innovation invention rightwaytrey steel steelway

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#61 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

^ Looks cool. It'll have to go kinda fast through the loop the first time to make it through the second time though :/

Oh, and with my shuttle launched coaster...I was thinking of breaking the record for the tallest loop with it, since it would be fairly easy.

#62 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

^^ The launch would need to be really fast, and it seems like there would be a ton of negative g's going down the drop so fast. Also it would need tons of extra speed going backward through the loop to get back up the drop. I think you should lower the launch/station and make the drop less steep to reduce negative g's.

^ Do you know how high the current record is?
Will you use my idea of making the spike lift faster and have the chain dog hit a stationary chain at the top of the spike?

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#63 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

^ hmmm your right ill fix that right now thanks.

Posted Image

#64 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

Actually, now I'm rethinking that record loop idea. The current record is 8 feet by some coaster Gump made a while ago (but never finished). I think I'll probably just stick with about the same height as before.

^^ No, I'm not going to make a lift on the spike. I'll have some stationary chain at the top of the spike to push the chain dog up, but there won't be any moving chain to pull it up.

#65 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

yay, i finished my shuttle looper.
i was wondering if i should try making a lift spike because the train goes way too fast through the loop in order to come back. it will be very hard though because the chain dog has a spring making it stick up. also i want to make the launch have breaks when it comes back but i might need help doing that.
ill get pics up later today.

Posted Image

#66 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

I'll just say that making a lift on the spike is VERY hard...

I'll probably make the loop for my shuttle looper today.

#67 Franko

Franko

crossfire!!!

• 204 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

i have a good idea for the spike lift but i would have to reset it every time, i dont think its worth it.

edit: i have pics of it finished, it worked for 5 launches then the rubberbands broke :( i tied them back together and i barely makes the loop.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:10 AM

That is really awesome for a VV. Good luck with the spike lift idea.

I'm going to have to try and make something soon; I just can't decide what...[sigh]

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#69 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

^^ That's awesome! I hope you get the lift to work.

#70 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

I think everyone saw Magnum's launch...it's okay if you didn't. I'm making a tut for it though, and I was wondering if I should make it launch automatically when the car hits a switch, or if it should launch once you flip a switch.
I would much prefer the second one, but I wanted to ask of your opinions first...

#71 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

I think the first one would be much cooler. All the other tuts for launches don't have that and it would make it stand out much more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#72 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Either way. If you do the manual one RWT will just make a way to make it automatic, so it's your choice. (lol) Actually, if you don't want to, I could. Shouldn't be hard.

#73 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

I was just thinking that a completely automatic one would be kind of pointless since you have to reset the launch each time anyway.

#74 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

There it is. The arm that turns it off is really big though, I'm trying to fix that right now.

#75 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:02 AM

Here's a better design:

Posted Image

It's sort of unreliable though...RightWayTrey (or anyone, in fact), feel free to come up with a solution.

#76 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Make the switch longer and have the rotating arm hit it farther up on the switch. That way the arm will slip past the switch easier.

I'd have to say I'd much rather see the train trigger the switch, even if you have to reset it anyway. You can reset it while the train is running the course, but you have to wait to launch it until the train gets to the launch run.
But DDRman is right, I (or he) will make it automatic if you don't. :D

Posted Image

#77 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

I have decided not to make it automatic. The "stock" version (the one I'll make the tutorial for) will have a simple trigger like the Jesper launch. You guys can make it automatic much better than I can, so I'll leave it up to you. I could show how to make it automatic in the tutorial too.

#78 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

I just got this message from nitrodude319.

Hi there could you please make me an automatic dropping floor for a floorless coaster? If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Anybody feel like trying? I'm kinda out of pieces right now. I'll gladly help with ideas on how to get it to work.

He said he needs it by september 10th. Even if he doesn't use it (which is likely), it still would be a good project to work on.

Edit: Oops, I thought he wanted one for a invert or flying coaster this whole time. :P Yeah, a floorless coaster would be hard and seem unnecessary, the SS cars would'nt really work for it.

Posted Image

#79 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

^ I was talking about that with him in the chat room for a really long time today. He and I came up with some awesome ideas for our coasters (Leviathan and his next coaster), but I can't say any of them ;) Maybe I can tell once I am further along in Leviathan.

As for the dropping station floor, it seems kinda pointless to me. I'd rather have automatic station gates and tire drives and whatnot.

#80 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

It's not that hard, I think you can come up with a modified version of my automatic blockbrakes, btw the coaster got destroyed by workers...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: innovation, invention, rightwaytrey, steel, steelway