innovation invention rightwaytrey steel steelway

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

This is basically the same as the longest thread. Feel free to discuss anything here.

#2 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

Anything that relates to the company...

Please post anything that you think would be useful for coasters. Things that our company could work on.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

I was thinking of making a Deja Vu recreation next. I had a different one that I was planning to do next, but I think I'll try Deja Vu first.
I've had a little experience with launches which might help...but I'll make a thread for it and post pics once I start it so people (mostly you, RWT) can help me.

Then maybe I can patent the reverse lifts if they're good enough.

#4 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

^Don't feel like you have to build it first just for the company. Sounds cool anyway.

Sometime I want to make an automatic rubber band launch. The jesper launch would probably be best. I have an idea that a drill would pull the chain back. Then a motor would move a gear that connects the drill to chain so that the drill is no longer engaged on the chain. The same motor which moved the gear would trigger the launch and then move the gear back in place. If you don't get it I can draw a picture or something.

Posted Image

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

^ I was thinking the same thing...and I bought some surgical tubing for it too. That would be really cool if either of us made one...

I was just thinking of doing some experimenting before making my next coaster. I probably won't recreate Deja Vu 8D

I jost noticed, our company name is wrong. It says Innovations instead of Inventions.

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Sorry for DP, but I have an idea:

Shamu talked about companies 'partnering' to collaberate, and possibly work together on one project. This might be neat if we could work with a Ride Design company to help invent a new ride design.

It would also be neat if our company could work on a single project as a whole group.

For example, both RWT and I are thinking of making an automatically-resetting rubber band launch. We could both compare ideas and come up with a really good design.

Just a thought I had...

#7 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

so here are my vv track strengtheners

friction brakes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
as you can see i am not done putting the track on. i am hoping the train will make it.

as for the 4d track it has to be remade because i tore it down a couple months ago but i still remember how to make it.

Posted Image

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

^ Sounds nice. Can't wait to see it when once you finish!

I am attempting to design an automatically resetting rubber band launch:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm thinking it's going to be similar to Jesper's launch, but slightly different in how it works (besides automaically resetting).
I would love to hear any comments/suggestions you guys could throw at me...

#9 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

It looks good. I think the easiest way to move those gears back and forth would be to put a gray rod on the middle gears. Then build a rotating arm hooked up to an automatic switch that moves a rod back and forth like the one on my automatic station gates.

What's the motor your using?

Make sure resize the pics to the right size. It took my incredibly slow internet (I'm not at home) literally 5 minutes to load them. You need to resize your pics to Franko.

Posted Image

#10 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Wow this looks amazing i but how do you stop the motor from spinning after i pulls the launch all the way back the only whey i see you could do this is if you had a lago mind storm could you post some picks once you have the mechanism done i really want to see it.

By the way who are the people that are in this company so far?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#11 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

^ Thanks. And I think it would be possible with just Knex motors.

I think so far it's me, RWT, bigbuilder145, Franko, coasterfanatic11, and maybe someone else...

#12 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

^Ill have to see it to believe it (Jk I'm shore you'll pull it off) and 'cause we have this company stuff dose it mean that we can't see peoples coasters in progress besides in our company or freelance.
EDIT: where do you guys get those plug in the wall motors that you have in those pics...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

^ I jacked my motor from a broken RC hovercraft and glued a knex gear to it. Then I took a ad/dc converter from a train set and attached it to the motor.

And there's not that many knex motors that need to run to make the launch work...one to turn the motor on, one to move the gears, and one to lock/unlock the chain.
You'll get it once I make it.

#14 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

DP, but I have some sigs made:

Posted Image

This one is 450 pixels wide, and should work for RightWayTrey and DDRman:
[@IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/roneill_photos/SteelWayInventions450.jpg[/IMG]

This one is 500 pixels wide, and should be the right size for bigbuiler145 and coasterfinatic11.
[@IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/roneill_photos/SteelWayInventions500.jpg[/IMG]

This one is 506 pixels wide, and should work for Franko:
[@IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/roneill_photos/SteelWayInventions506.jpg[/IMG]

This one is 596 pixels wide and should work for me:
[@IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/roneill_photos/SteelWayInventions596sees.jpg[/IMG]

Just copy and paste the IMG code into your sig, and remove the @ at the beginning.

#15 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

Thank You steelspectrum!!!
They look great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

My sig is a little long, can you fix it?

Also for the 4d track I am going to post a tut(in our meeting room of course) and I am going to need all the help i can get to work out the problems and make the cars as small as I can weather they rotate or not.

Posted Image

#17 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

^ You could try the 500 pixel sig...I think SSC resized yours when you uploaded it.

#18 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hey guys. What's I miss?

#19 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Nice to see that you joined DDRman I was wondering who would be next.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

^ You could try the 500 pixel sig...I think SSC resized yours when you uploaded it.

I did try the 500 pixel sig and its still too long

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: innovation, invention, rightwaytrey, steel, steelway