epic i305 rcextreme

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

This kind of projects make me wish I had some coasterdynamix too. When you put so much effort into it with all the theming and stuff it becomes sooo realistic! I like it :).

Posted Image

#42 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Pharaoh has now been topped off and as you can see there is a proper train(although there is still the 8th carriage to add)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

where did you get the catwalks at?

#44 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Ow my... This is looking so great! Did you cut the crest in pieces so the spring can go through it? I cannot wait for the next update :)!

Posted Image

#45 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Wow. Looks really good. Not sure if you've said this already, but what set(s) did you use? I know it's not Phoenix, or I don't think it is, but I'm very curious as to what because I don't think I've seen it before.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#46 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

^The spine and crossties are from Phoenix. The rails are from Scorpion, so is the train.

This is looking awesome! Keep up the great work!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#47 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

where did you get the catwalks at?

i have made the catwalks,there is still a bit to do

#48 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ow my... This is looking so great! Did you cut the crest in pieces so the spring can go through it? I cannot wait for the next update :)!

yes for two reasons normally,that one you've said and so i can shape the crest easier so it holds its shape as the flex spine cannot be shaped as tightly very easily.In this case the spring ends earlier to create a more realistic 'leaving of the lift'

#49 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Wow. Looks really good. Not sure if you've said this already, but what set(s) did you use? I know it's not Phoenix, or I don't think it is, but I'm very curious as to what because I don't think I've seen it before.

i have just used all scorpion sets plus expansion sets for all my coasters,and sprayed everything but the rails

think i have eventualy sussed it out,to answer multiple quotes in one reply do you press the multi'' button on each post first?

#50 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

think i have eventualy sussed it out,to answer multiple quotes in one reply do you press the multi'' button on each post first?

Yes, you press the multi " button on each post then click Go Advanced.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#51 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

thanks Turtle Man 24!!!

#52 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yes, you press the multi " button on each post then click Go Advanced.

No if you want to quote three post you do multi, multi, quote.

Looks very awesome. I like the theming!!

#53 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

here is a link on how i make catwalks(this is one i made for Komodo)

Construction

the inverted lift are the same process although i buy a4 type sheets of very fine mesh from my local model shop,they are glued on the bottom of the 'stairs' and then the smallest diameter balsa wood for the cross beams for that extra realism,hope this has helped!!

#54 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

excellent, Thank you for posting that. They look so complicated and realistic, and yet they are rather straight forward. Very well done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#55 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

so ive been on with the lifthill a bit more trying to make it as realistic as possible,

Posted Image

Posted Image

today i got some track added,was originaly going to have a low slighly straighter turn but think i am going to heighten it,so its very similar to the new invert at parc asterix,
(btw the supports are not the final ones just used to get the rough shape of the track)

Posted Image

with the rails,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Just thought about it, you've made a lot of coasters with coasterdynamix. What do you do? Do you just make coasters and sell them so you can buy some new sets and go on on that way? Or do you have a lot of money to buy all these pieces and theming for a coaster?

This coaster should be your biggest project so far, theming and track wise, right? Looks really good!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#57 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

unfortunatly no.Would like to sell them(not to make money)and have had interest in them but the postage across seas makes it a no go really.The models just get broke up and whatever parts salvaged so to speak.
I do spend quite a lot on all the scenery and stuff but what can y do!
this will be the biggest project to date

#58 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

The coaster so far looks very nice, but it is the layout that I'm here to comment on.

First off, the are right after it comes up from the cobra roll (where the corkscrew/zero-g roll is) should be the MCBR- just to make sure that you have enough speed. Then, after that, there could be a drop and a loop, but the rest is up to you. That element that you having that particular place at this point looks to small and off scale, but maybe you could try to fit it somewhere else.

Second off, at the end, maybe there could be an upward 270* helix, a small s-bend, and then a nice and long brake run; just a suggestion.

Formally RK500

#59 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

the turn in its nature is quite an intense high speed element so does'nt need to be as large as say a normal turn(the immelman that follows will be considerably larger).I could make it larger but 'in real life' would make the train go through slower,more like silver bullets overbanked turn where as i want a more intense turn like parc asterixs new invert.
(i may need to add a bit more bankin around the top to keep lats down)

if you have a look at this vid the train absolutly flies through the turn,
0.48 sec
http://www.youtube.c...tJZqGFiPNNCGmAD

yes was thinking about replacing the zero g with an mcbr.

#60 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

^Not that turn; the one right after the cobra roll (look at the layout drawing).

Formally RK500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: epic, i305, rcextreme