ball big tower ~g3n3roo2256!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

After I finish my eurofighter, I will do A huge ball tower that will go in my room it is gonna be sweet! Im not going to do the amusment park becasue I like this project better. and elements you guys thinks I should put in it?

~G3n3roO2256~

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^
[SS Inverted Launched] Triton:http://www.sscoaster...d-launch-10703/

#2 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

do you have experience with ball towers. i think they are very hard to do...

good luck though. i hope you can prove me wrong when i say i'm not sure about this.

(this should be in other theme park rides i think)

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

yeah, i'm moving this to other theme park rides. It's better suited there.

Also, be careful to not use too much SS track...i learned the hard way that the while the balls fit on the track, they hit every crosstie and lose lots of speed. If you have an original style track i'd recommend using that instead, as it doesn't interfere with the ball.

And as for elements, make sure you have a lot of things that are gravity triggered, i.e. arms that fall when the ball falls on top and drop the ball into another element, etc. Be creative. The only limit you have is your imagination. Maybe look at some rube goldberg machines on youtube for some inspiration.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#4 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

ok. I was thinking about the track. How much does the old tubing cost becasue I dont have that much of it. Iam thinking of making this.

Transfer track

2 loops ( not in a row )

and 1 or 2 arms

cant think about anything else anything else?

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^

#5 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Dude, if this is your first custom--let alone your first altogether--ball tower, you should definitely start out small. Don't even think about building something of that size. Make it no higher than 3.5 feet, no wider/longer than 2 feet, use a half loop if you need an inversion, and don't even try to mount a ball arm. I tried it once on one of my earliest ball towers. Let me assure you of this--Glacier was the second time I ever used one, and that was after finding a type of support mechanism that worked for it. I'm still not about to use them again, though.

I made about 10 ball towers before Dynamo, and Trainman made about that many before -xXxXx-, so unless you've had some massive experience with ball towers (And remember, this is all coming from a guy who has had that kind of experience), don't try anything out of the boundaries I advised for you. Trust me, it will be much easier to build, you'll be more likely to complete it, and then you can prove you actually did something. You don't get lasting hosannas for getting halfway done with a ball machine and then canceling it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#6 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

well I have some experiance with ball towers. (made 4 before sscoasters). Dont have any pics because they are on my old comp wich we threw away. Any element suggestions

I have

Half loop

transfer track

2 loops

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^

#7 KCM14

KCM14

Architect

• 382 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

a spiral, turning stair case idk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cc10

#8 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

well I have some experiance with ball towers. (made 4 before sscoasters). Dont have any pics because they are on my old comp wich we threw away. Any element suggestions

I have

Half loop (Okay)

transfer track (This is a ball tower, not a coaster. You don't do transfer tracks in ball towers, simply because they're completely unnecessary.)

2 loops (Nah, do something else.)

My comments are in bold. For other elements, I advise you look at the pictures of some of mine and see what I've used, and try some of those. The two exceptions are any whole loops (Trust me, I was on approximately my 7th when I started using them, and they're harder than plain half loops.) and the trampolines. They are hideously complicated to work with and only useful when you have to add something in front of or behind another element and some kind of basket or basket-like object right next to them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#9 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

ok I will look at your ball towers.

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ball, big, tower, ~g3n3roo2256!