innovation invention rightwaytrey steel steelway

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#41 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm still working on my boomerang recreation...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#42 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Cool! I just finished my launch, and I might think about a new braking system for my launched coaster.

#43 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

Gonna chop up my coaster this evening and store it till next week, then I will get back building.

They need the room it is currently housed in.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

sorry i haven't been on much... all my knex are at my grandmas house which i go to every other weekend. last weekend i skipped going because it is boring as hell over there besides no-limits and knex. don't worry i am still working on that 4-d track which i proving to be way harder then last time i made it.also i finished my coaster and i am working on the theming. (yes i know my spelling is kind of bad so bear with me)

Posted Image

#45 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

I got sick of turning on a bunch of motors for my tire drives. So I made a tire drive that the train turns on!

Basically I just made an automatic switch with a rod from the motor sticking into part of the track, so that a tire drive can be put on it. The track can be as low as one white rod with this switch, instead of a granite rod.

Posted Image
All those green connectors are there just because I ran out of spacers.

Posted Image

I messed around a lot with how the train hits the switch. I finally ended up snapping a granite rod into the train. That's the only way I could get it to work, and that way the switch only hits the first car.
Posted Image

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to put it on the corkscrew because I'm out of gears, the base rod is different, and I'm using tubes. I'll use it on future coasters for sure, though.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#46 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

^ That looks cool. I also had to snap a rod into the train like that on Vertigo...it doesn't look very nice, but it works. Do they turn off too?

#47 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hey guys, I just posted a new thread about my newest coaster, a B&M standup. I'm using hinge joints on the lift to make the lift whatever angle I want...and some people said that that has never been done before. If this is true, would it be a good idea to trademark it?

#48 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

^You're not the first, I beat you to it. I did that on my first coaster (a coaster with tiny, death pull-outs :P).
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can still trademark it, I think that's a good idea. There's more of a reason to do it since two of us thought of it. ;)

Posted Image

#49 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Didn't you do it on that weight propelled coaster too?

I'm pretty sure you're not the first, maybe it was Gump who used it on Speed'o'fear.

#50 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

^ Yeah I used it on Eclipse, my first coaster on this site (which I cancelled). And also SoF was tube-supported, so it doesn't really count :) So are you saying that we should patent it?

Oh, and iam2fast4u wants to join.

#51 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

^I’m fine with him joining he is still a noob when it comes to building skill but i see some potential in him

Hay I have some bad news I am going to have to cancel boomerang because I just broke my arm, were I am building is too cramped and I think that this coaster is just too fare above my skill level so I lost interest really fast, Sorry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#52 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

http://www.sscoaster...reports-q-9348/

I need to post our progress report, so I would like anyone who has been working on something to update it.

Franko: How's that VV track strengthener coming along? Could you post some more pics if you have gotten any farther on it?

Maxlaam: I would like you to post some more pics of those block breaks, even if you haven't added anything.

Everyone else:

I would love to see at least one thing from each member sometime soon...doesn't have to be anything big, but I just was hoping to see a little more activity, or at least get some started.

I agree, you can even just come up with an idea for something, and we can help you with it, or I can try to build something from you're idea.

Posted Image

#53 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

^ Those progress reports were due on June 10...
But still, I would like to see something from each member, even if it's just a little idea. Right now, it would be nice to hear from each member on how far you are on each project, or other projects you have already completed. If you're not working on a project right now, that's okay, but you can still post some ideas you might have.

Well I'll start:

So far I made a cable launch for Stealth, a chain launch for Magnum, and I might make some new brakes for a blitzcoaster I'm just starting.

#54 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Well so far my track strengtheners are doing good I just started a small looper to demonstrate it, all I need now is a drop and lift. Btw I'm on my new iPod touch I got for my middle school graduation.

Posted Image

#55 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

^ Cool! Can't wait to see how it works out.

#56 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

My first attempt for an automatic station (the first add on to rwt's station gates and at a totally automatic station) but was just too un-predictable for the final vid... but I did get it to work a couple of times…
station test video by bigbuilder145 - Photobucket
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

I'm getting about 2 PM's a week from people that want to join our company.

#58 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

^lol. How many employees do you think we should have at maximum?

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#59 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

I don't know...anyone who is especially inventive and can truly benefit our company should be hired (IMO) so there's no set limit.

#60 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

ok so its been a while since ive been to my grandmas house so a lot has changed. first, that small looper i am building is no longer a looper, its a shuttle looper. it will launch using a modified jesper launch for vv track then drop into a loop then up a spike then back down into the loop then back up to the station, pics.
Posted Image
sorry for the blurry pictures
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and about the 4d track, its verry hard to make so dont expect that for a while.

edit: oh my 100th post cool!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: innovation, invention, rightwaytrey, steel, steelway