coaster dynamix

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Well guys... let's start another one! The name Taipan is a dangerous type of snake, so maybe that might give you guys ideas? ^_^

After seeing Scrap Attack, I really loved it, but it's a shame I haven't seen much of it recently. Stiggy, this one's for you!

Currently, I have standing a tophat, measuring 6' 3''. The structure is similar to Kingda Ka's, except I haven't used diagonals since there isn't much movement in it.

I'm going to use something a bit similar to the Tomcat Launch (bungee cord), with a zero car. Enough words though, on to the pictures!

Overview:

Posted Image

What a maze of blue and yellow rods! It's a triple base joining the supports and a double base filling the gap.

Posted Image

This footer has a total of 23 connections to the tube. This isn't going anywhere.

Posted Image

And here's the two main tube-to-tube connections: one giving four joints at each end, the other giving three.

Posted Image

Here's the crest. I'm keeping it's shape for now.

Posted Image

Finally, every tophat needs a picture with this view. It looks incredible.

Posted Image

Like I said, this one's in honour of The Stig. His models never cease to amaze me.
Chris, doesn't mean I'm not doing a Norwegian Loop. >:¬D

#2 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Wow, very nice. The footers look very strong. I'm sure you can get a good layout out of this because there wont be much shaking. Looking forward to seeing more!!

#3 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

:o Oh my gosh! This is incredible.

My only rants are that you should try to give the twists more heartlining. The way they are at the moment will make excessive lateral G's. Also, the pullin and pullout look too small.

Sorry if that sounded B*tchy.

I agree with you with Stig's models. They are just incredible. His spines are also awesome.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#4 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

It looks Soooooo Gooood, You are a great builder man!

Posted Image

#5 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Already wearing black for your finger's funeral.... :P

This thing is "tremendous"!!!. But the only thing, i think the pull out/in are To small. Beside this its perfect!

#6 Sorunome

Sorunome

Programmer

• 436 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Looking nice!

But make it taaaaaaaaaaaaaller :P
/me wantz to see a new world record XD

logo_v1_small.png 36691.png

#7 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Wow, I'm blown away at the footers. those are awesome!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#8 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Looks extremely sexy dude, very nice.

Just make the pullouts/ins larger like you said and you will be set.

I'm excited to watch this.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#9 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Stiggy, this one's for you!

Gee, I'm flattered ^_^

Your structure looks super strong and the top hat looks really good.
You better believe I'm gonna be watching this one ;)

#10 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Looks really good! :) Hope you can find a launch like you said. :)

#11 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

The amount of comments... :D

Wow, very nice. The footers look very strong. I'm sure you can get a good layout out of this because there wont be much shaking. Looking forward to seeing more!!

If anything prevents me from getting a great layout, it'll be pieces. And I ain't gonna let that happen.

:o Oh my gosh! This is incredible.

My only rants are that you should try to give the twists more heartlining. The way they are at the moment will make excessive lateral G's. Also, the pullin and pullout look too small.

Sorry if that sounded B*tchy.

I agree with you with Stig's models. They are just incredible. His spines are also awesome.

I have some sort of heartline. Also, I was concerned about the pullout, so someone telling me it needed to be improved is appreciated. Wasn't bad at all.
And you've gotta love him. ^_^

It looks Soooooo Gooood, You are a great builder man!

Thanks Remco, I really appreciate it :)

Already wearing black for your finger's funeral.... :P

This thing is "tremendous"!!!. But the only thing, i think the pull out/in are To small. Beside this its perfect!

I broke 4 nails in the process. 3 were only minor, but my right-hand index finger split quite bad. And see what you think of the pullout now :D

Looking nice!

But make it taaaaaaaaaaaaaller :P
/me wantz to see a new world record XD

Nah, transportation would be an issue, also pieces. I only have about 400 greys leftover, and about 300 metallic greens. Fortunately, I have over 1000 red rods which I can back up on if I need to, and I have some money if I just want greys.

Wow, I'm blown away at the footers. those are awesome!

Thanks dudee! :D

Looks extremely sexy dude, very nice.

Just make the pullouts/ins larger like you said and you will be set.

I'm excited to watch this.

Thanks Chubs, tell me what ya think.

Gee, I'm flattered ^_^

Your structure looks super strong and the top hat looks really good.
You better believe I'm gonna be watching this one ;)

WEWT! It can be moved, but dropping 5 cars down one side of it still doesn't cause any shaking of the structure, and little at the track. And I'm glad you're watching this one!

Looks really good! :) Hope you can find a launch like you said. :)

I'm going with bungee cords and a zero car.

---

Update!

I've purposely only modified one side, that way I can mirror it afterwards (common sense ;) ).

Pullout:

Posted Image

Direct-side view:

Posted Image

Heartlining...

Posted Image

And again!

Posted Image

I wanted to show this one as well; how I made the crest supports.

Posted Image

#12 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Looks much better. The alternating track colors remind me of Top Thrill Dragster.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#13 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Much better. Mirror that and you're golden. Really looking forward to seeing this done. And I'm curious how you're going to get this launch to work.

#14 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Like they said, it's a lot better. Just smooth it out a little. I hope you can get the launch to work correctly!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#15 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

wow, this is looking really good!. those footers are not going anywhere. have fun taking them apart when this is finished :P

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#16 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

wow, this is looking really good!. those footers are not going anywhere. have fun taking them apart when this is finished :P

Haha, no need to rub it in. They probably won't be that bad ;)

Like they said, it's a lot better. Just smooth it out a little. I hope you can get the launch to work correctly!

I've been working on the launch, have a little look down.

Much better. Mirror that and you're golden. Really looking forward to seeing this done. And I'm curious how you're going to get this launch to work.

I have mirrored it, although I don't have any pictures right now. I'm gonna be bringing the coaster downstairs soon, so you should be able to notice it in the upcoming update. And the launch, well, that's just a bit further down ;)

Looks much better. The alternating track colors remind me of Top Thrill Dragster.

It looks a lot more like TTD now, since I've used 6 track lengths for this launch.

So, as I said I've done the launch, a simple bungee cord to power it. I think it might just do the trick... what's your opinion?

#17 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Wow, love it, smooth launch, i tried once do this with a vv i had but i got a big fail :P

#18 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

I love how simple the launch is. Less things to worry about going wrong ;) Powerful, too. Nice.
Are you planning to add some sort of trigger mechanism?
And how are you going to get the train in front again?

#19 Yognog

Yognog

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hey its looking good! but i agree with The Stig on how are you gunna get the train in front of the push car?

#20 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thought I could share this also... watch in 720p HD guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster dynamix