airtime compact

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SkyArrow

SkyArrow

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Not sure if anyone remembers me. I never really did anything here until now.
This is not my first coaster or even my first attempt. Just my first one that I even felt like showing after dozens of failed attempts to make something I even felt like showing and continuing. Introducing Cloud Ten, a fairly compact airtime machine featuring micro track on regular K'nex supports, so I guess it could be considered a hybrid of sorts. I eventually decided I prefer micro since it's easier to find and it takes up less space. I will likely be hesitant to post topics until I have quite a bit already done because I am usually real prone to changing the whole layout bit by bit if there's something I'm not satisfied with.
Anyway:
Posted Image
Maybe it's the angle but I hope that doesn't look too deadly. Didn't really think about it until snapping the pic.
Posted Image
GTX inspiration. 4 cars seems to be the magic number right now.
Posted Image
Sideways pop of airtime going into a double down. This is where it starts to remind me of a steel GCI.
I also tend to have difficulties attaching spines to excessively twisty track, as I probably do not have enough pieces to connect to every possible tie tho even if I did that probably would still hold true.

#2 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

This looks good! If I were you I would straighten out the airtime hill right after the cool first turn. Cant wait to see more! :D

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#3 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

I will advise you that lots of track-to-support connections which clip your train's chain dog(s) will overall take away some noticeable speed by the end of your layout.
Thus, the normal sized connections could do that. Otherwise, very interesting layout. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airtime, compact