first coaster lambchopz tube supported winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:03 AM

I need to find out if this is available in the UK. I really want one...

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

I'm fairly sure they are. You can easly find a trader on e-bay who ships worldwide for cheap. Besides even in Holland we have traders so I don't see why the UK doesn't have one.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Last night I had a dream that I had one of these and was using it, no kidding...wow I really have to get one now! B)

#24 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

i think it is stil to big for VV coaster :)
still, i want to get one

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#25 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I think they will fit on a VV coaster, they are about the same size as a single car. You might have to push the train through though, mainly because hey add a lot of weight to the train compared to an SS train.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

They fit VV fine, but unfortunately it changes the weight too much for it to clear your course, at least in my experience. But you could push it around.

#27 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

I got something very similar on ebay. The one I bought is the size of a USB memory stick. There are tons of similar items on ebay and they all have basically the same electronics in them. who cares if it is from hong cong you wouldn't be able to get it as cheap if it came from anywhere else.

As seen in the POV of the SS above and on ones I posted of Nor'Easter, the frame rate does not provide good video if you let the train run at regular speed, but someone -- I think it was gump -- had the good suggestion of pushing the train around at low speed by hand and then editing the video.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#28 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

What I do is one of two things to compensate for frame rate. Either drop the speed done to %25 (I use windows movie maker, half speed, half speed) or I push by hand. To find a device with 60fps second would still be rather expensive at this time. But the beauty of technology is wait for a little bit and it will become affordable.

#29 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

What if you take several different POV videos with the camera. Then in your video editing program, put all the video clips at the same time but with lowered opacity (so it's actually a mix of all the videos). Would that solve the frame-rate problem?

#30 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

That would be very hard because each time you let the coaster run the dynamics are a little different. Just don't low the speed too much.

Also I received mine today and I am very happy with the video output. I'm going to see if I can remove the timestamp.

5 minutes of tinkering and here is the first video I made and used a filter on.

I used Vdub with the Filter Logo Away. It leaves a tiny blur but it is hardly noticeable.
Info here (also Vdub Download Link):
http://www.aircomman...m/md80clone.htm

The Logo Away Filter:
http://www.videohelp...Logoaway_filter

And a great tutorial (tinkering is required with the Width and Height):
http://digilander.li...ub_tutorial.pdf

I am very pleased with the Camera Quality. This is a great buy! Yet again thank you Ickus!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Here is another test video, I need to tweak that time stamp remover a little more though.

Anyway, follow me on my way home from school, and enjoy a nice view from my work.

This camera is a little hard to aim correctly. Take care when you align it on your coaster.

I found out that there are 11 different versions on the market, I own a #8. I suggest a #3 though!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hi, I'm from the UK

Has any of you that have one of those Micro key cameras have had any problems with them?

The reason why I am asking is that I like the idea of these so much to use with my K'nex SS and many other applications that I decided to purchase a couple of e-bay a few days ago.

They arrived yesterday and the first thing that I did was to fully charge these up.

Once fully charge, and I inserted the micro SD card, I could not get these to work, nor would my laptop recongise the drivers for these. Within minutes of using, both key cameras then completely died on me. I'm sending them back for a full refund.

I didn't purchase the cheaper ones from china, I decided to pay more and I purchased these from a UK supplier. I suspected that these could be a cheap fake as the glosy colour instructions where a very poor copy.

How can I tell which sellers on e-bay are selling a good quality camera key or a cheaper copy before I buy?

I appreiciate any Help

#33 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

You can't just insert the SD card. You need to make a special folder. Read the manual or look online for your specific model. Mine has a folder called DCIM and inside that folder there is a folder called 100MEDIA. Don't forget to make the time-stamp file either!

The instructions are glossy and look poor, took me a while to figure out how the camera worked.

A common problem with those camera is, if you let them charge for too long your battery will, be careful.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

^^ One of mine was doing that. Get a toothpick or something and press the reset button.

^ Reading the instructions for the first time made me lol.

Regaurding micro... If you have the tools and patience, you can unscrew the cars' plastic bodies (be careful with the chaindog and chaindog spring) and attatch the camera on top with some rubber bands. Of course, cars won't work properly without the chaindog, so it's best to just "fake" it by pushing the car around by hand.

#35 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

I got something like these but sunglasses. It is exatly like this and they also film in 30fps. The only think it is sunglasses, so I can't put it on the ride or it just falls off and it is too wide. You can just insert a SD card in to store videos on it and also has a USB port. They go on for 2-3 hours and have to charge for 5-6 hours.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#36 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

You guys got instructions with your cheap cameras???

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#37 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for your replies.

I don't know if I did over charge mine. The instructions said the light flashes when charging and goes out when battery full. My lights never went out, just stopped flashing.

They were quiet warm to touch before they stopped working. I did try the reset button when the camera just froze (light just stayed on and didn't matter which button I pressed, nothing happend). But trying the reset button just killed them.

I emailed another e-bay seller who said that these are cheap generic electrical items from china, there are no fake copies.

I'm looking at the following items one-bay and perhaps I will try again by ordering one of these

NEW SPY Hidden Car Key Cam Micro Camera DVR 640*480 UK on eBay (end time 06-Mar-11 07:51:46 GMT)

Boxed Spy Camera Key Chain Car Camcorder Video Cam on eBay (end time 14-Mar-11 10:48:00 GMT)

CAR KEY FOB SPY CAMERA CAM MINI DV HD VIDEO RECORDER on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 16:28:15 GMT)

I hope the mods don't mind me putting these links in.

Thank you

#38 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

^I don't mind.

Just remember that they come at such a low prices, don't have too high expectations for a 12 dollar camera. They are all from china, so they have so flaws here and there.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thanks

I think the problem with mine is that I did over charge them. The instructions were a poor translation.

Any advice how long I should be charging these for Max? Should I charge these up before first use?

I did find a video on the net giving clearer instructions for use by someone calling him self Techmoan

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pWU3ec4-p4c

He has also review a few other spy cameras.

However no mention on how long to charge these cameras up for.

Post edit: I've just found this website, scroll half way down and they give all the "Common faults and how to solve these Problems"

http://www.elecday.c...product-127.htm

(the above link don't seem to directly take you to the correct page, it may bring up an page saying that we having problems connecting you, click on the click here tab and them search there website for the key camera product- The common faults will be half way down)
I think this will help me.

#40 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Giving this thread yet another kick.

I found out that the #11 was just released, it shoots in 720p HD!

A complete review + comparrison + ebay links here. Also, you can now FLASH the firmware to remove the date/time stamp! (at your own risk)

The real plus is that this camera has a wider FOV and the colours are better. However they are 3x more expensive totalling at around 40 Dollars.
Techmoan - Techmoan - (Finally) A Real HD Mini Keyring Spy Camera #11808

If you want to go for the cheaper alternative, look for a #3, if you want HD go for the #11! I also recommend to use an micro SDHC card and not a standard micro SD card. The SDHC card is required for the HD camera, but also smooths the recording. C'mon people it's plug 'n play, I want to see some onrides!

Yes I've just ordered one! Review will follow after I receive it!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first coaster, lambchopz, tube supported, winter coaster