axela magnetic brakes mega coaster megalite nitroryder33

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

First off, let me say this game looks WAY better than MW2. Most of you are probably thinking I'm insane, but MW2 had SO MANY PROBLEMS. The plot was confusing and forgetable. The gameplay was repetitive, and so the campaign had almost no replay value. The multiplayer was full of glitches, hackers, and campers. The gameplay was unbalanced--someone could camp in a corner the whole game and get a crapload of killstreaks while you stand absolutely no chance. Spec ops was OK.

There's my rant on MW2, now I'll tell you why BFBC2 should be better:
Not much has been revealed about the story yet, nothing to compare here.
The destructible environments will lead to a different experience every time you replay a campaign level or play a multiplayer map.
In the Demo/Beta for BC2, there are no campers except for snipers (that's what they're supposed to do, though)
I've had no experiences with cheaters in BC2 or BC1.
If you and your squadmates work together in BC2, you can easily counter vehicles.
The weapons are balanced.
Recoil is actually a factor, and there is also gravity drop and the weapons aren't hitscan. Seriously, in MW2 every assault rifle is insta kill. In BC2 you actually have to be accurate over an extended period of time, and you have to learn how to deal with recoil (which is actually a factor in real life, to you guys saying that MW2 IS THE MOST REALISTIC GAME EVAR!!!!!, which it most definitely is not)
Driving vehicles is incredibly fun.

Well, that was pretty much a huge complaint about MW2.

Not comparing it to anything, BC2 looks like it will be an excellent game that will keep me entertained till Halo:Reach is released (which I'll probably play for a couple of years)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aeJ1G-JFp6A

What do you think about BC2?

#2 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Yes! This game looks insane, the demo was great and the multiplayer is much better. I really want to get this game, hopefully my Xbox will be fixed by then(Full Red Ring of Death).

#3 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I'm definitely interested in it, but I'll probably just rent the game since I have three Call of Duty games already.

I disagree with you about replay value with MW2. The campaign was fun and had the original Call of Duty feel to it, but it also had the COD4 feel to it as well. I'm actually playing the campaign for the second time(from time to time) in MW2. Also, the glitches are patched. The gameplay is more fair, and even though matchmaking still sucks, the game is a lot more balanced and fun to play.

Also, we(the good players of Call of Duty[sorry to sound conceited]) know that it isn't a realistic game. We know that there is no gravity effect on bullets or wind, earth rotation, etc. We know that the perks make the players super human. But there will be people that look at BF:BC2 and say, this isn't realistic either. It may be more realistic than MW2, but it's pretty damn tough to make a video game that mirrors real life combat. In my opinion, it still has to be done.

Lastly, we do know quite a bit about the campaign. The campaign is in the modern day using modern weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc, but somehow has an arc to WWII(the prologue). We know that it will take place in various parts of the world, mainly Russia. There will be new vehicles, collapsible buildings, and blood. There are 11 missions featuring the same characters. The prologue introduces the player to a secret weapon of mass destruction. All from Wikipedia.

But, like I said, I'm definitely interested in the game. It sounds like a lot of fun and is something new and fresh from MW2.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#4 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

It sounds really great if I have to believe my clan mates, too bad I don't have a PC that can handle the game nor have the money to a. upgrade my pc and b. buy the game.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Officially: 10,000,000x better than MW2. MW2 has so much shit in it. such as Commando. In this game, every thing is balanced. There are no crappy spawns unless you choose one, and I have never gotten mad after being killed by a certain gun that I feel is over powered.

As of now, I have maxed out everything but Assault.

If you are considering purchasing this game, go buy it now. You will not regret it.

Also, don't expect something even like MW2. You can barely even compare them.

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:43 AM

Bought the game for cheap with my clan, yet I need to wait for my new pc to be able to play it. Upgrading soon though :D

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

My gamertag for the 360 is Tripozer. Anyone can add me, I play MW2, and BFBC2...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

IMHO shooters are a lot more fun to play on a PC. I thought about buying a 360 once, but the idea of having to buy those darn cards to go online really put me off. No real point if I rarely play on consoles anyway.

Anyway, I hope the money my bank made missing is given back to me. Supposedly done in 2 weeks, and then time for a BIG PC overhaul that is going to blow your mind, the GFX will be as never before!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: axela, magnetic brakes, mega coaster, megalite, nitroryder33