custom car sub-0 wing rider wingrider x flight

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

I am having trouble making connections from the support to the track. Do you have any tips on how to do this? I haven't built anything in 3 years until now and I seem to have lost a lot of the skill I never really had. I had a near perfect shape for the 0g, but I could not connect it to the supports. I'll look through these forums to see if I can find anything helpful, but can you guys also give me tips on how to make stronger supports and track connections?

#22 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Smoothed 0g
Posted Image

0g POV Shot
Posted Image

Tightened, banked, smoothed, and supported curve
Posted Image
Posted Image

I realized I haven't posted a very good full shot of the coaster so here it is. How do you like the flow? Is my 0g into the curve awkward?
Posted Image

Here are a couple of shots of the train on the track. What do you guys thing of my Wingrider desgin? They perform decently and are pretty firm on the cars.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment and give me feedback. I'm ready to move on with this coaster but if you guys think the 0g and curve need more work please tell me.

#23 Yognog

Yognog

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

I like the 0g into the curve but it does need to be smoothed out. and at the beginning of the 0g find a way to remove that bump. As for the curve try to make it look something like this. Hope i helped!
Posted Image

#24 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I worked on that curve a little and added a corkscrew. What do you guys think?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Again I apologize for my photography skills.

Please comment, make me feel loved, even if you don't have much to say :)

#25 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Please comment, make me feel loved, even if you don't have much to say :)

lol:P
On the outside veiw of the cork it looks fine but on the picture from the bottom it looks like the top has a little sharp spot, other wise i like it:)

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#26 Yognog

Yognog

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

This is looking good. You really fixed up that turn well

#27 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

All right so I added a raised curve after the corkscrew and the train does not make it. What do you suggest I do? Should I raise the Corkscrew? Should I just smoothen and add support to try and keep speed better? Here is a test video
Posted Image

#28 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

The only problem I see is the color. I'm not really liking the different cross tie and tubing colors. The rest is good

#29 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sorry I have not updated in a while but I went to band camp then came back and now i'm finishing this thing. I took out the corkscrew because it killed my speed and added a hill. I had added a twist a while ago but did not have time to update, but the twist is still there and will lead straight into a brake run/station. Pretty much, this layout is final I just need to close the loop.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope you like it! Comments and tips are greatly appreciated, so if you see this, please comment, even if you do not have much to say :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Wow, that's very good! I like wingriders.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#31 finrollercoaste09

finrollercoaste09

Comming soon Typhoon X!!!

• 316 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

I think you should remove the flexi's on heartline roll. Like in this picture of my coaster: Posted Image

#32 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

It looks like the turn would be a little wobbly. It looks amazing though keep it up :D

#33 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks a lot guys! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Wow, that's very good! I like wingriders.

Thanks! I have never ridden one but they look really cool. Hopefully I'll get on GateKeeper next year!

I think you should remove the flexi's on heartline roll. Like in this picture of my coaster: Posted Image

I've had to re-rail the twist a couple times so the flexis helped me keep it in place. They'll probably stay there for added support.

It looks like the turn would be a little wobbly. It looks amazing though keep it up :D

Yeah it is but I was very limited on pieces (I have about 4,000) and by that point the ride was pretty much over and it's a drop anyway.

Verbal Update: I finished the track with a chain lift brake run into a station. The train does not quite make it through the station but I will add another chain there. I hope to add themeing including a keyhole element (probably an ice arch), build a station house, clean up the area a bit, and hopefully have the final video up by monday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Finished the coaster and made a final video! Please leave comments on the coaster's page. Hope you like it :)

Sub-0 - SSCoasters Rides Database

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom car, sub-0, wing rider, wingrider, x flight