first coaster lambchopz tube supported winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

I love that everyone seems to be somewhat interested in this simply concept. Sorry that you had some issues, but as an overall thing they are cheap, and well actually you are getting a huge bang for your buck.

Humm, An HD version. I may have to look into this then, and also attempt to not be lazy and remove the time stamp. (Thanks MAXX for the info)

Just make sure you are using these "Spy" cameras for good and not evil :)

#42 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:11 AM

Filming is one of my hobbies. I usually take both cameras with me now if I go to something worth filming. The mini camera ebing the action cam and my fullsize HD camera being the choice for more gentle things.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yesterday I've received two new key cameras from another e-bay seller, and they both work perfectly. They came with 100% better instructions written in proper English by the e-bay seller.

It's a shame that I wasn't aware of the #11808 version, but will consider it when these need to be replaced.

#44 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

Do you know what version it is? Currently the #11 are only sold through Hong Kong.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

I would like to ask if the cheapest 808 car key micro camera is different with the other expensive 808 cameras.

And can I use it to make it a final video?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

Do you know what version it is? Currently the #11 are only sold through Hong Kong.

I'm not sure which one it is, it's not the #11.

This is the one I brought

Spy Camera Key Chain Car Camcorder Video Cam on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 17:46:24 GMT)

#47 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

this is wierd lol? i bought this camera from ebay for €20 (+/- $25) and now the same seller is selling exactly the same camera for €50 omg! i was lucky. (my camera works well i just remove the time stamp BY CROPPING THE VIDEO) that is the most easy way. the only thing that can be annoying that 1 cm of your vid is missing :P

wardcc-2.png

#48 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

this is wierd lol? i bought this camera from ebay for €20 (+/- $25) and now the same seller is selling exactly the same camera for €50 omg! i was lucky. (my camera works well i just remove the time stamp BY CROPPING THE VIDEO) that is the most easy way. the only thing that can be annoying that 1 cm of your vid is missing :P

I see some of them selling for just 1$, is it fake?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

I would like to ask if the cheapest 808 car key micro camera is different with the other expensive 808 cameras.

And can I use it to make it a final video?

Yes, very different. However the old models do not share big differences.
The old versions (cheaper ones) don't film in HD. Their image quality can be choppy.
The frame output is different too, the old (non-hd) cameras record in .avi format and film in a rather strange resolution.
The new cameras record in .mov and in 720p HD Widescreen.

The real reason I want the HD one is because it is widescreen. All the 808 DVR's are a little zoomed in towards the center and they have a fairly narrow Field Of View. This can be annoying unless you really just want to see the track.

Just remember that the #11 is still cheap and you get a great bang for your buck. If you break it, no worries, it's not like you bought a 1200 dollar camera ;)

I wouldn't suggest using it for a final video. It's still a cheap camera and it might not be able to cope very good with fast moving object. This leads me to saying that you should really always fake an on ride. Slowing the video down makes it really choppy.

I'm not sure which one it is, it's not the #11.

This is the one I brought

Spy Camera Key Chain Car Camcorder Video Cam on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 17:46:24 GMT)

Thanks for the URL. I would always suggest looking up the E-bay seller before buying. The real thing which annoys me is that there is little to no information about that particular model's specs. The URL I posted before has a link on the page to Hong Kong based seller who ships world wide without any shipping costs. He also has the older versions which are currently on sale :)

Cropping the video is the worst solution for the timestamp removal in my opinion. Definitely the easiest but if you start mixing it up with other source material your end results will be more than annoying to the viewer. Make sure to go with a dealer found on that page I posted before, those are sellers which have been tested by the 808 community so they will deliver the stuff you want. Plus the all have their specs posted with them and the model number.

I see some of them selling for just 1$, is it fake?

Probably, even though they are all made in China, I still don't think you would be able to get one for just 1 Dollar. Don't risk it and go with a dealer found on the url I posted before.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:48 AM

those time stamp removers totally dont work by me everytime i try to download one itunes opens any solution for this?

wardcc-2.png

#51 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

I posted a tutorial on page 2 but it really fails when using a #8 because it uses a black background on the timestamp. You can only flash the #11 as far as I know but to be honest I haven't looked it up for other models. As far as I know you would have to hardcore hack the device.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

I have one of these. Quality is crap. Mine is hit or miss. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#53 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

I have one of these. Quality is crap. Mine is hit or miss. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Depends how you film and where you film in what conditions. Just like any video camera they need a lot of light to make clear pictures. This isn't a night vision camera, what did you expect ;)

When you shake the camera a lot the image becomes blurry, just like any other camera. However because this camera is so small and doesn't have any of the fancy aiding systems in it like say, a decent Handheld HD camera, it's a little worse. When shooting an onride, just make sure you "fake" the ride, by moving the train by hand. The FOV from the camera is very narrow, but the HD version #11 has a wider FOV because it film in 720p wide-screen. This makes it much more powerful!

I was actually quite surprised how good the quality was from my #8 camera. I can't wait to receive my #11 (which I ordered 2 weeks ago, hmmm...)

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

I got my #11 in the other day. Flashed the date off (thanks for the website max). The quality is great. I mounted it to my bike handlebars. Great FOV, but it came out very blurry from the road vibration (just need to add something to dampen underneath). But the camera handled changes in light very well. Though I need to find a true HD card, I had a few frame "skips" because the card couldn't buffer. It was worthe the extra cash.

Here are the comparisons

Old standard def camera

New HD #11 Camera

#55 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Huge difference in the FOV, amazing quality too and the date being able to get flashed of is brilliant. The mail came in today but I wasn't home and I needed to sign for it so I received a note that I am able to pick it up tomorrow at the post-office. Probably some trouble at the Customs. I'll go into town afterwards and pick me up an SDHC card (8 GB maybe?). Expect an indept review soon as I will unscrew this device and check for the major hardware differences, if anyone really cares.

Edit: I'm not going to do the review, everything is covered on www.techmoan.com same with the instructions, internals and flashing the date. Here is my test video though:

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

Well, I'm gonna buy one of these, but I have a few questions for Max.

1. I'd take it I should get the 11, were is a good place to get it? Were did you get it?
2. Is it easy to set up/use? Is it easy to get rid of the time stamp?
3. I want to make sure, everytime you film, it make's a different file.
4. To film HD, you need a HD card, how much are they, and whats a good model?
5. Do I need a card reader?

Thanks!
KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#57 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Well, I'm gonna buy one of these, but I have a few questions for Max.

1. I'd take it I should get the 11, were is a good place to get it? Were did you get it?
2. Is it easy to set up/use? Is it easy to get rid of the time stamp?
3. I want to make sure, everytime you film, it make's a different file.
4. To film HD, you need a HD card, how much are they, and whats a good model?
5. Do I need a card reader?

Thanks!
KR11

1. Search on E-bay. Make sure it says #11 and the proper resolution. A few good ebay sellers can be found in this article: Techmoan - Techmoan - (Finally) A Real HD Mini Keyring Spy Camera #11808

2. Very easy to use, plug 'n play. It also works as a webcam. Removing the time-stamp is a little tricky but just follow the steps in the video found on this page: Techmoan - Techmoan - (Finally) A Real HD Mini Keyring Spy Camera #11808

3. It makes a different file, however after 20 minutes it automatically creates a new file and there is a strange bug that can give you some trouble reading the file properly.

4.You don't necessarily need an SDHC card but I strongly advice you do use one. It will cause less frames to disappear. They cost around 15 dollars for a small 2 or 4 GB card.

5. When you order a camera you usually get an micro USB to regular USB adapter with it. You can read files directly from the camera with the usb wire. However I do suggest you use a card reader to flash the firmware. As soon as you put your card in the camera and turn it on it will format to the camera's settings.

Make sure to properly read this page and watch the video, everything is explained there: Techmoan - Techmoan - (Finally) A Real HD Mini Keyring Spy Camera #11808

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

Bump!

There is a new version from the camera on the market, the 808 #11 Jumbo. It comes in 4 different flavours and has a longer battery life than the previous #11. Nothing has changed much besides that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ordered 5 for re-seller and all of them have been sold. I ordered the complete package which comes with a car charger and emergency charger (as seen in the photo).

Firmware is super easy to flash and can now be done without a card reader.

Any questions, ask them here or for an indepth review go to Techmoan - Techmoan - Jumbo 808 Micro HD CameraReview

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

is a good idea to add a go pro camera on the ss car?
so we can have real hd povs or 3d pov´s.

#60 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

I always wondered how I could mount a Go Pro camera to an SS car because I plan on getting one to shoot video of Luge, Snowboard, other various extreme sports, and as well as K'nex POV's. When I get on, hopefully I can figure out a proper mount so that the cars don't shake.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first coaster, lambchopz, tube supported, winter coaster