I think it looks good and I see a few LITLE bumps to
hope you dont cancel this one to like it

-killer-

#22 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

Everyone will propably kill me for saying this but, the green supports that are on the ouside and inside of the turn should be box, not tube, if you want it realistic.
Posted Image
Enter Thunderhead. Se how the supports go outwardthis was the best pic I could find but I hope you get what I mean. Other than that it's AWESOME! I think this one will succeed. Good Luck!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#23 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU TO FRAGGIE.Ok the shaping looks good but there are a few bumps that you can see in the pov other than that it looks great.Keep up the good work fraggie.

i am going to fix the bumps and hopefully post pics tomorrow. Thanks for the comment!

I think it looks good and I see a few LITLE bumps to
hope you dont cancel this one to like it

-killer-

yea, i will fix those bumps, thanks!

Everyone will propably kill me for saying this but, the green supports that are on the ouside and inside of the turn should be box, not tube, if you want it realistic.
Posted Image
Enter Thunderhead. Se how the supports go outwardthis was the best pic I could find but I hope you get what I mean. Other than that it's AWESOME! I think this one will succeed. Good Luck!

well, they are not exactly tube supports or box supports. and i only put a few up now, but when the coaster is finished, i will put more around the turns so it will look more like woodie supports. i just have to make sure i have enough pieces first. Thanks for the comment!

oh and to everyone who said go under the lift supports, im sorry but i cant do that. if i start dropping now, the pullout would be too small in order to make it over the first pullout. so instead, i am having a small air hill then a drop over the first pullout then turning to the right.

#24 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

It looks very nice, a few bumps BUT GET THAT TUBE ON THE SIDE OF THE TURN AWAYplease. Succes with your 3rd attempt, hope this one will turn out great !!

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#25 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

^read what i said above. i am keeping the tubish things but will add more later so they look like boxes.

#26 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

I used those lateral supports on Mammoth as well, and they are very necessary if you don't want your whole coaster to shake. Great work Fragz, you'd better finish this one ;)

#27 Kraken

Kraken

SSC's meme abuser

• 709 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

Looks good Fragz! move on!

Posted Image

#28 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

I used those lateral supports on Mammoth as well, and they are very necessary if you don't want your whole coaster to shake. Great work Fragz, you'd better finish this one ;)

thats where i got them from, and i really hope i finish this one too.

Looks good Fragz! move on!

Thanks you!

i probably wont update until tomorrow afternoon, i have to study for my permit test today then go for it tomorrow morning.

#29 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

^The permit test was really easy for me. I only missed one and it was a statistics question. If you have any common sense you'll passes easily.

On topic. the coaster is looking nice. I really like the pre-drop. can't wait for the next update.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#30 RCExtreme

RCExtreme

Entry Engineer

• 851 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

It looks good, and that sucks that it can't go under the lift supports.

Good luck on the permit test.

#31 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

well i passed my permit test. it was way easier than i thought, i only got one wrong. i hope i can get some building in today. i will update when i finish the hill over the lift

#32 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

Update Time!!!
i finished the helix and made a small hill. i think im gonna have maybe an over bank behind the pre-drop turn? what do you think. any layout suggestions? oh incase you havent seen...it snowed!!! im gonna add a christmas village and some trees too. here are the pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment please, and be harsh. if i get enough comments, i might update again tomorrow.

#33 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

It looks awsome. Head choppers on lift hills FTW.it would be cool in the final video if you could time it so that 2 trains cross each other.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#34 Da_Cool

Da_Cool

Dutch Details employee

• 314 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

go in the supports of the pre drop turn, and do in the lift supports bunny hills or trick track thing like carolina cyclone

Posted Image

^^TanX SteelSpectrum^^
Posted Image
^^Tanx Lazor^^

Top 5
Goliath(WalibiWorld), Loup-Garou(Walibi Belguim), Winjas Fear(Phantasialand), Black Mamba(phantasialand), Xpress(WalibiWorld)

Alton Towers, coming soon summer 2010..

Coaster count '09: 72 Loopings count '09: 73

#35 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Looks very good, the only thing I don't like is the ugly supports that go on either side of the track when it crosses over the lift. I like the overbank idea.

#36 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

ok steel, which do you like better?

with supports
Posted Image

without supports
Posted Image

Please comment!!!

#37 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

The supports look good! This is a nice coaster. Keep up the good work.

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^
[SS Inverted Launched] Triton:http://www.sscoaster...d-launch-10703/

#38 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

The one with supports looks cool, the rest looks very smoth, flowing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#39 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I personnally think you should use that "Jump The Gap" tutorial here, and screw the supports! That would be cool...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#40 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

I like it with the supports on.

There may be some bumps in the helix, but it looks fine otherwise. An overbank would look cool I think, as long as it isn't too banked. Hope this one turns out better than the last two!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fraggie