cedar point

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

I have a chance at going to Cedar Point this year, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their trip there, what to do and what not to do. PLEASE RESPOND! I really wanna hear about other members trips. And provide pictures, maybe if you have any. Thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#2 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Theres not much to say man... its the best park in the world. Home to some of the most well known thrillers such as Millennium Force and Maverick.

In saying that, you basicly get an idea of your trip. In being the best park, you will most likely have to wait in some decent sized lines. In my trip in June, I waited three hours for Millennium Force (which is WELL worth the wait, everyone knows my opinion on the ride) and I also waited a good hour for Maverick in the morning an hour before the park opened to the public.

The great thing about Cedar Point is, it has SO many rides to choose from. Out of the 17 roller coasters, not every single one is going to be packed with people, so you can get on some of the less thrilling rides many times.

I will leave the rest for a veteran, seeing that I have only been there twice. But both times have been the best trips to any park ever. Hope this helps a little bit. Im sure you will have a great time.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#3 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

I went to Cedar Point 3 times on 07 and i have some tips.
1.try to get there as early as posible and if you can stay overnight at the hotel there because you get in an hour early:)
2.Only ride Maverick in the front it is well worth the extra wait which isn't much at the top(you'll see what i mean)
3.Ride Top Thrill Dragster in the front at least once.
4.What ever ride you liked most get in line for about 5 min. before the park closes so you get to ride and sence everything is closed when you get off its worth waiting for the front.
5.Be carful about rideing MaXair it looks fun but is very sickening and can give you a headache which will make the rest of your day not very fun.
6.DO NOT ride Mean Streak it is unbearably bumpy the whole ride.
7.Try to go as late in the year as you can(around October Weekends)there are almost no lines!(i walked on Millenium Force)
8.Plan ahead about what you want to do so you don't waste time.
Other then these rules i try to follow i say do what you want and try to take my advise because i've been to Cedar Point at least 7 times.(3 last year)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#4 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

6.DO NOT ride Mean Streak it is unbearably bumpy the whole ride.

Are you saying he should skip a coaster?????

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#5 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

^sadly yes the coaster is just plan torture you bump up and down more then you go up and down the hills. If it was smooth it would be good but it is like bump-bump-bump the whole ride and you don't notice the ride because it hurts so bad but if he wants to posibly get hurt be my guest and at one point you can posibly reach out and touch the supports(its a wooden coaster)and posibly rip off your arm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper

#6 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

^^^THANK YOU!!!!!! But, you make me jealous-7 times!!!??? lucky you.

Could you write a trip report maybe? Short or long, whatever:) Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

With MaXair, it's what you can and can't tolerate. I love Delirium at KI because I can tolerate it. I see the Huss Giant Frisbee as one of the best flat rides out there.

With Mean Streak, same thing. I love woodies and can handle the shaking and rattling.

Wicked Twister is a lot more fun than it looks. Same with Blue Streak and Gemini.

Try to go through the park in a circle(s), it is a huge park and it will save you a lot of walking.

Yeah, try to get a hotel at the park for early admission.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#8 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Silentninja and Sirchubs said it all. Do the park in circles. It's a lot easier. Some tips:

1. Start either at Magnum or Millennium Force and work your way around the back from there.

2. Skyhawk is not worth it. The cycle isn't long enough. I timed both maXair and Skyhawk, which came up at 1 minute, 1 second, and maXair ended up being a minute and a half longer.

3. Mean Streak is hit or miss. This year, I've had polar opposite rides during two consecutive trips. It runs better earlier in the season though.

4. Gemini and Magnum are hidden gems. They must be on your list.

5. The best time to ride Raptor is in between 1 and 3 PM.

6. Don't even bother with Disaster Transport, it's just terrible.

7. Stay as late as you possibly can to ride as many rides as possible.

8. For a first ride, Maverick is worth waiting a full queue, and it should be at the top of your must ride list. Millennium Force is worth an hour and a half wait for a first ride. TTD is hit or miss with the wait times, but the longest I saw it last summer was 45 minutes, so it shouldn't be too bad. It doesn't matter where you sit because each seat gives a similar thrill.

9. Avoid Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, unless your spending the night. On Sundays, I can do the whole park in about 7 hours.

10. Some good places to eat at are Famous Daves(outside park), Panda Express, Midway Market, and Game Day Grille.

plan it out carefully so you can have as much fun as possible. Bring a camera too. You'll want to savor the day because it will be one of the best.

Last summer I went to CP 7 times and I hope to go at least 10 this summer.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#9 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

^dude you went more times in a summer then i went in my life. But with TTD i say sit in the front at least once because you get all the wind in your face and a clear view of the christmas tree lights. I also agree with you about Gemini, Magnum and Disaster Transport.
CAC Silent Ninja is right about MaXair it is what you can tolerate as well as Mean Streak whats knida scary about Mean Streak is that it seems like your half way down the drop before you gain any speed. Oh and just be careful with Mantis because it puts a lot a G's on your legs but if you can tolerate it its a great coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#10 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

I want to put this out there...Raptor was the most disappointing ride I have ever been on.

I would really like someone to explain what makes it so much better than any other B&M invert out there, because many ethusiasts claim it to be the best.

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#11 PrincessPriscy

PrincessPriscy

CP's where I wana be!!!

• 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Oh yeah, I wanna go really soon to Cedar Point! A trip report would be really useful.

#12 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

www.sscoasters.net/forum/cp_6_3-t5783.html

www.sscoasters.net/forum/cp_opening_weekend-t5722.html

There's two of mine from 07. I'll do another one for Opening day 08.

Sirchubs; I agree with you. Although Raptor is a great ride, it definitely isn't the best. It definitely isn't disappointing though. I guess it just depends on opinion. For one, I thought Riddler's Revenge was horrible, but everybody likes it.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#13 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

Damn laptop...

Posted Image

#14 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

When I was there on a sunday, it was not crowded at all. One of the workers told us it's because the area is very religious and the locals are in church most of the day. Can anyone conform this?
^Edit: Nice

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#15 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

Sweet! I'll try to go on sunday then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#16 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:38 PM

I honestly think TTD in the front seat is better than everything else at CP. Never thought I'd say it though. It's just insane.

Posted Image

#17 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

^Yeah. I like how you are supported by the harnesses. They make you feel more free. Kingda ka's make you feel locked up, taking away the fun of the ride. How about TTD at night?

Thanks for the great tips everyone!
-CAC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#18 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:42 AM

^yes it is insane at night but if you do it at night you must do it in the front it is one hell of a view.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#19 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

My favorite experience there was front row of MF at night... I had a collage of bugs on my shirt when I was done. It was awesome.

#20 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get the experience this last Halloweekends, but 2006 Halloweekends, I got to experience MF at night. The whole first part of the ride is full of smoke from Fright Zone. There's nothing like dropping down into smoke at 80 degrees. Maverick at night is another great experience too. The lights in the tunnel look so much brighter. One of the best parts is the flash from the on ride photo. It stuns you for a few seconds, until you're thrown into the first Stengel dive.

Speaking of night rides, Mean Streak usually doesn't have the trims on at night. The ride without the trims is so much better. Magnum is another great ride at night. Going up the third hill, your staring right at the Big Dipper. On the return trip, you can see the lights from Cleveland.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cedar point