2010 flurry jonnycoaster mcc winter

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

It's not much but hey, it's a start. Here is my winter coaster for 2011.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Jonnycoaster

#2 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Lookin pretty good.What's next

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

looks good. Is it going to be a looper? I really like the backbone of your lift :)

Posted Image

#4 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

I like the back bone other than it appears to be sagging, so you might want to ad another support in there. Other than that it looks nice.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#5 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

Do jealous of you right now! That is a really nice backbone support dude! I think i might use it sometime if i need to! Very nice! And its a looper right?

Posted Image

#6 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

The straight part of the lift hill is alittle bit bended but i thin when the tubing is on it it will be over. If not make it stronger. The crest i okay

Posted Image

#7 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

Looks good. I would guess this is a B&M Looper? Looks good, and I don't see any sagging in the backbone. You have a layout planned?

Kr11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#8 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Lookin pretty good.What's next

Thanks! A loop next probably.

looks good. Is it going to be a looper? I really like the backbone of your lift :)

Thanks! Yes it is a looper. Glad that you like the backbone.

I like the back bone other than it appears to be sagging, so you might want to ad another support in there. Other than that it looks nice.

I'm not sure about the backbone sagging. I might add a tube support there though when the coaster is done.

Do jealous of you right now! That is a really nice backbone support dude! I think i might use it sometime if i need to! Very nice! And its a looper right?

Lol, thanks. I will be happy for you to use it! I was first thinking of doing a tube lift and using the same lift structure as ~steelspectrum~ did on Leviathan. That is how I got the idea so, I have to give some credit to him on that!

The straight part of the lift hill is alittle bit bended but i thin when the tubing is on it it will be over. If not make it stronger. The crest i okay

Yeah, like I said. The lift is not sagging but, when the coaster is done I might add a tube support there.

Looks good. I would guess this is a B&M Looper? Looks good, and I don't see any sagging in the backbone. You have a layout planned?

Kr11

More of a floorless. I do have a layout planned. Only 3 people know. ;)

Update!

I have been working on the drop and I think that it came out pretty well. The only thing that I am not sure of the heartlining on the pre-drop. I also think that I might lower the drop one small grey rod ( About an inch ). Here are some pics of what I have built:

Overview #1
Posted Image

Overview #2
Posted Image

Heartlining
Posted Image

-Jonnycoaster

#9 SimpsonsJunkey24

SimpsonsJunkey24

Spread Love Like Violence

• 406 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

Looks like the drop should be wider, or it's the straight spot thats bugging me.

#10 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

I do too, hmmm, where did I see that before???

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#11 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

The drop looks good. But I would move it closer to the lift and make the pull-out a little bigger.

I made something for you.

Posted Image

The drop should start where you have that blue tubing.
And here's a picture of a whole drop.

EDIT: Okay, yes. That is a pretty bad picture comparison. I just wanted to bring his attention to the big straight spot. Jonny, if you do plan on keeping it that length, could you make it a dip or something? Like Tsunami.

#12 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Looks like the drop should be wider, or it's the straight spot thats bugging me.

The straight spot is suppose to be their. That is how wide I need the drop to be because of the layout.

I do too, hmmm, where did I see that before???

~steelspectrum~'s Leviathan????

The drop looks good. But I would move it closer to the lift and make the pull-out a little bigger.

I thought that the pullout was too big. Move the drop more to the lift!?!?!?!??!

#13 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

@ Stig, the camera angles look very different. I don't think he can even shorten it that much. Also look how big you left the ss track.

I'm not saying it doesn't need to be done, because that heartlined section is way too long and strait. try to make the heartlined section only 2-3 yellows long.

#14 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

@ Stig, the camera angles look very different. I don't think he can even shorten it that much. Also look how big you left the ss track.

I'm not saying it doesn't need to be done, because that heartlined section is way too long and strait. try to make the heartlined section only 2-3 yellows long.

Would it be ok for me to leave it like that. I need the long pre-drop for the coaster. I wanted the coaster to take up a lot of room because of where it is going for Christmas. Also, if i try to move it, I will defiantly Mess it all up.

#15 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

I agree that the part before it starts to drop is too long. Make it shorter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

cant believe i missed this thread.... anyway looks good so far, besides the points that they're talking about

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#17 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

i like it but just do wath the stig said

Posted Image

#18 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

The drop looks fine to me. I can't wait to see the loop.
Go on!

Posted Image

#19 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

I agree that the part before it starts to drop is too long. Make it shorter!

I actually really like long pre-drops for some reason. I just guess that it is my building style so i'm going to leave it.

cant believe i missed this thread.... anyway looks good so far, besides the points that they're talking about

Lol. I miss threads all the time. I missed the first three updates of ~steelspectrums~'s Celsius and that got comments alot of times. Again, i'm going to go with what I think I best so i'm going to keep the long pre-drop.

i like it but just do wath the stig said

I actually can't do because of the way that it drawn. It just wouldn't work.

The drop looks fine to me. I can't wait to see the loop.
Go on!

Finally! A good builder who agrees with me! :) How Did you know that there was going to be a loop? ;)

Wow! Thanks for the comments! I have an update.

I have built a loop. I built it 2 times. The first time I built it it was 6 granties exactly and it went WAY too fast. I un-oiled the cars and made the loop a little bit taller and it still goes fast but, it will have to do I guess. Now, here are some pictures:

Overview 1
Posted Image

Overview 2
Posted Image

Loop
Posted Image

I was thinking of doing a dive loop. I don't want to mess around and try to make a cobra roll because that would just take up time. An Immelmann is out of the question! :D

-Jonnycoaster

#20 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

The loop looks perfect! Nice job.

unoiled your cars?? You can never have too much speed! Just make the loop taller or put an element before it.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, flurry, jonnycoaster, mcc, winter