eurofighter launch special steelspectrum

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

I am currently booking a trip to SFoT for the 5th of December this year. I was just wondering what I should be expecting and some tips that may help me at all. Tips not only for in the park, but for food and all that other fun stuff.

My personal feelings about the park right now are great. I am expecting to have a great time on Titan, The Judge, Shockwave, and The Texas Giant. For anyone who may not know by now, I enjoy rough ass rides (aka I will like the Texas Giant).

So anything at all you would like to share would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Chubs

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

Well, at December 5th you should expect a lot of speculaas and kruidnoten. ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Finally a time when I get to talk about my park,

I'm pretty sure the 5th still has school in Texas, so expect very short lines, especially for the time of year. Don't go to shockwave as the first ride of the day, I've gotten over 20 rides on it on summer days, so it won't make a difference when you ride it. Mr Freeze is probably one of the longer lines in the park, so if you haven't ridden one of them try to get that done early.
--Titan has good and bad days for lines, most of the days I go, Sundays and Mondays, have very short lines and a walk on all day. Try to get the back or the front on it, but both have a good 4 seconds of airtime on the floater hill. The rest of the ride is kind of boring after you ride it a lot, two black out helices and a few turns.
--I've had good and bad rides on Texas Giant, one day I took a front seat and it was fine, then we rode later in the second row of the front car and it was terrible. The dive out of the MCBR is probably the best part of the ride though, in the back seat.
--Judge Roy Scream seems to have gotten worse through the season, I went from riding it 10 times in a row without getting out of the train, to not even caring to ride it. In the beginning of the season, it gave atleast 15 seconds of airtime through the ride, but around July I didn't get any. With the lapbars 2 stacked fist heights away from me.
--Shockwave never has a line for any seat, all day, giving me atleast 100 rides on it this season. The front seat has good airtime into the "MCBR" and great airtime on the airtime hill towards the end. The back seat gives good airtime on every drop. The ride ops barely care about your restraint, and I've something gotten close to 3 stacked fist heights of distance from my lap bar.
--The power towers line can sometimes get long, but probably wont be for you. It's something I just started riding a lot recently, usually 5 times per trip.
--Just for some fun things to do, the mini mine train goes within Mr Freeze's layout, giving some good views and pictures on it. The bigger mine train also goes near Mr Freeze, giving a good view up the top hat. Any place selling food will usually give you free cups of water, so if you don't want to spend money that's how to get something to drink.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll probably post here again after my Thanks Giving break trip with things I forgot to say. If you have any questions about anything at all I should be able to answer them.

Will you be there on the 6th too?

Here's just a few of the hundreds of pictures I have,

Titan on a Sunday Morning,
Posted Image

Minnows behind Panda Express,
Posted Image

Shockwave empty train,
Posted Image

Shockwave no line,
Posted Image

Empty Park,
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

How about a suggested order of the rides, what seats, and rating... well I mean if you want. I like sharing about my home park but what you gave me already is great. Thanks man.

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#5 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

One suggestion is to ride titan first to get your juice jumping. Ride it in the back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Woah what the hell... has Mr. Freeze been closed for awhile? Please answer I was looking forward to riding it.

#7 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Not that I knew of, where did you hear it from?

I'll be going to Over Texas probably twice of Thanksgiving break, If you want any pictures/reviews or anything else, I'll be able to get it while I'm there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 CuteLittleBunny23

CuteLittleBunny23

CLB23

• 562 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hey Chubs, I have done everything that Coaster55 has done also. SFOT is a fun park for the first couple times Lol. We go there too often it seems but anyway if you didnt see the post i made a while ago in one of our trip reports theres this thing we do to get more airtime on coasters. Its called fisting, we basicly stack our fists on our lap and put the restraint to about 2 fists. (Careless tired lazy ride-opps usually dont care) And try to hide it by sitting forward in your chair.

Anyway, when you first go head to Titan for a front seat then take a back seat.
Then go to Texas Giant for a ride if you like pain.
Then make your way back across the park (take a left out of the exit) till you get to shockwave and get some rides experimenting the different seats front and back. Then keep the left side and work backwards from Superman, to Mr.freeze then Batman then Judge Roy Scream.

Things that we like to do after we get tired is go behind Panda Express (next to the giant orangish red tower thats 300ft.) and feed the minnows in the small pond. We also like to mess with ride ops and random people by pretending to barf and throwing random stuff and spas out. Tell us if you see our Ride op bud, Mark. We were sitting down by Panda and we saw A ride op burst out of the employees only door wearing his pants about shoulder height and asked us if we wanted to go ride and we said yes but he was kidding.

So right as you get in the park, take a right. (completely avoid the left side) And just walk to the back where Titan is. You can get to Titan faster by taking a left but by going to the right you can get used to the path which has all the coasters. Keep on the same path on the right it will eventually take you to Titan. (Titan is in the back left)

Questions Comments?

NTAG-SheiKra!-S:K:C-Montu-Kraken-Titan-Kumba-Renegade-SBRBP-Mr.Freeze

Posted Image

VULCAN

#9 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

^^Check out Sixflags.com/overtexas and go to thrills and click on Mr. Freeze. It says "Temporarily Closed".

No thank you very much. It sounds pretty fun. What is the best seat of the best ride in the whole park? Also, what about Superman?

#10 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

One suggestion is to ride titan first to get your juice jumping. Ride it in the back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Woah what the hell... has Mr. Freeze been closed for awhile? Please answer I was looking forward to riding it.

#12 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Not that I knew of, where did you hear it from?

I'll be going to Over Texas probably twice of Thanksgiving break, If you want any pictures/reviews or anything else, I'll be able to get it while I'm there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 CuteLittleBunny23

CuteLittleBunny23

CLB23

• 562 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hey Chubs, I have done everything that Coaster55 has done also. SFOT is a fun park for the first couple times Lol. We go there too often it seems but anyway if you didnt see the post i made a while ago in one of our trip reports theres this thing we do to get more airtime on coasters. Its called fisting, we basicly stack our fists on our lap and put the restraint to about 2 fists. (Careless tired lazy ride-opps usually dont care) And try to hide it by sitting forward in your chair.

Anyway, when you first go head to Titan for a front seat then take a back seat.
Then go to Texas Giant for a ride if you like pain.
Then make your way back across the park (take a left out of the exit) till you get to shockwave and get some rides experimenting the different seats front and back. Then keep the left side and work backwards from Superman, to Mr.freeze then Batman then Judge Roy Scream.

Things that we like to do after we get tired is go behind Panda Express (next to the giant orangish red tower thats 300ft.) and feed the minnows in the small pond. We also like to mess with ride ops and random people by pretending to barf and throwing random stuff and spas out. Tell us if you see our Ride op bud, Mark. We were sitting down by Panda and we saw A ride op burst out of the employees only door wearing his pants about shoulder height and asked us if we wanted to go ride and we said yes but he was kidding.

So right as you get in the park, take a right. (completely avoid the left side) And just walk to the back where Titan is. You can get to Titan faster by taking a left but by going to the right you can get used to the path which has all the coasters. Keep on the same path on the right it will eventually take you to Titan. (Titan is in the back left)

Questions Comments?

NTAG-SheiKra!-S:K:C-Montu-Kraken-Titan-Kumba-Renegade-SBRBP-Mr.Freeze

Posted Image

VULCAN

#14 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

^^Check out Sixflags.com/overtexas and go to thrills and click on Mr. Freeze. It says "Temporarily Closed".

No thank you very much. It sounds pretty fun. What is the best seat of the best ride in the whole park? Also, what about Superman?

#15 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

I swear to God, if this website is telling me the truth then I am going to kick someone in the face.

www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/ThrillRides.aspx

Please tell me that these things will open or else I am going to be pissed. I just booked it two days ago

#16 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

That's strange that they've closed those rides.. Three of them, B:TR, Mr. Freeze, and Flashback, are all in the same area of the park. Texas giant is on the other side of the park, though.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, so I'll try to find out why they are closed if they still are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

I was at Six Flags Over Texas yesterday, the whole Gotham City area of the park, and flashback, was blocked off by a fence. Texas giant had a sign in front of it saying it was closed due to colder weather, same with the observation tower.

Gotham City might be closed to hold things for a parade or something like that and not due to weather, but I wasn't able to find out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eurofighter, launch, special, steelspectrum