2nd Grade class building Screamin Serpent but....

screamin serpent splicers tubing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trillium

Trillium

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

we have run into a snag. These kids have been working on this coaster for weeks and we niow realize this older set we bought at garage sale is missing the tubing and splicers and has only one car. I already called K'nex and Caitlin there was helpful but I guess this is older set they do not support with parts anymore. She suggested Ebay. Looked on there and emailed some sellers but haven't heard back. Can't wait for 6 day auction nor pay high prices for new set there.

Caitlin could not tell me the diameter of the tubing. She said that the set would work with the red or purple tubing. I don't have a close up of the tubing either to get an idea what might work in it's place. I was thinking of going to hardware store and improvising with something else for the tubing. Has anyone done this or have suggestions?

I do not know what the splicers look like and any suggestions for substitutions?

This coaster is what the kids were going to show their parents on Parents Night at the school next week and we don't have a lot of time to remedy the situation. Older kids also got involved with this project as well. This has been a great project for the kids. One 8 yr old boy took charge and he was the Project Manager on this one and he really earned the title.

Technically all we really need is some sort of tubing and splicers and we can live with the one car to ride the coaster.

Thanks for any input.

#2 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

you don't need splicers, I never use them. I just butt the tubes together on a cross tie.

I would offer you some tubing but I am leaving on a vacation first thing in the morning. and wouldn't be able to ship until late next week. Look in the "I'm selling my Knex" threads, hopefully someone will help you out.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#3 Trillium

Trillium

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thank you for the tip on the splicers, one less thing to have to track down is good. Thanks also for directing me to where I might get a response we appreciate it. Happy Vacation.

#4 /\ero

/\ero

CP dodgeball 10-11

• 846 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

I found some buy it now tubing on ebay for a reasonable price. knex roller coaster tubing items - Get great deals on Toys Hobbies, knex screamin serpent items on eBay.com!
And as for the splices. You can also use the small yellow or grey rods that come with the micro sets, these work great for me. you can see what they look like here. They are the small yellow and grey rods on the bottom of the picture. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cef6d6e9e

#5 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

I will sell you the amount of tubing you need and some splices for the price of shipping (about $10). Send me a PM. Do you want red or purple?

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#6 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

Have the pieces you needed arrived? I remember you said you bought some.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screamin serpent, splicers, tubing