first coaster lambchopz tube supported winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

yeah,but the only problem is the weight of the gopro, i don´t have one but if work in a ss...will be awesome!

#62 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

It's not the weight, it's the size and that results in a change in the centre of gravity. The cars will shake like mad.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 MadDragon

MadDragon

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

I kinda new to all this but i just ordered a mini cam from dx.com its like 14grams and i think small enough 2 place in the cart.

1.3MP CMOS Mini DV Video Camera (TF Slot) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

Ill update when i get mine and review it.

MadDragon

#64 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

It looks quite a good a size and the fact that it records at 30fps and takes pictures in Jpeg format is pretty good. A bonus is also that it has a USB port. Reasonable price too. Interested to see the quality of the recordings and how well it fits in the cars. I'm thinking of getting something like this. If it slips in the car and doesn't make it shake too much, it's a good find.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#65 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

It looks quite a good a size and the fact that it records at 30fps and takes pictures in Jpeg format is pretty good. A bonus is also that it has a USB port. Reasonable price too. Interested to see the quality of the recordings and how well it fits in the cars. I'm thinking of getting something like this. If it slips in the car and doesn't make it shake too much, it's a good find.

Except it records in .avi so it's going to drop shitloads of frames most likely.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Except it records in .avi so it's going to drop shitloads of frames most likely.

That is a problem, epsecially for the speed the cars run at. But we shall see I guess. I'm just wondering if No Limits records in avi. I don't have any problems with that but I'm not quite sure if it's avi or something different.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#67 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Are there also mini-cams that can be used for Micro K'nex POV's?

#68 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

And why would that be?

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#69 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

That is a problem, epsecially for the speed the cars run at. But we shall see I guess. I'm just wondering if No Limits records in avi. I don't have any problems with that but I'm not quite sure if it's avi or something different.

.avi is an uncompressed file, it results in large files. I've seen many minicameras that record in .avi and most of them drop frames like crazy. Some up to 1/3 of what it is supposed to record. It's not comparable to a screen-cap like NoLimits does, there it depends mostly on your PC's specs.

Furthermore, the 808's already come in HD format, yours is only SD. Don't look at the image resolution, the images are up-scaled and low to not even usable quality. That said, even if it was of decent quality, you're never going to use it. USB cables aren't a noticeable pre as they are pretty standard on those devices.

Why not just go with the much proven 808 from the start, I can tell you that it's very unlikely that such a camera will be better than an 808, especially in that format and price.

I own multiple 808's and am pleasantly surprised at their quality vs price, and so are many people around the world, most noticeably the RC-community. Check reviews from the 808 at Techmoan - Techmoan, honest reviews that are spot on.

You can cut down on the size of an 808 by gutting it.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well... It's not mine but still interesting to get a comparison. I agree though it probably won't beat the proven quality of the 808.

Tyndrum

#71 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

The 808 is no bigger than a vv car.

#72 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well... It's not mine but still interesting to get a comparison. I agree though it probably won't beat the proven quality of the 808.

I actually re-sell them in small bulks to friends and family or who else is interested (not international though). I know what I'm talking about ;) But I'm not pushing anyone to go with the 808, just look at reviews from products you found and compare them to other items. Especially on dx.com, also look at the pros/cons people have found, the reviews are very personal on there so what may be a pro for one may be a con for someone else.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I absolutely don't doubt the fact you know what you're talking about and couldn't really agree more with what you're saying.

Tyndrum

#74 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

I absolutely don't doubt the fact you know what you're talking about and couldn't really agree more with what you're saying.

Whoops, before I sound like a total tool that supposedly knows "everything about videocameras" I meant, I know a lot about the 808.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Whoops, before I sound like a total tool that supposedly knows "everything about vieocameras" I meant, I know a lot about the 808.

No, no, no. I know what you meant. I was just agreeing with you about what you said.

Tyndrum

#76 comatose

comatose

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I had one of these, or at least similar, for my R/C Airplanes for onboard video... the video isn't really that bad. In fact, it's pretty great considering it's size... as long as you have proper lighting. I will definitely try to use it on my Roller Coasters sometime.

#77 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Sorry for the quite large bump but I'm about to order one of these 808 #11s but I wasn't sure about who to get it from. I've looked at the who techmoan says sell these and I was just wondering who is the best one or who is one that other people have used? I also spotted this:
#11 Key Chain DVR Recorder Video Real HD Camera No Time&Continuous(4GB)+Track | eBay
Is this likely to be real because I thought you had to flash the time off yourself and I've also seen 808 #16 and #18s with 120 degree lenses. Do these have any significant advantages or should I just stick with the reliable #11?

Tyndrum

#78 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I order from Eletoponline35, but all the ones Matt (Techmoan) links to are the same. There are newer models with wide angle lenses and even txt files in which you can turn the date/time on or off, so no flashing required. Look at his later reviews to see which model is best for you.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I have to say I'm more tempted by the wide angle 808# 16. It's only a couple of quid more but I've seen in one of his reviews the FOV isn't as wide on the 16 as it is on the 11. And apparently it's much easier (and safer) to turn the time stamp off. Good thing too as these appear to be the only ones eletoponline365 does. All still under £30 too. Thanks for the advice.

Tyndrum

#80 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Which is better, #11 or #3

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first coaster, lambchopz, tube supported, winter coaster