• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hello everyone,this is my first of many projects on this site.
Pharaoh is a large custom inverter with a similar theme as Montu.

here are a few pics of where im at,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

Woah! That looks very cool!

#3 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

here's an update of the area i have been working on between the tunnel exit and lifthill start.The area is going to be very green with lots of bushes,trees etc and a small lagoon for the resident monster man-eating nile croc Gustav,who is on relocation from Burundi,lol.
Hopefully tmrw i can pour the model water, lay the grass and pretty much finish that area.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

This is awesome so far. I am subscribed!!!

The theming looks great.
What are you using to cut your foam with?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

i just use a hacksaw as the small teeth dont chew it up to much.

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Very artistic!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

a video of the area,

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6ysDhfrRiMk

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Amazing!! I had no idea you could do stuff like this with CoasterDynamix. I'll be watching this for sure.

#9 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

are you montu from the cd forum?

man this thing is looking great!

(if yes,i´m sure this will be awesome!)

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

That looks great! I love the detail.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#11 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

thanks for all your comments everyone!!! and yes i am montu32 from the cd forums which i will still be posting on but have joined here as there are some great cd builders who are actually 'building'and some amazing k'nex builders too.

#12 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

hello pkiknex25,the pics on photobucket i have kept to that size for the cd forums as that is the biggest you can use without chopping anything out.Is there a way(which i think i have seen) where i can just put a thumbnail of a pic and when you click on it pops up like you say on huge pic and not takin you onto my photobucket site? much appreciated,i tryed for ages without much success

#13 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

montu32: From your photo bucket account. Right click the image you want, and select copy url. Then on the forum type in paste_the_url and you will have the full sized image without having to click on anything as seen above.

Your foam structures look awesome. Great job.
Have you ever used a hot knife for cutting the foam? (I just started using one for when I do train layout using foam, and I love it, so much less mess).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

when i right click on the picture i get the gray bar with loads of 'options' and the only thing i can do is 'copy' and 'copyshortcut' there is no copy url,sorry,not to clever with all this stuff.

#15 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

I can't think of anything that hasn't been said already.
The theming looks fantastic so far.
Reminds me of Montu & Black Mamba.
I'm excited to see more CD construction around here.

#16 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Ohmadaaiiizz.

But really, that's impressive, at first I thought 'Oh, Great, a CD coaster *back*' but I read a bit and it's insane, well done.

mad you should say Burundi, I know someone who is a Prince of Burundi. Crazy.. Crazy.

#17 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

when i right click on the picture i get the gray bar with loads of 'options' and the only thing i can do is 'copy' and 'copyshortcut' there is no copy url,sorry,not to clever with all this stuff.

The "copy" bottom is the right one. To make it even simpler, go to the photo, and look for "IMG Code". It should be in a box on the right side of the page. Click on it and it should automaticly copy it. Then, paste it into your text.

If you are viewing your album, then hoover your mouse over it and it should pop up a box with it. Then, repeat the process.

Formally RK500

#18 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

It's great to see CD make as strong of a comeback as this! I haven't seen a CD coaster like this at all, and it's actually almost wanting to make me convert over (not going to happen though :P).

Although you'll hear this for a long time, this is amazing and I hope you can do some amazing stuff with this. It's bound to wake up the CD builders, and if not, it will definitely motivate everyone on here.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#19 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

thanks for everyones positive comments as it really pushes construction on.
also thanks for peoples time,i have tryed and tryed with what people have said to no success.
copyed the img thumb and pasted here not given up

anyways until i suss it out here are some update pics of the almost complete area.The croc has water and the only thing left is the grass.

Posted Image

#20 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks for your time ickus305,and about the shaping of the foam i have never tryed a hot knife but will probably give it a go now you say,i have been sawing and sanding which is a bit messy.I added the full method including painting of the blocks on my cd thread of this ride.

here is a sketch i drew you might find interesting which was a rough idea of what i wanted the finished ride/model to look like,

Posted Image

where the ride ends there is going to be a large half buried vertical and onto the brake run which i think would be a first for a b&m coaster.I wanted a slightly diff ending to the usual helix/corkscrew type element.The only part up to now that might change is the cobra roll which might turn into a batwing like montu's and possibly the next element.Its the space more than anything that affects the outcome and i have'nt got much of that(unlike those american houses lol),although saying that i would never 'just settle for something' if i didnt like it or the way it looked

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: epic, i305, rcextreme