45735 replies to this topic

#44461 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Guinness says there is a record, but it hasn't been claimed by anyone:

http://www.guinnessw...-roller-coaster

I remember trying to go through the process to get my "World's Largest K'nex Loop" project recorded. I emailed them, waited two weeks, then took it down. I received an email back like a year later and they wanted to see it. SMH!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44462 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

I remember trying to go through the process to get my "World's Largest K'nex Loop" project recorded. I emailed them, waited two weeks, then took it down. I received an email back like a year later and they wanted to see it. SMH!

That sucks... a lot.

I'm currently building The Joker 4D free Fly coaster, something small, but can be completed relatively easy, but I'm planning on making one side of supports yellow, then the other side of supports gray, too bad those colors go more with Batman. I'm also thinking of using purple and blue tubing with black cross ties, not fully committed on that though. I also set my KMG Inversion to the side for a few weeks to focus on building a roller coaster. I will be making a construction thread for The Joker too, so watch out for that hehe.

I've been super busy the past month or so, finishing up Senior year, graduation, work, and flight school. It's been insane. Thankfully, I only have to worry about flight school and work so my schedule has been cleared up enough so I can build a bit. 

Did I mention my school screwed up my diploma and it says that I graduated in 2016 rather than 2017?

I just found a small dead centipede in my basement haha... See ya'll very soon!

Edit: I just realised that this post is full of mumbo jumbo... Sorry not sorry.

Edited by TEDDSTER, 06 June 2017 - 01:34 PM.

39797.png

#44463 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

I just found a small dead centipede in my basement haha... See ya'll very soon!

Giant tropical centipedes share their territories with TEDDSTER.... this centipede is a predator. Dun dun dun dun.... CENTIPEDE! BRWWW DRRR! eWwWw DrrrVIEWW BRW DRR Da VIEW VEW VEW VUH VEW VIEW! Da da da da (dwah dwah-dwah dah dah) Dadada-dada-Dwv. YE-VWAH, YE-VWAH, YE-VWAH, VYEH. 

Edit: Just wait until I tell you guys how many blue spacers I've used on NS. It's absolutely ridiculous, and I've yet to take down the launch gallery. Oh and since Fried brought up Summer Heat, I'm intrigued to know if we will have a Winter Contest. I've got an idea for a good name. (6) Still not going to bother diving in much on layouts and stuff, though, just in case it isn't a 5x5x5 contest. I mean I'm not planning on actually building anything until Winter. I don't want to be mostly done with a big project and then realize that I don't have the space for a winter coaster. 

Edited by SCM, 06 June 2017 - 01:51 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44464 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

So I think maybe I might be going to Cedar Point, but I'm not sure since one of my friends from my group of Asian friends who I occasionally play LoL with said they were going in the summer about 3 months ago, but they haven't really talked about it at all in the group chat... I hope they're still going so I'm not just hyped up about nothing. I REALLY want to go on Gatekeeper because X-Flight was amazing (its tied for second with Goliath for SFGAm coasters for me).

I started working on my eurofighter again and did a heartline roll/ really short zero g roll and finished in about two hours. I felt pretty gold about it, but then I looked at it from the entrance and it looked terrible, so I gotta re-do it... feelsbad

Also, will Summer Heat be announced soon? I might try and actually do it if I can finish my eurofighter soon enough. My last day of school is tomorrow so I'll have a ton of time.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 06 June 2017 - 01:16 PM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44465 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

I'm goin to cedar point on the 30th for my birthday, woo.

Cant wait for the 4 hour drive with 4 idiots in my car hahah

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44466 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

Do we have interest in a Summer Heat? Winter Contest was a complete bust.

#44467 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

I would definitely enter in a summer contest

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44468 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

While I am interested in Summer Heat, I wouldn't be able to enter.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44469 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

I've had a tendancy to sort of forget about the summer/winter contests recently, but I'll try and finish my eurofighter so I can do it. I'm sure others would become interested too after seeing an announcement for it, especially since it is summer break now and not just like two weeks of break like for winter.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 07 June 2017 - 09:24 AM.

39751.png

#44470 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Oh, what the hay. I'll do Summer Heat. 
Edit: GUYS. Just watch! :o 

Edited by SCM, 07 June 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44471 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

I would enter!

I feel like a lot of people tend to say they will compete but just get to lazy to build anything, which really is a shame.

I've acually already started a project so I have no excuse not to enter.

#44472 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

I would definitely consider entering - I've got a lot more time to build this year. Only thing would be what the rules are, as I've got a few projects planned it don't know if they would fit in with the rules.

#44473 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

Deconstruction is going smoothly. Now I only have part of the Norwegian bowtie, the c-roll, the inclined loop, the corkscrew, and the launch to take down. I estimate it will only take 5 more days and it will have ended up with 9k pieces. Now that the station is down, there's really nothing too heavy left. Second thing: I had a nightmare last night. I was at work. A young couple came in, asked for a booth, and I got the menus and silverware for them, as always. "Follow me, your table awaits." When I turned around, there was an old woman wearing a black robe. Her long, gray hair touched the floor with another foot to spare. She was hunched down, with a twisted, dark wood cane holding her up. She was facing the ground.  I was a little creeped out, not by her appearance but how she came out of nowhere. "Please excuse us," I told her. She looked up at me. She didn't have eyes or a nose, all she had was a smile. She let out this creepy breathing. At this point, I was starting to get scared. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. "How do you not see her!?" It turns out, I was the only one that could see her. I resumed my job. It kept happening again and again; I would be ready to seat a customer only for another entity like the old woman to appear in front of me. It actually did get to me. On the last part of the dream, I could only walk a few steps at a time before seeing each spirit. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44474 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

The show "Impossible Engineering" on the Science Channel has a new episode tonight (9PM EST, not sure about other time zones) on roller coasters, specifically Kinga Ka.

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 08 June 2017 - 12:51 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44475 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

How was the episode?

#44476 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

Damn, I forgot I wanted to watch that. Do they re-run new episodes of this show the next week or something like that? I watched a show thaf talked about The Voyage at Holiday World at a hotel 3 years ago and it was pretty interesting.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 10 June 2017 - 01:19 PM.

39751.png

#44477 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

I would probably enter summer heat. But I still have to finish my zacspin, unless it somehow qualifies for the contest...

#44478 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

It was very windy today...

Attached File  IMG_0150.JPG   275.16KB   1 downloads

Well shit.

• Spaghetti and sean9782 like this

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44479 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Thats a very interesting way to get the train momentem. A sideways lift that has no elevation change. How does it work? Please explain it could save me a lot of pieces on my next coaster.

And how does it jump from the lift to the drop! The track doesn't even connect! You my friend are a knex genius!

That really sucks though. Hope there isnt too much damage. Maybe some guide ropes next time to help keep it up.

#44480 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Yeah. I think the lift box structure bent the supports as it swayed and then just buckled. I don't think there are any broken pieces so it's just a case of manouvering it back up but a bit annoying nonetheless.

Edited by CW5X, 11 June 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum