5000 eurofighter gerstlauer summer heat

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

First off, when you turn them on, you should be pushing both switches in the same direction. They go at the same speed then, and they work together since they are going in the same direction. This can be accomplished by turning the motors so you can keep the chain routed the way that you want.

Posted Image

#22 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm definitely turning them on in the same direction, though that's somewhat unclear in the video. I don't really understand that last thing you said, however.

Come on guys, how about some more comments?

Posted Image

#23 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

awesome man! i love the chain guide! finish it!

#24 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

^ i agree with both parts. What did you use for the chain guide? I might have to try that with VV sometime.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#25 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Awesome man! I love the chain guide! Finish it!

Thanks. I will try my hardest to this time!

^ I agree with both parts. What did you use for the chain guide? I might have to try that with VV sometime.

The guide is made of cardboard that I cut from a cereal box. I measured it, cut it out with scissors, and glued it on the the cross ties with hot glue.

So, I'm going to slightly bank the second half of the valley (the pull-in to the C-Roll) so I can make a roll like that on Fahrenheit.

Any name suggestions? Comments are still appreciated! ;)

Posted Image

#26 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

I'm very impressed with the chain life guide. I believe this is the second functional one, the first being KR11's Skywheel?

#27 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

I'm very impressed with the chain life guide. I believe this is the second functional one, the first being KR11's Skywheel?

Thanks. I believe so. I can't think of any others.

No big update here guys, I just wanted to check that I have the general shaping of the pull in correct. I'm checking now so that I don't get through the Cobra roll and find out it's shaped incorrectly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
If it isn't right, could you please tell me how to shape it or even find me a picture? I can't find any good ones. Thanks!

Posted Image

#28 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

before commenting, we should get an overview, because i have no idea how big it is compared to the drop.

wardcc-2.png

#29 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Sure thing. By the way, the end is straight cause it has no supports. I may have to make the lift taller if I can't get the roll small enough.

Posted Image

v Please read my previous post. It shows what I need help with.

Posted Image

#30 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Not really anything more to comment on...

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#31 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

I think it looks really good so far! Keep going, and it may make it easier to tell.

Posted Image

#32 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

C'mon guys, can I get some more opinions here? ^Thanks.

Posted Image

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

I really think everything looks perfect. I hope the cobra roll looks neat, I think it should!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

I simply couldn't make the Cobra Roll tight enough and still have it smooth, so I made the drop lower to the ground to have more room for the Roll. I am very happy with the result. I also now have no intent to finish this for Summer Heat.
I added weight on the back car, and built a gear box to gear down the lift. It's still jerky though. In the test video, I point out several possible reasons for the jerkyness. Do you think any of them could be the problem? If so, please give some suggestions on how to fix them. Thank you!
Also, we just installed a drum kit in our home. I'm happy to be able to play the drums again, but the problem is it was put right next to my building space. It may be only temporary, but for now I have even less space to build.

Enjoy! (Sorry for the blurriness, They were taken with my phone, and it's hard to keep it very still.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Video:

Posted Image

Thanks for viewing, and please comment!

Posted Image

#35 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

The drop looks smexy. good job so far. I hope you can get through that cobra roll.
And in the test video, at first i thought that was a real dog.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#36 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

The drop looks smexy. good job so far. I hope you can get through that cobra roll.
And in the test video, at first i thought that was a real dog.

Heh, thanks. I don't know if I'll be able to get it through even now, but if not I'll just raise the lift. Hahaha, I don't have a dog anyway, just cats (and gerbils and fish).

Could I please get a few more comments guys? It only takes a minute or two. I would really appreciate it!

Posted Image

#37 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Looks good, I have no complaints just try rearranging the gears possibly doubling the blue to red gears there might be to much tension on the gears.

Posted Image

#38 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

To help the lift.

Try rearranging how you have your gears set up and place a tension rod after the driving gears.

So to help clarify because I am unable to find a picture as an example chains goes under (instead of your current over) the gears driving the lift,and then say a rod with a wheel attached that can slide up and down goes next to keep tension on the chain.

Hope that helped.

Everything looks good, keep it up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#39 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Looks good, I have no complaints just try rearranging the gears possibly doubling the blue to red gears there might be to much tension on the gears.

Thanks. I'm not really sure what you mean with the rest. The blue-to-red gears are already doubled.

To help the lift.

Try rearranging how you have your gears set up and place a tension rod after the driving gears.

So to help clarify because I am unable to find a picture as an example chains goes under (instead of your current over) the gears driving the lift,and then say a rod with a wheel attached that can slide up and down goes next to keep tension on the chain.

Hope that helped.

Everything looks good, keep it up!

It did in fact help! Thanks! It's still just a bit rough, but only because of where the chain comes off the tubing. I can't really fix that though because there isn't enough room to make a thing to pull down the tubing (like I have at the start of the lift). Thanks!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5000, eurofighter, gerstlauer, summer heat