riddle

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

I thought it was going to be a eurofighter until I saw the 4 cars. I really like it too.

#62 C0aster

C0aster

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

That looks good and smart to put it over your computer desk so you don't have to use as many pieces! That 90 degree bank turn reminds me of New Texas Giant! Cant wait to see it!

#63 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I fixed the valley. Onto bigger and better problems haha. I will definitely need everyones input on this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy and comment.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#64 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

In the second to last picture you can see lots of bumps in the zero-G. It needs lots of smoothing out.

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#65 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Check Facebook. I posted my advice for you there.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#66 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

It's too drawn out on top. Shortening it up a grey rod would do the trick. Also, rounding out the entrance to the roll would fix what you currently have.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#67 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

I can see a sharp spot and a straight spot on the top. I agree with Marc's idea, which would probably work.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#68 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

For everyone else's reference, I had a quick chat with Marc/Antinos and we agreed to actually extending it to about this.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#69 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for all the input. I have been working on this thing and am finally pleased with its final shape. Once it all comes together I think it will look nice. Obviously the supports are not nearly finished. God knows my trains are all weighted with quarters and pennies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Definitely the most challenging element I have made thus far.

Comment and Enjoy.

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#70 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

And it was all made possible by me! :D

SSCoasters Staff

#71 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Definitely the most challenging element I have made thus far.

Yeah, Intamin is hard. And it's such an odd element. It definitely looks smooth. I'd love to see a POV shot.

#72 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Looks pretty good to me. A POV shot would be nice. The supports are the only problem but you already said they aren't final. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this element

#73 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

That's a nice norwegian loop you got there.
I think...

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#74 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Kevin: Of course, that goes without saying. Pretty much everything difficult I have built has been guided by you.

Stig: I will get a POV shot the update after this, thank you.

Frags: Hopefully the grey rods will help with the supports, thanks.

Dragonz: Thank you, you are right.

Here is the finished half loop, I think when it is all put together it will look better:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment and Enjoy.

#75 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

From 90 to 0 degrees is almost perfect. The problem I see is that it takes too long to transition into the half loop part. It should still be twisting while it's dropping, at least for a little bit.

#76 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Ok let's stop faffing and use a reference picture:

Posted Image

The top of yours looks smooshed down and way too elongated. If you remove three or four yellow rods and make it more round, it should be the right shape. Also note how the second half is nowhere near as tall as the first half. Also take note of the rolling, which you have correct.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#77 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Dude... what the heck happened to the top of this??? It was wonderful, and now it's not.

SSCoasters Staff

#78 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have to make it less wide Kevin, it just looks too squished now. I will get this thing nailed, I'm not going to move on until its perfect.

#79 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Sorry for the DP, but I am finally happy with this:

Posted Image

Comment and Enjoy.

#80 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

That is looking good. Honestly I didn't find the last one looking very well. It was smooth, but not shaped correctly. This one's twist is more gradually, which I think it should be. Keep this up and you'll get yourself a perfect Norwegian Loop :).

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: riddle