Templar

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#61 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

thanks that thing took me an hour to get right while comparing with pictures of batman. In other news, drop construction is going on now and big support columns have to go in place because the drop comes so far out from the last support column that the whole structure will sag soon. After the drop I'm going to have to cut down on my yellow rod use. I have a lot left, but at this rate they will deplete pretty quickly. I might switch to red rod width supports. I will have pics later today when the drop is done.

Posted Image

#62 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

wait is it going to be a batman drop or an alpengiest drop? anyway can't wait for an update and the lift looks like it won't shake when the coaster goes through the drop at all. keep up the good work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#63 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

^I think he was using batman as a guide for the lift.
Ephy, that lift is great. not much improvement needed that I see so far with anything :tmbs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#64 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

That's looking so familiar. :D

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#65 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Absolutely the most realistic and coolest lift i've seen, especially for an inverted coaster.

you should do a loop, immleman, the zero-g into some turns and interlocking corks. that would be the sweetest design IMO.

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#66 Garth

Garth

Originally known as GarKD

• 2001 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

Stop suggesting shit ok? Every time I read a thread I can expect some person to suggest either, loop, immelmann, cobra roll, etc. One of those common elements. If you're going to suggest something, please, read his post first...

Nothing to change... I'm with Gump on this one though :)

-Garth:gunsf

Posted Image

#67 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Garth, you need to calm the heck down. You were WAY WORSE than he is when you first joined. You pissed off a ton of people. Him suggesting a couple elements, or even a layout, is nothing to freak out about. Just becasue he is suggesting something, doesn't take anything away from the coaster or the thread. THINK before you post next time.

-PS56:king

Having fun at other people's expense

#68 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

PS56; you haven't been here in a while, so you don't know about our n00b infestation or what Garth has acted like lately. It is getting pretty ridiculous that people can't read that he has a layout planned already.

As everybody has said, I love the supports. The stairs look great too. What made you decide to put the station on a 45 degree angle to the lifthill? I can't wait to see the rest of this.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#69 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

back on topic. How tall will the loop be, ephy? ...or will I have to wait until the wee hours of the morning?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#70 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Well the drop has been a real pain. This must be like my 4th time redoing it so construction is definitely slowed. But I came up with a way to do it and I compared to
2chillers' taranis so now I am making progress. As for the station on an angle, I just wanted to make sure I have enough room for a good brake run and a nice finish for the track. The loop will be as tall as I can make it so the train just clears. It will most likely be very tall though, around 5ft area.

Posted Image

#71 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

wow a 5foot loop would be tough to make and be very piece consuming but you have a ton of peices so you should be good. can't wait for pics of the drop!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#72 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

^hey, you tell me. Pterodactyl ate pieces like a starving hobo at a thanksgiving table, and that was 6'5". That's the main reason why it was so crappy

Looking really good. Can't wait for another update!

#73 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

STOP MAKING ME WANT TO BUILD AGAIN!

No really, looks fantastic. Kinda makes me want to do another small coasters...but i've yet to finish my current one's theming and whatnot...

Looking forward to seeing the drop...beemer drops are always really tough.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#74 KCB Designs

KCB Designs

Ride the Lighting!

• 1048 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

can't wait to see this one finished, his coasters are the best i've ever seen

#75 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:13 AM

Well I'm ending my day of building with bad news. I totally scrapped the drop again so it's back to just the crest and an extra support column. This is really difficult to do smoothly since you have to consider change of direction in 3-d over a large vertical distance. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Sorry. It's also not looking to good for completion this week so if it doesn't get done, I end school around mid april and I guess construction will resume around that time.

Posted Image

#76 eliavlevy

eliavlevy

Long time, no build. :\

• 950 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

Aww... Well, thats not too far... :)

Why can't you build during school?

Posted Image
Thanks CC10

#77 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

oooooooo, im really excited! that Alpengeist drop will look SICK man, this whole roller coaster is gonna be awesome! minebuster was kool too tho...BYE minebuster! Hello Templar!

#78 WillCoasterKid

WillCoasterKid

SSC Guitar Hero

• 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:58 AM

I'm not one to talk, but please use grammar.

anywayz, ephy, what i do is build the drop first with no flexis, bare supports and stuff, shape it, and gradually add more to get it right.
just a suggestion and i dont expect you to use it. B)
-wck-

Posted Image
^cheers cc10^
Coasters Made:
Time Thunder
Rage
Storm Runner
Implosion (canceled)

#79 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

anywayz, ephy, what i do is build the drop first with no flexis, bare supports and stuff, shape it, and gradually add more to get it right.

I usually connect center tubing to the existing track and connect crossties to that tubing. Then I shape this and determine where to place supports. Once supports have been placed, I shape the track (only crossties and center tubing) again and add flexi-rods. I connect this track to the support with temporary connections, add more tubing, add more supports and then make permanent connections to the supports.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#80 WillCoasterKid

WillCoasterKid

SSC Guitar Hero

• 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

^ the masters approach. :)

Posted Image
^cheers cc10^