brakes lambchopz magnets tutorial

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

I guess everybody has there reason for their username, or maybe not. Tell it here!

My reason:

Well I'm REALLY bad with names(coasters, usernames, etc.). And my dad had a youtube account called sathothy (my sisters name starts with sa my name starts with tho and my little brothers name starts with thij(which my dad deformed in thy)) When I made my first knex thing(some sort of amusement park), I wanted it to be on youtube, my dad agreed. And then I started building more and more things. And posted them on the youtube account. Then I joined ssc and diccided to keep sathothy as my username. Now the youtube account is mine :P

#2 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

believe it or not, my name was made the exact same way. my dad made a youtube account with my sisters first two letters of her name and my name minus 1 a. and it was made in 2005. so there you go, Haaron05

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#3 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Well mine is a nickname from my last name, Fragomeli. Everyone calls me Fraggie, Frags, or any other name along that line. Only people who actually call me Chris or Christopher is my family and girlfriend. All my friends call me Frags or Fraggie and all my teachers did too. My co-workers even call me that. About 90% of people I know call me by my nickname rather my real name.

#4 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

My username is made up from my initials.

#5 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

A similar thing happened in my case. I have three brothers and my dad decided to take the first two letters of each name (Jo, Gu, Pe, Mi) and create an email address called jogupemi@blabla.bla. This was over 10 years ago. One day I figured to switch a couple of letters and came up with jogumpie. This can be pronounced as yoh-gum-pee (note on the G), which sounds like my name, Jochem, in a diminutive form (little Jochem). Most of you will probably pronounce my user name in a different way than intended. Luckily I also have the nickname 'Gump'.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#6 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

My name came from way back when I used to play halo on the pc. In multiplayer people were always using weird names so things came up like "your grandma killed you". I came up with old hag in about a second and never thought about it again. When I got a 360, I used old hag for my gamer tag, and when I joined this site I couldn't think of anything else to use.

Of course, I am not old, and I am not a hag.

#7 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Well of course I did my username from my obsession with Islands of Adventure and Universal all around. I know all the layouts at Universal Studios and IOA, and many facts about both of them too!

#8 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

I like cows.....

I originally though of baconbroha because I have a severe love for bacon, and the name souded catchy but I like cows. They are lazy like me! I am no man however, I wasnt gonna be cowboy because well I am not.... but i wanted to be cowman.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#9 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

I originally made a youtube account with this name cause I was just trying to find a username and SamIsSoAwsome sounded cool. When I made the account I thought awesome was spelled awsome. Then I made a gmail with the same name (still not knowing the correct spelling). So when I made my SSC account I spelled it wrong to fit with everything else... Yup.

Posted Image

#10 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

My name is my Mom's password for a lot of things (wireless internet, YouTube account, online grade checker, and (don't tell) the parental controls to the computer). I liked how it sounded, so I made it my username.

I've said it many times before, THE 58 MEANS NOTHING! :P

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#11 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

It was late, everyone had a bit too many... You know how these things go.

Just kidding ofcourse. It has nothing to do with gay orgies. It's actually because my tag used to be SUCK (they are all easy letters to graffiti, haha) and I wanted a youtube account. "Suck" was ofcourse not avaible, so I added The and Crew. Big mistake. I'm using it for everything now though.

#12 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

I thought this was how you pronounced Jogumpie when I first saw his name...

Posted Image

#13 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

^That might explain why everyone called you "mini gump" when you first joined... :P

I like swimming, and I couldn't really think of anything. Zone stands for the zone time standards which are VERY VERY VERY difficicult to achieve. I started SwimZONE in 8th grade, and I use it for everything I have. (There is some women in england who used swimzone@hotmail.com, so don't email that person)

My Youtube account however was based off of knexpert6, I LOVED his wooden roller coasters, so I decided to have a similar name. Now I wish I had SwimZONE... :(

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#14 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

My first name is Jean-Philippe (french name), everyone calls me JP and I love roller coaster so, JPCoaster. It's simple.

Posted Image

#15 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

When I first joined SSC, my username was 1coasterfreak! because I couldn't think of anything else. At least half the people on SSC at that time had the word "coaster" in their name - that was about when the mods started encouraging everyone to choose a more unique username for themselves.
I soon changed mine to ~stεεlspectrum~ because I like the material steel, and it sounds cool. Now people usually just call me "Steel". Most other places I use oneillperson, which does NOT mean "one ill person," but rather because my last name is O'Neill.

#16 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well... I used to make my own comic books all the time. Of course I never finished them... Anyway one of my personal favourites was a superhero I made up called Tornado. So I just added 96 and Presto! Here I am. I use it for everything now.

#17 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

It was late, everyone had a bit too many... You know how these things go.

Just kidding ofcourse. It has nothing to do with gay orgies. .

You crack me up.

I thought this was how you pronounced Jogumpie when I first saw his name...

When I first joined I used to get you two confused. I thought they were pronounced the same. Haha.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#18 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Mine is similar to Steel's story. I joined back in the days where everyone's name had either "coaster," "knex," "freak," "crazy," or "fanatic," or a combination of them, typically with a number at the end. Me, being 11 years old at the time, didn't think I might want a more distinguishable name in the future. I've just never changed my name, and I probably won't at this point. I've gotten pretty used to it.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#19 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

A.S.C. is the acronym for A.S.Coasters which is the acronym for Alex Schultheis Coasters.

I'm not very original.

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

pki - Paramount's King's Island (park name in 2005, changed to just 'King's Island' in 2007)

knex - herp a derp

25 - hockey number for many, many years, which originated from my class order number in kindergarten, first, and second grades.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes, lambchopz, magnets, tutorial