construction hyper coaster roller coaster smoothing

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Are you going to add middle tubing at some point? Also, you should shift the supports at the bottom of the drop some so that you can actually support the track on both sides instead of just one.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#22 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

There you go, it looks much better. I wouldn't add any more banking because I like how smooth the transition is. Please continue. :)

Thank You!

It looks "ok" at this point. It is not perfect, not bad either. The banking in the turn is improved a lot, making the ride look more realistic. There are some points that would greatly improve your ride: Shaping of the first drop, supports and diagonals.

Mainly in the third picture the shaping looks bad. In that picture, the track on the drop does not make a smooth curve downwards but makes a lot of S-turns - which you don't want on a drop. Try to make it a fluent transition from the drop into the curve to make it look a lot better!

I recommend having your supports curve with the track, instead of having a curved track go over a straight support. This is most obvious in picture 2. Not only is it a lot sturdier to have the track in the middle of the supports, it looks a lot better as well. No need to change it here, unless you really want to improve the ride aesthetically. Just a improvement for future turns :)

Last but not least, add diagonals! You need these to prevent the structure from shaking and with that losing a lot of speed. This should be an easy fix :)

Good luck building this!

First of all thank you! I worked on the base and the drop and i am pretty sure I have it perfect now!

Are you going to add middle tubing at some point? Also, you should shift the supports at the bottom of the drop some so that you can actually support the track on both sides instead of just one.

No i am trying to keep the look of RMC down to the track. I did shift them over and it looks much better.

I guess its not bad to have two updates in one day. Please comment!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i1377.photobu...zpshdinxju0.mp4

-Koozie-

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#23 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

I like it, would probably push out another box or so of the supports in the pullout, but its not a big deal. Still think you need more supports though, especially if you want to have a decent length layout.

#24 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

Please continue :) It looks fantastic so far - you've captured RMC's style fantastically!
The lift and drop, so far, look to be carbon copies of a certain recently opened RMC in the North East USA...

Just a few things...(as always), which slightly blemish it. I'm not too keen on the double up - it's a tad sharp and looks a little awkward since it has to turn 90 degrees, but if you want to keep it, you probably need to start it a little earlier and bank it slightly. I think either Wicked Cyclone's first overbank, would be a worthy replacement!

Anyway, you're certainly heading in the right direction -keep it up!

Posted Image

#25 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

The first up on the double up looks a little sharp, if you smooth it out I think it would look and work better. Nice choice of element by the way. ;)

Signature not available 

#26 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

I like it, would probably push out another box or so of the supports in the pullout, but its not a big deal. Still think you need more supports though, especially if you want to have a decent length layout.

Well I had another layout change hope you like it :)

Please continue :) It looks fantastic so far - you've captured RMC's style fantastically!
The lift and drop, so far, look to be carbon copies of a certain recently opened RMC in the North East USA...

Just a few things...(as always), which slightly blemish it. I'm not too keen on the double up - it's a tad sharp and looks a little awkward since it has to turn 90 degrees, but if you want to keep it, you probably need to start it a little earlier and bank it slightly. I think either Wicked Cyclone's first overbank, would be a worthy replacement!

Anyway, you're certainly heading in the right direction -keep it up!

Thank you I changed the layout to a much smoother and stronger layout.

The first up on the double up looks a little sharp, if you smooth it out I think it would look and work better. Nice choice of element by the way. ;)

Well I smoothed it out and it looks much better.

I have the final layout for my first element down and i think its perfect. Tell me what you think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

For the next element I am going to do a mix of goliath's lower turnaround under the first turnaround mixed with medusas first turn. Tell me what you think!

Posted Image

-Koozie-

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#27 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

I like it! It's very RMC-esque. Your idea for the turn sounds good too.

Your supports are interesting though. Without any diagonals they look weak. Your test videos in previous updates show them shaking quite a bit. With this lower element I can see that shaking easily translate into major speed loss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

Here we go just imagine this with a roll.

Posted Image

-Koozie-

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

#29 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Woah, this looks much better, superb if I do say so myself! :D
I like how much this makes it look like an RMC than your previous attempts at an element. It should fit nicely with the layout... and it really fits the name! If you think about it, Cheetah Run reminds me of a coaster that would be rather fast and low to the ground, this just fits. Congrats so far Koozie!!!

Signature not available 

#30 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

The first pullout should be larger IMO. option two is to raise the second up and make the double up's valley less sharp.

Formally RK500

#31 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

I would suggest taking out all the gray rods in the track because its causing more shaping problems than doing good for you. Then just support the crap out of it, smoothing it out on the way. Looks good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: construction, hyper coaster, roller coaster, smoothing