idiot

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Well, I'm in the middle of working on the SS coaster, but i've got an idea brewing, and I think if I can pull it off it'll be an excellent coaster. I know this will take some time, but i'm not into doing something half-assed, and I don't want to make my first design some po-dunk BS coaster. I'm not into doing things incorrectly so I will need a lot of tips and help from all of you.

I saw the instructions for the "Jesper-Launch" and I really want to make a "Spaghetti Bowl" type of coaster. I am not into making things un-realistic, so I am thinking 3 inversions (1 -boomerang, and 1 corkscrew), and then the rest of the track circling in and around the initial "boomerang". Something like Joker's Jinx (Six Flags America), or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster/Superman the ride (Six Flags Holland). Superman the ride is in fact Rock 'n 'Rollercoaster just outside as opposed to inside (not sure if ya'll knew that).

I know this is going to involve tight turns, tight inversions, and that it's a big task ahead of me, but with ya'lls support I think it can be done.

I know for sure I want the ride to have the 3 inversions, a brake section, and a final small helix before heading back into the station.

What are ya'll thoughts on this? Will 2 SS, and 1 RR be enough track to accomplish, or will I need more?

Posted Image

#2 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Sounds cool...probably need 2ss 1rr and bbf I would guess.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#3 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

BBF? Big Ball factory?

Posted Image

#4 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

Yes...it is an awesome set has like 3000 pieces. Can be found for $40 or less on ebay if you keep an eye out.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#5 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

^^Yes, if you can find one it would be a great thing to pick up. I would probably add another SS in there if you can. So 3 SS, 1 RR, and a BBF. If you can't find a BBF then go with an original coaster set...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#6 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Found one unopened for 40.00 but auction and doesn't end for 5 days.... saw another one buy it now for 50.00, but it says the set is not totally complete, but the pics look like the box is pretty full.... should I wait and try and get the NIB one? How much should i max bid it at? Im not worried about the money, just don't want to pay more than I should if ya know what I mean....

New Knex Big Ball Factory NIB (Retired) - eBay (item 290360905160 end time Oct-24-09 18:14:30 PDT)

Posted Image

#7 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

Grab the incomplete one. It probably has nearly all the pieces. If you wait out on the bid, more than likely it is going to go over 50...

It is up to you though. I wouldn't bid more than 50 if your going to go for the auction one though...

Posted Image

#8 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thank you for your payment
Your payment for US $64.99 has been processed by PayPal. You will receive an email receipt shortly.
View your order details to print a receipt, see estimated shipping times and payment details.

Done, ordered and payed. Hopefully I'll get it pretty soon, and in the meantime I will use what I have.

Posted Image

#9 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

If only I had a job...lol.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#10 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

That is definitely one up-side of having a good job.... spending money.... don't let it be all it is cracked up to be though.... bills suck... end of story haha.

Posted Image

#11 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Well just think of it this way. You and your wife/GF work full time jobs. If you went to college you both probably make something like 50k a year. So you have 100k a year to spend on each other and bills. No kids in the way...

This is the time of life when you have the money to do simple things like this. A couple hundred bucks ain't no big deal here and there...

Edit: beat me to it

Posted Image

#12 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

Well, my gf is still in school, but works a part time job at 20/hour. I make more than 50k a year, but you are spot on about spending money..... a few hundred here or there aint gonna break the bank... it's all relative though.... i have a lot of bills.....haha

Posted Image

#13 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

OK, back on topic, any tips on this, additional ideas that will help out?

Posted Image

#14 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Not really right now. Just get building and if you need help with anything just ask. Once you get pics open a thread in the construction forum on the main part of SSC so everyone can see...

Posted Image

#15 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hope noone is disappointed in me for cancelling my first project. I'm just not that interested in doing it now that i've been seeing what everyone else has been producing. A launched coaster IRL is pretty cool, but even looking at CC10's joker's Jinx it's not all that impressive. Not to mention after dismantling the cobra roll i'm left with barely anything, and it would be so easy to start a new project before I get any further into this one.

Do you guys have anything I could specifically set to work on? I know we are supposed to be an innovations company, would love a project to work on for something we have had trouble making in the past, or something like that.

Posted Image

#16 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Look at the Anything Goes thread. We have posted over ten coasters in there that need to be recreated. We are really trying to get our name out there, and building crazy coasters is how we are going to do it...

Take a look...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#17 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

I wouldn't suggest doing a re-cre as your first coaster. Everybody will be all over you with. "Your too new, you'll give up right away" I suggest doing something small. Very small, like 1 foot tall small. A good example would be my first coaster Hillside: Posted Image
The coaster sucked (although it doesn't look to bad from this angle), but was very small, and it put out there that I'm not a noob who always cancels stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#18 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

He is going to recreate boomerang. Easy shaping. We will help him get it working...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idiot