Immelmann quite quickly, so I may raise it a tad. There is just about no shaking on the Immelmann but I am still working on the shaking on the Top Hat.
The one photo shows how much space I have, should be fine. Sorry that my pictures suck, I hate my camera, I may start using my Dad's nicer cameras soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please Comment and feel free to be harsh!

#18 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

Nice job! I like your spine and footers.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#19 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

Looking good. Not much left to go, and you haven't lost much speed. I do think the exit of the immelmann is a bit bumpy, but it could just be the angle. Other than that, looks fantastic.

Edited by -=Zach=-, 18 March 2015 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#20 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

Fantastic! Great shaping so far - I'm especially liking the way the airtime hill's angled slightly. Not sure about the tunnel(ish) thing you've got going on - it just sticks out as a bit amateurish on a professional build. Just make it look a bit more permanent perhaps by connecting them to a greater extent?

Apart from that just keep doing what you're doing - it's fab so far! ;)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flatride, mondial, tower, wind seeker, windseeker