Vulture K'nex Coaster (New Way to the Top Competition)

coaster dynamix hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I make a launch instead or should I make a spiral lift.

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should I make a launch instead or should I make a spiral lift.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Elevator lifts tend to work better with more than a single wheel per rail, try adding another wheel for each rail making eight total and that should help things with a lot of the aspects of the lift

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#62 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Maybe the elevator lift would work if you added something that would stop the right side of the carriage so that only the left side goes up some and then the incline would cause the train to go through the curve, possibly without the spinny thing at the top? So I like the banking on that turn. :)

Thanks!

No it completly falls down, the whole elevator cart thingy. I checked the wire and nothing is wrong with it. I have no idea why this is happening. I don't really want to but if I have to I will make a launch instead.. :(

#63 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Sorry for DP :( ......

Well anyways there is finally a new poll, thanks to BGTKing and KR11! Please vote in it!
So I was getting frustrated with the elevator lift so I tore it down. YAY No more problems!

Well I was messing around with some supports for a possible spiral lift. (I will completely make it if there are more votes for it then for the launch)
Should I do this:
Posted Image
or should I do this
Posted Image

Oh and this is the thing that spins around that moves the cart up the spiral. (Can't think of the name right now...)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment and have a great day!

The only really difference is that option has less pieces the option 2.

#64 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

TP! Come on guys.....

Well this is where I am at. Well since this has to be done on Sunday, onto pictures.

How I am connecting the x-ties to the support beams:
Posted Image

Overview:
Posted Image

Have a good day!

#65 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Just to tell you that if you finish this in time I think you will win because you are kind of the only one entering in this contest! :P any way it looks good so far! But the one thing is that you better have plenty tubing because a spiral lift will need lots of track!

#66 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

This does look good and all, and on top of what Muzz135 said... are those enough supports to shape the spirals? It should be enough, I don't know for sure, but if I were you, I'd add at least one more tower (if possible) jut to be safe. For not only strength purposes but also shaping purposes.
Edit:

The structure looks good! I'm wondering what kind of elements you'll throw into the layout. It's looking good so far!

I think he's going to do a loop followed by a high-speed turn. That would be my guess.

Edited by SCM, 17 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#67 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

The structure looks good! I'm wondering what kind of elements you'll throw into the layout. It's looking good so far!

Posted Image

#68 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I WILL BE HARSH! No, just kidding it looks great! I like the over-banked turn, it looks cool! (L)

#69 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'm not sure if I've seen a spiral lift this tall yet. It'll certainly make for an interesting coaster. Not long left to finish it but don't rush.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#70 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Final Update!

Complete circuit! It features a spiral lift hill, loop, high-speed turn, helix, airhill, and brakes. Pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

AAANNNNDDD THE BEST STATION AWARD GOOOEESSS TOOOOOOO!!!
Posted Image

My braking system
Posted Image

Video:
Coming soon!! (as when it finishes uploading.)

#71 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Looks really good. I would consider taking some more time on the station though, it doesn't match the quality of the rest of the ride. Can't wait to see it run.

Posted Image

#72 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

^Thanks and I will work on the station.

I finally got the video to work! The music won't work for some reason....

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster dynamix, hyper coaster