Posted ImageDSC01205 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

Posted ImageDSC01206 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

Posted ImageDSC01207 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

Posted ImageDSC01209 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

...and tease;)(6)

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/oneillperson/Banshee-1.jpg~original
Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:
1: Banshee 2: Diamondback 3: Beast 4: T Express 5: Steel dragon 2000 6: Leviathan 7: Dauling Dragon 8: Helix 9: expedition geforce 10: racer
(H) My name means dragon (H)
I am the only banshee man

#2 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

A pokemon themed pre-fab intamin woodie? Great... 2 things I hate in one...

EDIT: A dueling or racing one as well? of course...

Edited by Cartracer55D, 29 June 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#3 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

You are not on the right track, or should i say, you're on the left track? You may never know...

It is however an intamin woodie, nice guess!
I wouldn't say it is dueling...But the layout will make you think otherwise

Edited by Dragon_drake_5012, 30 June 2015 - 08:09 AM.

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:
1: Banshee 2: Diamondback 3: Beast 4: T Express 5: Steel dragon 2000 6: Leviathan 7: Dauling Dragon 8: Helix 9: expedition geforce 10: racer

#4 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

Update 2: 7/1/2015

The coasters construction has slowed noticeably, and a worker who was sneaking into the plan room noticed that it will halt altogether for the next 1.2 weeks. However, the rides lift has been finished at a surprising speed, and official photos have been released:

Posted ImageDSC01211 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flick

Posted ImageDSC01212 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

Posted ImageDSC01213 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr

Posted ImageDSC01214 by Kevin Reynolds, on Flickr
That is all:D
Edit: Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGMfCMxNe4

Edited by Dragon_drake_5012, 02 July 2015 - 07:48 AM.

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:

#5 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

No thoughts whatsoever?

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:

#6 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

People need time to post, it was only a day so far. Athough I understand the frustration of not getting many posts.
From what I can see your stepping in the right direction, the lift looks straight and I can't wait for you to start the drop.

Signature not available 

#7 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Seems to work pretty smoothly. Is the entire layout going to be in that space you've laid out?
This seems to be a cool little project if so because I don't think VV layouts like this come round too often.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#8 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well its only a lift hill so I can see why people wouldn't comment. It's cool to see a vv woodie, there are very few.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#9 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

The ride will only be in that oval. I got struck with inspiration from FTGU's Whirlwind

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Aha. I was wondering if you were inspired by that because I saw it and immediately thought of Whirlwind. Hopefully you can produce something like the quality of that or at least near it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#11 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

Good luck with this! Looks to be a solid start so far, with a very nice, and very regular support structure.
Will you be adding a catwalk? How many times is the train going to travel round the oval?

Can't wait to see more... :)

Posted Image

#12 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

I have a dilemma. I went to SFGAm a few days ago and was inspired when i rode V2. This proved bad when i came back, as now i want to build it, and this has shaken my motivation. What should I do? Please help me!

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:

#13 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

I'll try to help you. :) I think that if you are really wanting to build it and you no longer have an interest in this project, than you should drop this project and start building what you want to build, especially since you don't seem to have gotten very far with this build yet. It would be better to start something you like doing instead of doing something you no longer have any interest in. Y'know what I'm sayin'?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#14 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

I have a solution - go ride El Toro ;)

On a serious note, whilst you need to be interested to be committed, I certainly wouldn't even attempt to make V2 - shuttle coasters are hard in the first place, let alone inverted, launched ones!
Go make it in rct3 instead!

Building any K'nex coaster is a serious commitment, but to complete models, you need to persevere. Am I enjoying making my coaster at the minute? Well, not hugely, because it's hard, and I've already spent almost a year on it. I'm just looking forward to finishing it.

You seem to have made a solid start so far on this coaster, and you didn't finish your last one. Instead of building another, and then losing enthusiasm again, I would say, try your best to finish this, or as SCM said, build something achievable which floats your boat.

Once you've finished one coaster, it'll give you confidence to build the next!

Posted Image

#15 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

You should try to finish this one and like Batwing said, shuttle coasters are very hard to make, and inverted shuttle coasters even harder, and especially with vv! If you can't finish this one just make something simple like a small looper.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#16 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

What bout linear gale at tokyo dome?

Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:

#17 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Yes, the layout would be easier to build, seeing as linear gale would only be two straight spikes- versus having to build one twisted spike with V2. However, I think what people are reffering to are the rigors and challenges of having a multilaunch coaster, and also having said coaster be an inverted. VV inverts lose speed quite quickly, and a having more than one launch on this ride would prove to be very difficult to build. Doesn't mean you can't try though!

You should look up RightWayTrey's Steel Venom. Pretty inspriational build, and it gives an idea how hard it would be to build an inverted impulse, with a complete ride cycle.

You can always just have one launch, and still build the ride itself. That way you still have a model, even if it doesn't function exactly like the real thing. You should really build whatever you have interest in. That is the true fun with K'nex. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1n4m1n, wood, woodie, woodz