construction hyper coaster roller coaster smoothing

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Here is my new coaster Cheeta Run! This will be an RMC style coaster that will have _?_ inversions, and will stand about 4 feet tall!
Please tell me what you think!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is not the way the real coaster is facing i had to take the pictures on my mac.

Edited by -i!Koozie!i-, 23 May 2015 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

I really like the double up into the break run.

Good luck with this coaster :)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#3 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

You are destined for greatness on this one! I'm very excited!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#4 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

looks good. The only thing i would do is make the pull-in to the lift a little tighter. Also, why is the title Cheetah Run and in the text you say Cheetah Hunt?

#5 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

I really like the double up into the break run.

Good luck with this coaster :)

Thank You!!

You are destined for greatness on this one! I'm very excited!

Thanks!

looks good. The only thing i would do is make the pull-in to the lift a little tighter. Also, why is the title Cheetah Run and in the text you say Cheetah Hunt?

I will. I guess I was thinking about names and I accidentally put cheetah hunt! XD

I will try to get some work done this weekend but the rest of this week I will be at track meets and all that stuff but i will try to get some work done!

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#6 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

The only thing off I see here is an unconnected tie in image three. Other than that, keep going!

#7 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

The double up before the brake run is causing your base to warp a bit, maybe make it a little longer so it is less sharp.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Guest_OnePoundFish_*

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

My heart leaped when I saw the beginning of the title and I though "Oh gosh, am I going to have to compete?" but now that that's over...
I remember this ride at Busch Gardens and it had no banking on it at all, which made for a really sore neck. Your shaping is great, and please continue!

#9 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Yaay Earth day and a new Update!
I got the lift done and i think it is looking very RMCish, I know the pre-lift is misshapen and awful but thats because my siblings tried to close the door and it pushed the whole lift back. Please tell me what you think!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by -i!Koozie!i-, 22 April 2015 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

#10 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

Sorry double post 8-)

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

#11 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Add more x-ties to the crest, redo the gearing connection, and put more triangles into your supports.

Spoiler

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#12 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

^ Oh no, Its cool. Looking good! Can't wait for more!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#13 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

I would make the crest bigger, but that's just me. Also, from the pics given, the pullout on the drop looks way too small. I agree with everything Ion said. Also, I mu honest opinion, the catwalk looks a little odd without handrails.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#14 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

Not much to add with construction tips, but I would love to see this be a cross of New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler.

#15 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

Add more x-ties to the crest, redo the gearing connection, and put more triangles into your supports.

Spoiler

I can't really add triangular supports but i did add a more x-ties

^ Oh no, Its cool. Looking good! Can't wait for more!

Thank you!

I would make the crest bigger, but that's just me. Also, from the pics given, the pullout on the drop looks way too small. I agree with everything Ion said. Also, I mu honest opinion, the catwalk looks a little odd without handrails.

I will add hand rails but not yet i am still trying to figure that out, I'm not sure if the crest is better but I hope it is.

Not much to add with construction tips, but I would love to see this be a cross of New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler.

Its kind of a mix between all of them but mostly those two because those are in the Texas parks.

I am sorry that I haven't been building but I will try to finish this coaster before July, I don't really have much to say, but I want you to have a lot to say.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i1377.photobu...zpsw7vwo9ek.mp4

Sorry didnt know the bottom was chopped off

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

#16 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

There banking is way off (it isn't there), the drop turns in the wrong place, and the heartlining just shifts to the side, as opposed to rolling.

2 Examples:

Edited by IonZer0, 20 May 2015 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#17 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

Try and smooth the track out, and like Ion said, fix the banking. Using more track ties can help with baking and smoothing, as would more connections between the supports and track.

#18 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

There banking is way off (it isn't there), the drop turns in the wrong place, and the heartlining just shifts to the side, as opposed to rolling.

2 Examples:

I am pretty sure I got it now and it looks very nice in my eyes.

Try and smooth the track out, and like Ion said, fix the banking. Using more track ties can help with baking and smoothing, as would more connections between the supports and track.

I did everything you said and it looks very nice.

Ok, I hope that this can make up for that last post and I'm pretty sure I have it down. Please tell me what you think XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks and please comment

-Koozie-

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

#19 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

There you go, it looks much better. I wouldn't add any more banking because I like how smooth the transition is. Please continue. :)

Edited by Connector1o1, 21 May 2015 - 12:43 PM.
Spelling

Signature not available 

#20 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

It looks "ok" at this point. It is not perfect, not bad either. The banking in the turn is improved a lot, making the ride look more realistic. There are some points that would greatly improve your ride: Shaping of the first drop, supports and diagonals.

Mainly in the third picture the shaping looks bad. In that picture, the track on the drop does not make a smooth curve downwards but makes a lot of S-turns - which you don't want on a drop. Try to make it a fluent transition from the drop into the curve to make it look a lot better!

I recommend having your supports curve with the track, instead of having a curved track go over a straight support. This is most obvious in picture 2. Not only is it a lot sturdier to have the track in the middle of the supports, it looks a lot better as well. No need to change it here, unless you really want to improve the ride aesthetically. Just a improvement for future turns :)

Last but not least, add diagonals! You need these to prevent the structure from shaking and with that losing a lot of speed. This should be an easy fix :)

Good luck building this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: construction, hyper coaster, roller coaster, smoothing